ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska path to the West

Interesting this is even being talked about. Winning the West was never in the cards this year but fans wanted to believe it so now we are angry that it didn’t happen... Moos said from the beginning that bowl eligibility was the goal and that has not changed. 6 wins is achievable so anything beyond is gravy.. Will get a good look on Frost’s leadership skills this weekend. GBR...

Interesting this is even being talked about. Winning the West was never in the cards this year but fans wanted to believe it so now we are angry that it didn’t happen... Moos said from the beginning that bowl eligibility was the goal and that has not changed. 6 wins is achievable so anything beyond is gravy.. Will get a good look on Frost’s leadership skills this weekend. GBR...
Uh, we were picked to win the West. You can’t blame the fans for being angry with Frost when we were the favorites & we’ll probably end up in 4th place instead.

Yes I know you probably all laughed at that. Hear me out. There is a path and it is not that crazy.
Currently:

MN is sitting at 4-0 in conf they have Maryland, Penn St, @Iowa, @ NW, Wisc. Realistically they could lose all of them. I still don't think they have looked great they are in a similar situation to us in 2016 where we had a very easy schedule the 1st half of the year and tough one the back half. So we will know much more about them in 2 or 3 weeks. I see them losing 3 of the next 5. Ideally they would need to at min lose to Penn St, Iowa and Wisc hopefully 1 more to put them at 5-4 in conf.

Iowa is sitting at 2-2 in conf they have @ NW @ Wisc MN Illinois @Neb. We would need them to lose at min Wisc and Nebraska. Putting them at 5-4

Wisc is sitting at 3-1 in conf they have @ ohio st Iowa @ Neb Purdue @ MN. I see them losing to Ohio St next week. Then we would need to beat them putting them at 6-3.

Nebraska we are sitting at 2-2 in conf with Indiana, @ Purdue, Wisc, @ Maryland, Iowa. I think for us to have a shot we must win out or worst case 1 loss, not to Wisc or Iowa. Win out we go 7-2 and would win the west. If we lose to Iowa or wisc I don't see a path. If we do happen to get 1 loss (again not to Iowa or Wisc) we would have to have MN lose 4

Now granted I know there are different situation that could play out with each team, but what I have listed seems the most logical.

Allo needs to start worrying about paying off the free internet for a year.

Completely unrelated topic but I looked into replacing spectrum with allo and the price I calculated off their web page was $50/mo higher for the same service. That can't be can it ? Anybody here replaced spectrum with allo and what was your new price change ?

Uh, we were picked to win the West. You can’t blame the fans for being angry with Frost when we were the favorites & we’ll probably end up in 4th place instead.
Did Frost say we will win the West this year? If no then why are we mad at him for the unrealistic expectations the media and fans put on him? Hell is own AD said 6-6 was acceptable at the start of the year.

Did Frost say we will win the West this year? If no then why are we mad at him for the unrealistic expectations the media and fans put on him? Hell is own AD said 6-6 was acceptable at the start of the year.
I don’t think you want to start an argument based on what Frost said & didn’t say.

There was just a big article in the OWH about this very topic.

I used to occasionally bet the long shots at greyhound dog races. Once it paid off. I laid $20 on an 18-1 dog named "Pistol Grip" to win because I was down $$ and he was sniffing the ass of the dog ahead of him during the procession. In the race for the West, Nebraska has longer odds and is not exhibiting similar behavior.

I don’t think you want to start an argument based on what Frost said & didn’t say.

There was just a big article in the OWH about this very topic.
Saying "get us while you can" and "year 2 we could be really good" and whatever else he said. He NEVER said we will win the West this year. He said
“We’ll be competing for our side in Year 2. I don’t know if we’ll win it. Then it just goes up from there.” — Frost, July 2018
As of right now we are still in contention for the West. Now I agree, Frost talks to much, but he is trying to give confidence to a team that has had zero for 3 years. What the hell is he suppose to say? We suck and have no talent? I would much rather have him over hype things and be confident than have MR "Oh golly gee guys, we have a heck of team that tries really hard"
I admit Frost has made his fair share of mistakes and is not blameless in this this mess. I put much of the blame on him in fact. I agree this team should probably be farther ahead. But being pissed because us fans took his words and went to crazy town is insane.

Saying "get us while you can" and "year 2 we could be really good" and whatever else he said. He NEVER said we will win the West this year. He said
“We’ll be competing for our side in Year 2. I don’t know if we’ll win it. Then it just goes up from there.” — Frost, July 2018
As of right now we are still in contention for the West. Now I agree, Frost talks to much, but he is trying to give confidence to a team that has had zero for 3 years. What the hell is he suppose to say? We suck and have no talent? I would much rather have him over hype things and be confident than have MR "Oh golly gee guys, we have a heck of team that tries really hard"
I admit Frost has made his fair share of mistakes and is not blameless in this this mess. I put much of the blame on him in fact. I agree this team should probably be farther ahead. But being pissed because us fans took his words and went to crazy town is insane.
Fair enough. Good post

Reactions: husker2612
I don’t think Minnesota gets out of the West. I still see at least three loses left on their schedule.
Right there is nothing they have done that leads me to believe they won't have 3 losses. They have played nobody, yes that includes us. Their best win could be considered SDSU and the almost lost.

If you focus only on Minnesota's close non-conference wins, they don't seem too impressive. But all 4 B1G wins were by blowout. (MN was up 38-17 at Purdue late...PU scored and then got a fluke onside-kick and scored again to make it look close. The other 3 games were obvious blowouts.). And with basically the same team, MN closed-out last year by beating PU 41-10, losing to NW 24-14, winning @Wisconsin 37-15 (37-7 til WI scored with 1 min left), and beating Georgia Tech in a Bowl 34-10.

Under Fleck, they seem to improve as the season goes on.

Last edited:
I used to occasionally bet the long shots at greyhound dog races. Once it paid off. I laid $20 on an 18-1 dog named "Pistol Grip" to win because I was down $$ and he was sniffing the ass of the dog ahead of him during the procession. In the race for the West, Nebraska has longer odds and is not exhibiting similar behavior.
So, what you are saying is we need to start sniffing asses and we will win the west?
Nice-Ass-Butt-Lift-Peach-Hips-Sexy-Pants-For-Woman-Fitness-Gym-Running-Yoga-Flat-Lock.jpg

Interesting.

Out of all the players on the roster it's weird that Washington would be considered to be in the role of a leader. Never met him, but between his off-field issues, pair of half-game suspensions this season, and inability to stay on the field who on the roster would think he should lead?

even before his court issue appeared, a red flag went up last season for me. loose cannon. i just hope the "light bulb" comes on for him----soon.

sigh. I remember when I was a kid and Nebraska was sitting near the top of the national rankings heading in to their bowl game. I would try to figure out a scenario where we could be ranked #1 when it was all over......

sigh. I remember when I was a kid and Nebraska was sitting near the top of the national rankings heading in to their bowl game. I would try to figure out a scenario where we could be ranked #1 when it was all over......
Now we are figuring out scenarios how to just make a bowl game.

Someone asked if Nebraska would still win the B12N? Well, most likely not due to Ames. Missouri lost to Vandy. K-State is 1-2 in conference play. CU sucks. And Ku remains itself. But ISU is pretty salty.

Last edited:
I don't know. Iowa can't score and Minny did beat Wisconsin last year. That's why we play the games. I hope that is the case because I can't stand Fleck, but he is currently getting it done.
Very true. Iowa is atleast moving the ball and getting yards. They just can’t cross the goal line once past the 30. Id like to think that’s gotta change. Wisconsin has owned Iowa so I don’t expect to win that game. Stanley hasn’t been good on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT