ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska path to the West

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
Yes I know you probably all laughed at that. Hear me out. There is a path and it is not that crazy.
Currently:

MN is sitting at 4-0 in conf they have Maryland, Penn St, @Iowa, @ NW, Wisc. Realistically they could lose all of them. I still don't think they have looked great they are in a similar situation to us in 2016 where we had a very easy schedule the 1st half of the year and tough one the back half. So we will know much more about them in 2 or 3 weeks. I see them losing 3 of the next 5. Ideally they would need to at min lose to Penn St, Iowa and Wisc hopefully 1 more to put them at 5-4 in conf.

Iowa is sitting at 2-2 in conf they have @ NW @ Wisc MN Illinois @Neb. We would need them to lose at min Wisc and Nebraska. Putting them at 5-4

Wisc is sitting at 3-1 in conf they have @ ohio st Iowa @ Neb Purdue @ MN. I see them losing to Ohio St next week. Then we would need to beat them putting them at 6-3.

Nebraska we are sitting at 2-2 in conf with Indiana, @ Purdue, Wisc, @ Maryland, Iowa. I think for us to have a shot we must win out or worst case 1 loss, not to Wisc or Iowa. Win out we go 7-2 and would win the west. If we lose to Iowa or wisc I don't see a path. If we do happen to get 1 loss (again not to Iowa or Wisc) we would have to have MN lose 4.

Now granted I know there are different situation that could play out with each team, but what I have listed seems the most logical.

Right now I think Minnesota is sitting pretty and will win the West with 2 conf losses. It's crazy seeing a Minnesota program doing that well! At the very best we'd end up 7-5 this year. That would be great considering we could double our win total from last year with a bowl win.

If we play like we did the first half of the season then none of this matters however if our OLine and our Defensive front 7 play to their potential then we can still make a run!

Remember 2009 where we started 4-3, and 1-2 in the conference losing to Va Tech, Texas Tech, and lowly Iowa St. That same season we almost beat #3 Texas for the conference title.

It's still too early to count our guys out!

Reactions: husker2612
Right now I think Minnesota is sitting pretty and will win the West with 2 conf losses. It's crazy seeing a Minnesota program doing that well! At the very best we'd end up 7-5 this year. That would be great considering we could double our win total from last year with a bowl win.
I don’t think Minnesota gets out of the West. I still see at least three loses left on their schedule.

Nice work! But I’m thinking Minnesota might be the team that wins the West. They seem to be getting better each week, they’ve been making history, and are believing in themselves. It will probably come down to the Minnesota vs Wisconsin game that decides who goes.

Nebraska does not have the depth, is way too inconsistent on offense moving the ball, and not sound enough in defensive assignments to even make it to Indianapolis. With the way we’ve played so far there is nothing to indicate we have what it takes for a miracle turnaround.

We are simply not ready yet. I agree with many on the board we’ll be lucky to make a Bowl game. This would be a disaster if we fail to make a Bowl two years in a row.

I don’t think Minnesota gets out of the West. I still see at least three loses left on their schedule.
Right there is nothing they have done that leads me to believe they won't have 3 losses. They have played nobody, yes that includes us. Their best win could be considered SDSU and the almost lost.

Reactions: Huskred01
I would be more optimistic if CU didn't get boat-raced again yesterday at Wazzu.

We beat South Alabama, NIU, NW and IL, which is apparently now a Giant Killer. We haven't covered spreads. Show me something this weekend Frost.

Yes I know you probably all laughed at that. Hear me out. There is a path and it is not that crazy.
Currently:

MN is sitting at 4-0 in conf they have Maryland, Penn St, @Iowa, @ NW, Wisc. Realistically they could lose all of them. I still don't think they have looked great they are in a similar situation to us in 2016 where we had a very easy schedule the 1st half of the year and tough one the back half. So we will know much more about them in 2 or 3 weeks. I see them losing 3 of the next 5. Ideally they would need to at min lose to Penn St, Iowa and Wisc hopefully 1 more to put them at 5-4 in conf.

Iowa is sitting at 2-2 in conf they have @ NW @ Wisc MN Illinois @Neb. We would need them to lose at min Wisc and Nebraska. Putting them at 5-4

Wisc is sitting at 3-1 in conf they have @ ohio st Iowa @ Neb Purdue @ MN. I see them losing to Ohio St next week. Then we would need to beat them putting them at 6-3.

Nebraska we are sitting at 2-2 in conf with Indiana, @ Purdue, Wisc, @ Maryland, Iowa. I think for us to have a shot we must win out or worst case 1 loss, not to Wisc or Iowa. Win out we go 7-2 and would win the west. If we lose to Iowa or wisc I don't see a path. If we do happen to get 1 loss (again not to Iowa or Wisc) we would have to have MN lose 4.

Now granted I know there are different situation that could play out with each team, but what I have listed seems the most logical.
Delusional!

If we play like we did the first half of the season then none of this matters however if our OLine and our Defensive front 7 play to their potential then we can still make a run!

Remember 2009 where we started 4-3, and 1-2 in the conference losing to Va Tech, Texas Tech, and lowly Iowa St. That same season we almost beat #3 Texas for the conference title.

It's still too early to count our guys out!
Argh...what a waste of a great team.

Currently:

You show Iowa and Minnesota each need to lose to each other....

Reactions: Huskred01
Currently:

Delusional! You need a new hobby.

You show Iowa and Minnesota each need to lose to each other....
MeekNeglectedIrishsetter-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: SkerInCo
I'm more worried about beating Indiana this week. There is nothing that I have seen from Nebraska this year, from coaching on down, that would lead me to believe that we can win this one. Hope I'm proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

After watching numerous underdog teams this weekend playing teams way above their level and actually competing against them without getting blown out, I made the realization that this Husker team has even more problems than I first thought. And I thought they had a lot of them to begin with.

I'm more worried about beating Indiana this week. There is nothing that I have seen from Nebraska this year, from coaching on down, that would lead me to believe that we can win this one. Hope I'm proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

After watching numerous underdog teams this weekend playing teams way above their level and actually competing against them without getting blown out, I made the realization that this Husker team has even more problems than I first thought. And I thought they had a lot of them to begin with.
Motivation still seems to be a problem.

Reactions: Chuck003
Inner strife on this team will not let that happen. Sometimes a coach has to unhitch the wagon and realize that someone just might not be the leader he thought that player would be!

One of the supposed team leaders has lost the respect of his teammates. Washington does what he feels like doing and does not follow team protocol at all. Favorites like this tend to cause inner strife! There is another problem, players not delivering and Frost unable to make a change when a change should have been made weeks ago. Like I said team turmoil!

One of the supposed team leaders has lost the respect of his teammates. Washington does what he feels like doing and does not follow team protocol at all. Favorites like this tend to cause inner strife!
I feel the same about Martinez. Only plays with fire when the team is down by 14, yet keeps starting role throughout.

One of the supposed team leaders has lost the respect of his teammates. Washington does what he feels like doing and does not follow team protocol at all. Favorites like this tend to cause inner strife! There is another problem, players not delivering and Frost unable to make a change when a change should have been made weeks ago. Like I said team turmoil!

Interesting.

Out of all the players on the roster it's weird that Washington would be considered to be in the role of a leader. Never met him, but between his off-field issues, pair of half-game suspensions this season, and inability to stay on the field who on the roster would think he should lead?

Interesting.

Out of all the players on the roster it's weird that Washington would be considered to be in the role of a leader. Never met him, but between his off-field issues, pair of half-game suspensions this season, and inability to stay on the field who on the roster would think he should lead?
SN raised a real dipshit

I think we will be lucky to get to 6. Hopefully they have rested and healed up with the bye week. We are pretty dinged up and just have no depth.

Not saying Washington is a leader. I said a leader is struggling than added Washington is being a dipshit!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT