ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball V. Penn State Thread

I hope Miles can turn this team around next year because I like the man. Dont see Eichorst putting up with this type of performance if it happens next year with an influx of new talent.

Originally posted by Sooner_or_Later:

I hope Miles can turn this team around next year because I like the man. Dont see Eichorst putting up with this type of performance if it happens next year with an influx of new talent.
Miles just had the best recruiting class since Née was here.... We should be better with the talent coming in and that transferred.

Miles has a seven year contract. Next year is only year four. He'll be here awhile.

LOL. We're Nebraska. We don't fire our men's basketball coach two or three years removed from an NCAA tournament appearance. Miles has another 4-5 years before he's on the hot seat.

Continues to amaze me how college BB officials just don't bother to enforce the double-dribble rule.

Dribble a few times, pick up the ball, dribble again.... and yet they will call ticky-tack fouls until the cows come home.

That was a horrendous display of officiating. The Big Ten officials are just horrendous. What a step down they have been.

laugh.r191677.gif

Officiating is comical...on both ends. Both teams can't buy a foul.

I'm watching this game at the bar. Everyone watching is a non Husker fan. They can't believe the officiating.

The incompetence and downright laziness of college basketball officials on full display today. My God, these guys are absolutely stealing the money.

And a few minutes earlier Newbill get breathed upon by Moses Abraham, and they all three blow the whistle.

The only reason Miles didn't get T'ed up was that he was RIGHT. Piss poor officiating.

The color guy is a huge PSU homer. When Shields gets mugged twice..."that's frustrating". When the PSU guy gets called for holding TP's arm down... "that's a bad call...PSU could have the ball and being going up 10".

WTF dude? Legit call on PSU= bad call. Two terrible calls going against Nebraska=frustrating.

Originally posted by shine003:
The color guy is a huge PSU homer. When Shields gets mugged twice..."that's frustrating". When the PSU guy gets called for holding TP's arm down... "that's a bad call...PSU could have the ball and being going up 10".

WTF dude? Legit call on PSU= bad call. Two terrible calls going against Nebraska=frustrating.
Eh.....It's Dan Dakich. He's not too bad. You just have to get used to him.

It's Dan Dakich. If he knew basketball he would still be coaching instead of getting run out of the game
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Sorry, but 8 second time differential isn't enough time to back off and play defense. Just lost 30 seconds of game time and are in the exact position as going full court press and fouling if you don't get the turnover.

This looks like hindsight, but I didn't like the decision the second I saw them back off.

13-18, what a disappointing season. Probably the most over-hyped team in program history.

Bad way for rivers to go out, could of won the game against maryland but went 1-6 at the line, this game he had the rebound secured for the final possession down by 1 and 10+ seconds left and fumbled it.... poor guy

Mercifully, this Nebrasketball season comes to an end. Time to look forward to next year.

Miles has some work to do. He's not getting fired next year...but this was as bad as any Nebraska basketball team that I can remember.

Originally posted by Tulsa Tom:
That was a horrendous display of officiating. The Big Ten officials are just horrendous. What a step down they have been.
Agreed Shields was hammered twice and no call getting beat at the buzzer those FT could have made the differents.

ohhhh well at least Iowa can't say we beat you 3 times in one year like the women's team.
dead.r191677.gif

Near the final seconds of the game, webster fouled a PSU player and then extended a hand at him to help him up. That's not the right kind of mentality, but you can't blame him, he's from new zealand, a more relaxed/chill environment.

And the PSU player did the right thing and ignored him.

09-10 was a better team than these guys.

11-12 was pitiful but had some better wins. You could make an argument here...although I still think this year's team was worse.

11-12 was pitiful but had some better wins. You could make an argument here...although I still think this year's team was worse.
Does it matter all 3 were terrible... LEAVE it at that.

Try not to think too much.

09-10 won two conference games. Two. Conference. Wins.

I thought the same thing. Force the ball into a big man's hands and give a foul with 20-25 seconds left. Even if Rivers secures that rebound, NU was still going to have a hard time getting a decent shot.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
BR, he didn't play in the 2H and wasn't engaged. IMO, message sent, but too late.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Disappointing the way he shook out the last half of the year. I wonder if he even comes back next season? As a shooter, he showed some good range, but at his size, he needs to be playing the post. JMO. But if he's going to garner an attitude, then we dont' need that either.

I'm starting to think Molinari was not a great hire.

I appreciate the run they gave us last year, but I wouldn't be sad if Petteway and Pitchford are not part of next year's team. If we're going to be bad anyway, might as well put the young unselfish guys like White, Morrow, Watson, etc. in there and build for the future.

This post was edited on 3/11 7:29 PM by Harry Caray

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT