ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska offense stats - prepare to vomit

Its a clear picture of failure. If Rhule doesn't see it and make changes at the end of the year, then it will be the death sentence to his tenure. Id like to see changes now, but its not going to happen, and really wont change that much. Best we can hope for is they change their approach and get a QB run element going for a few series a game, figure out the short and intermediate passing game, increase the running game focus to shorten the games. Our D is not great, but they are continually hung out to dry again this year. If Rhule is acting as CEO, he cant ignore the numbers. If he does, well, see ya later.

FBS rankings :

125th - red zone offense!!!
91th-scoring offense
57th-passing offense/effiency
99th- rushing offense
99th - passing yards per completion
88th -total offense

Why again are we pay Satterfield 1.4 million? We do NOTHING well
Lot of people on this board thought Sat just needed a QB and everything would be just fine. He’s below average and he always has been.

Its a clear picture of failure. If Rhule doesn't see it and make changes at the end of the year, then it will be the death sentence to his tenure. Id like to see changes now, but its not going to happen, and really wont change that much. Best we can hope for is they change their approach and get a QB run element going for a few series a game, figure out the short and intermediate passing game, increase the running game focus to shorten the games. Our D is not great, but they are continually hung out to dry again this year. If Rhule is acting as CEO, he cant ignore the numbers. If he does, well, see ya later.
AD should offer his input then wait and see. If Rhule doesn’t make any changes then step in and let everyone go.

I would have felt like we're were forfeiting if we had trotted out the FG Unit down 7-28 in the third.

We weren't going to claw back into that game kicking field goals - even if we did make them.

Reactions: cubsker
Not for nothing....the defense gave up 56.

There are no clean hands.
Well 49 technically. I don’t count the pick 6.

But the lack of offensive production allows the OC and players in the other side to play far looser. This has a trickle down effect against your D.

Our special teams didn’t help on the first kick return of the game putting our D in a terrible spot after we started on our 2.

They have a good offense. When our own offense is completely inept it puts a lot on our D.

Lot of people on this board thought Sat just needed a QB and everything would be just fine. He’s below average and he always has been.
I don’t think a lot of people thought that on here.

The stats I provided last season about Satt (that a ton of people read) showed what he was with Rattler. Wasn’t much better.

He is what we thought he was.

But the lack of offensive production allows the OC and players in the other side to play far looser. This has a trickle down effect against your D.

Our special teams didn’t help on the first kick return of the game putting our D in a terrible spot after we started on our 2.

They have a good offense. When our own offense is completely inept it puts a lot on our D.
they didn't have a pick 6

The defense got gashed from the 1st drive on.

FBS rankings :

91th-scoring offense
99th- rushing offense
88th -total offense

This mirrors Satt’s offenses at SC. What in the @&$@ did Rhule see in him to think “this is the guy I want”. Rhule should have been fired the moment he offered the gig to Satt.

This mirrors Satt’s offenses at SC. What in the @&$@ did Rhule see in him to think “this is the guy I want”. Rhule should have been fired the moment he offered the gig to Satt.

I assume it is because they won together at Temple. But the offense still sucked, and they won because of Phil Snow's defense, but that is probably the reasoning.

Reactions: FissionReaction
FBS rankings :

91th-scoring offense
99th- rushing offense
88th -total offense

The OL is the biggest problem we have. Andy Ried cold call plays and with the OL in its current state and the WR not blocking it would not matter.

Now the red zone thing he could do better by 1000% same plays over and over and the timing of runs and passes seem really bad.

Reactions: IowaHuskr
FBS rankings :

91th-scoring offense
99th- rushing offense
88th -total offense

That looks a lot like our special teams numbers.

The average poster up here could coach us to a 100+ ranking in these categories.

I'm not kidding.

this made me laugh

how can anyone take this little guy seriously?

Yeah. Except we can't kick field goals. If it's not shanked, it's blocked.

So Rhule has to choose between his do-nothing special teams coordinator or his do-nothing offensive coordinator.

I think he made the right call, but having even the slightest confidence in either Satterfield or Foley is foolish.

I honestly don't understand why Satterfield was brought here. He has no vision. No offensive philosophy. Does not establish any kind of identity. Nor was he any good at his last stop.

Last edited:
I thought it might be a bit of Dylan being slow and no threat to run the ball, but you know who else was slow, Tom Brady. He just had very special players around him and an elite OL and that led to 7 super bowls. Until we get better in the trenches and skill position players, we will not go anywhere.

Reactions: cornwoman
Offense arguably worse than last year, with coming into this season: a perceived serious upgrade in offensive talent.

Yes, the coaching sucks. Scharterfield would probably screw up Ohio State or Oregon's offense. I'm in no way, shape or form defending him.

That said, the 25 recruiting class doesn't inspire much hope for real improvement. Until they stack 2-3 top 10 classes and get some real good portal players, as the late great Keith Jackson said ...

"THIS, is Nebraska!"

The last 6 or 7 NFL drafts don't lie.

Preacher fhule needs less talk, less pastries and real action. This is a different era of college football and the 3-4 year rebuild doesn't cut it in the landscapes of 12-team playoff fields, unregulated NIL, free agency (no more NLI) and easy transfers with $10M salaries; the time is now.

We aren't giving $ to the 1890 collective for slogans and a skull-fukking in the Massengil Douche Canoe Bowl by Syracuse or directional Sun Belt State.

🌽

He has a lot to answer today in his press conference.. Do we have the media people to ask the tough questions..
No we don't.

Just like Satt can't change who he is. I fully expect him to keep calling plays that aren't working. Hey, here's an idea, if those perimeter passes suck because we consistently don't block it well, stop calling it

To me the worst part is I don't think he can see it based on his comments. This year is just confirming the bad coaching we seen last year.

GSRs.gif

Hmmmm, just saw that the only scoring drive Saturday featured Micah Mazzccua at left tackle. Why not leave him there? Time to let the man play. Do they want to win or not?

FBS rankings :

91th-scoring offense
99th- rushing offense
88th -total offense

Best I can find for 2023

Scoring Offense: 24.3 points per game (84th of 133 teams)
Total Offense: 373.3 yards per game (93rd of 133 teams)
Rushing Offense: 124.1 yards per game (104th of 133 teams)
Passing Offense: 249.2 yards per game (81st of 133 teams)
Passing Efficiency: 124.5 (92nd of 133 teams)

Second verse same as the first... Me thinks me sees a trend here. I gave the benefit of the doubt because of a square peg round hole last year, but that is gone now

Best I can find for 2023

Scoring Offense: 24.3 points per game (84th of 133 teams)
Total Offense: 373.3 yards per game (93rd of 133 teams)
Rushing Offense: 124.1 yards per game (104th of 133 teams)
Passing Offense: 249.2 yards per game (81st of 133 teams)
Passing Efficiency: 124.5 (92nd of 133 teams)

Second verse same as the first... Me thinks me sees a trend here. I gave the benefit of the doubt because of a square peg round hole last year, but that is gone now
We average 176.8 yards per game rushing. Good for 2nd in the conference. It is inexcusable for the rushing game to be where it is today with a recruit like Raoila.

We average 176.8 yards per game rushing. Good for 2nd in the conference. It is inexcusable for the rushing game to be where it is today with a recruit like Raoila.
Satt didn't want to run what worked last year. he complained about it every presser he could

TO and Ron Brown were teaching him Power Football 101

in one ear, out the other

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT