ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska opens up as an 8 pt underdog vs Minnesota

I will be hammering the Huskers

do what you will with this information

I will give you credit for stating ahead of time what yer betting on...beats people who quote an old post that didnt work out while tbey make fun of the person who was wrong and lost money....I am curious how much you guys (Someday...etc) wager on these games? Are we talikn a hundy...fiddy??? More, less?? I havent wagerd in forever and am just curious....also, how do you place the bets? Online I assume?.

This is a line that is 8 now...but will be under 7 the week of the game.

Grab it now if you can find it because come game week it will be the dreaded 6 or 5.5.

Hell +8 is a great teaser line...bump it up to +14 with another game.
I think this line closes under +7. I don’t see any way that the line goes the opposite direction.

I will give you credit for stating ahead of time what yer betting on...beats people who quote an old post that didnt work out while tbey make fun of the person who was wrong and lost money....I am curious how much you guys (Someday...etc) wager on these games? Are we talikn a hundy...fiddy??? More, less?? I havent wagerd in forever and am just curious....also, how do you place the bets? Online I assume?.
min bet - 50
max bet - 200

I place bets online through a bookie still (mostly because it's credit vs deposit), but live in CO so could use any number of legal means (all also online)

baseball is probably my best handicapping season, and have a lot of dry powder from my +2200 UCONN national title future, so should be locked & loaded come football season

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I do anywhere from $1-$200 depending on confidence level and I use Bovada, a popular website based in Vegas. I live in Omaha. I usually go hardest on the Super Bowl because I’ve nailed the last 5 except for Rams Bengals. But even that one I got Beckham scoring on the same day his son was born 😉

min bet - 50
max bet - 200

I place bets online through a bookie still (mostly because it's credit vs deposit), but live in CO so could use any number of legal means (all also online)

baseball is probably my best handicapping season, and have a lot of dry powder from my +2200 UCONN national title future, so should be locked & loaded come football season
Did you post your UConn future anywhere before hand? I wanted to put one in for them in the 3rd round, when I found out that in their first round game, the refs inexplicably cut down the nets while they were at the free throw line, to hit their 84th point no less, in the 84th tournament, like what you do when you win the whole thing…But Bovada took away futures after the 1st or second round.

I do anywhere from $1-$200 depending on confidence level and I use Bovada, a popular website based in Vegas. I live in Omaha. I usually go hardest on the Super Bowl because I’ve nailed the last 5 except for Rams Bengals. But even that one I got Beckham scoring on the same day his son was born 😉

Did you post your UConn future anywhere before hand? I wanted to put one in for them in the 3rd round, when I found out that in their first round game, the refs inexplicably cut down the nets while they were at the free throw line, to hit their 84th point no less, in the 84th tournament, like what you do when you win the whole thing…But Bovada took away futures after the 1st or second round.

I like reading about what you guys bet on...i'm sure i'm not the only one and kudos to all who put it out there ahead of time.

I like reading about what you guys bet on...i'm sure i'm not the only one and kudos to all who put it out there ahead of time.
Good to hear! I like putting it out there to hold myself accountable for all to see. I think it forces me to do better, especially with my crazy ideas that no one buys into 😆 I tend to do really well with the World Series as well even though I pay zero attention to baseball lol, so I’ll have a pick for that when the time comes, also the Kentucky Derby (Notice the mass shooting in Louisville yesterday?) I’ll try to put my pick out but I’ll be drunk at a horse ranch in Lexington for that. I did hit Rahm at -700 for the Masters on Sunday but that obviously wasn’t much $$$

I really dislike the new trend in college football in all of the conferences where your opening game is against a conference foe. It happened a few times during the Osborne years too, but not with the frequency it is happening now. Give me the days where for most traditional blue blood programs you opened your season at home against a complete doormat directional school.

This game against Minnesota is a mystery. They do not seem to have much talent coming back, but they have a stable coaching staff, develop players well, and have had our number. And it is in their place at night. We have a new staff, a huge roster turnover, and new systems on both sides of the ball. On paper this looks like a loss. But we might also come out with fire in our bellies with a chip on our shoulders and something to prove. We also have a lot of talent at the skill positions. If our two lines play competent football we will win this.

posted it twice in the March Madness Thread

I have a +2200 future on them I took before the BE tourney

needless to say, I'm rooting for you!
placed the bet on March 6th

Reactions: SomedayHusker
weird opening the season on the road against a conference team for blue blood N. like i've read above, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. so many variables to iron out.

I like the ones who tell us their bets ahead of time. And then after they lose, they then tell us about all their other side action that they won on so they came out way ahead anyway. Jolly good show!
giphy.gif

Believe it when I see it, and not a second before. We'll lose most of these types of games until we recruit better talent. Rhule's shown a little, but so far not measurably better than anyone since Bo. Take Minny, and be happy if I lose that bet.

Believe it when I see it, and not a second before. We'll lose most of these types of games until we recruit better talent. Rhule's shown a little, but so far not measurably better than anyone since Bo. Take Minny, and be happy if I lose that bet.
I'm neither a fan or a critic of Rhule because he hasn't coached a game at NU yet. But how can you say he's not measurably better than anyone since Bo, since we have no games at Nebraska to measure him by?

You could totally be right, by the way. I'm just curious where that opinion comes from.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
Don’t know much about sports betting. But I'm surprised that lines come out for football in April... I would I have thought late July/early August.

Unpopular opinion probably but Minnesota by 8 seems fair enough to me at this point. Road conference game, new coach, against a likely decent team is a tough task. We'll know more as we get closer to the season and things become more clear. Again I'm shocked that lines come out this early lol. Pretty tough to make a good prediction at this point

Don’t know much about sports betting. But I'm surprised that lines come out for football in April... I would I have thought late July/early August.

Unpopular opinion probably but Minnesota by 8 seems fair enough to me at this point. Road conference game, new coach, against a likely decent team is a tough task. We'll know more as we get closer to the season and things become more clear. Again I'm shocked that lines come out this early lol. Pretty tough to make a good prediction at this point
it's not every line, just a handful of big matchups

the rest of Week 0/1 will be out later in the summer as you expect

Reactions: BigRedTed

From what I've seen on Draft Kings you aren't able to bet CFB games until a week or two before. Right now they only have a couple furures bets. During the season you can only bet for the upcoming week.

I pause at N +8 @ Min but Id love to take N -7 @ sCUm right now.

I really dislike the new trend in college football in all of the conferences where your opening game is against a conference foe. It happened a few times during the Osborne years too, but not with the frequency it is happening now. Give me the days where for most traditional blue blood programs you opened your season at home against a complete doormat directional school.

This game against Minnesota is a mystery. They do not seem to have much talent coming back, but they have a stable coaching staff, develop players well, and have had our number. And it is in their place at night. We have a new staff, a huge roster turnover, and new systems on both sides of the ball. On paper this looks like a loss. But we might also come out with fire in our bellies with a chip on our shoulders and something to prove. We also have a lot of talent at the skill positions. If our two lines play competent football we will win this.
But we still are ranked 4th in the BIG in returning talent.

We have been so beaten down by bad coaching and some bad breaks the last 5 years that people are forgetting how lame

Minny
Iowa
Purdue
Illinois
MSU
RU
MD
NW
Wisconsin
and Indiana

really are.

Think how bad NU was last year and they still "beat" Wisky, Minny, Purdue (their best team in 30 years), Illinois (There best team in 20 years) and so on.

An average coach with average "NU" players is going to do just fine at NU.

Last year's game was won till Whipple went away from the run game and let his superego ruin the day.

Minne lost 3 lineman, starting QB and RB's to graduation... Will be interesting since NU will have a competent OC who will play to his strengths and does not try to force a square peg into a round hole. Whipple will be sorely missed...

I don't get the hand wringing about the 3-3-5

White was on the short list of best coordinators in the country last year, using multiple fronts as games/opponents dictate

he's said he'll do as much here, which is incredibly obvious
I think some fans really get stuck on the names of a defense.

Years ago when I started coaching this old timer on the staff (we were discussing defensive fronts) said "f you watch, in the end, there are pretty much always 4-5-6 guys up at the line."

And he was pretty much right.

I ran the 3-5-3 for the 5 years of my coaching and it was amazing, no one could run on us with ease and getting outside on us was impossible. It might have sort of looked like we only had 3 guys on the LOS but we basically had a min of 5 up there by the time the ball was snapped.

I'm neither a fan or a critic of Rhule because he hasn't coached a game at NU yet. But how can you say he's not measurably better than anyone since Bo, since we have no games at Nebraska to measure him by?

You could totally be right, by the way. I'm just curious where that opinion comes from.
Recruiting. Class still turned out mediocre, and has shown nothing this season thus far. It’s early, but there haven’t exactly been any fireworks.

Recruiting. Class still turned out mediocre, and has shown nothing this season thus far. It’s early, but there haven’t exactly been any fireworks.
Good grief. Some recruiting sites had our class as high as 25th or so. That is pretty damn solid considering Nebraska has just suffered through the worst 8 year stretch since before Devaney showed up in 1962. And Rhule was a brand new coach who had to hire a staff and learn the lay of the land, and he still managed to put together a solid class. And if you toss in the fact that he landed one of the best portal transfer classes in the B1G, I would have to rate his recruiting a success given how ****ing awful we have been now for damn near a decade.

I think some fans really get stuck on the names of a defense.

Years ago when I started coaching this old timer on the staff (we were discussing defensive fronts) said "f you watch, in the end, there are pretty much always 4-5-6 guys up at the line."

And he was pretty much right.

I ran the 3-5-3 for the 5 years of my coaching and it was amazing, no one could run on us with ease and getting outside on us was impossible. It might have sort of looked like we only had 3 guys on the LOS but we basically had a min of 5 up there by the time the ball was snapped.
bringing some b12 defense to the b10 should be interesting. it does take some time to adopt though and get the right type of athletes recruited who can run to the ball. safeties become playmakers rather than stopgaps.

Good grief. Some recruiting sites had our class as high as 25th or so. That is pretty damn solid considering Nebraska has just suffered through the worst 8 year stretch since before Devaney showed up in 1962. And Rhule was a brand new coach who had to hire a staff and learn the lay of the land, and he still managed to put together a solid class. And if you toss in the fact that he landed one of the best portal transfer classes in the B1G, I would have to rate his recruiting a success given how ****ing awful we have been now for damn near a decade.
I’ll give you he did better, but within a standard deviation of his predecessors. Still mediocre. I get that it’ll take time, just don’t have the same priapism as others. Believe it when I see it, and wouldn’t bet on our success until we recruit the talent to justify doing so.

I’ll give you he did better, but within a standard deviation of his predecessors. Still mediocre. I get that it’ll take time, just don’t have the same priapism as others. Believe it when I see it, and wouldn’t bet on our success until we recruit the talent to justify doing so.
Your logic makes no sense if you are basing your reasoning on talent based of recruiting rankings.. Nebraska has ranked higher than Minny since Riley has been here, so wouldn't that mean we have superior talent?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT