ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Team Stat Rankings

You do that when you are a team that hasn't done anything in a while and you will get a reputation. Word spreads fast with recruits and Nebraska doesn't have a lot to back up their recruiting YET but their word.
Teams do this constantly with minimal repercussions. And it would have been well worth the risk. As we would have landed both McCord and Raiola, AND the stud receiver from Ohio State. And likely paired a potent offense under senior leadership with a top 10 defense. We would have been in playoff contention this year, and all of our recruiting problems would have melted away. Like I said before, I think we only get 3 years out of Raiola, and how much more prepared would he be if he got to take a redshirt year? And then after having a great year with McCord, we would have had 3 more years of Raiola, instead of only two before he enters the draft. That's how things should have turned out. Again, I always know what I'm talking about and I'm always right.

• Haha
Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
He has been the antithesis of fast for the last 3 years.
He was fast as hell as a freshman. And if he wasn't playing fast, that had more to do with mindset than physical ability. Like I said with proper development and mindset, there's no reason Robinson couldn't have been a first round draft pick.

That is too subjective. You have no idea who would have won the job. They currently play in totally different offenses.

Raiola ceiling is way higher as a true freshman than McCord as a 6th year senior.
You don't determine starters based on potential ceiling, you determine them based on who is the better player right now. And right now, that is McCord.

How so - we landed the highest recruit ever at Nebraska. Think it worked just fine.
My way would have worked a hell of a lot better. As we would have landed the highest recruit ever AND be in playoff contention this year with a senior QB and another stud receiver from Ohio State.

Total Defense - 24th
Rushing Defense - 5th
Defensive TDs - T6th
3rd Down perc - T41st
Team Sacks - T8th

Total offense - 58th

Raiola
Completion Percentage - 14th (73%)
Passing Efficiency - 50th (153.1)

Of note
Kyle McCord leads the NCAA in TDs with 8 and is 3rd in yards
Shader Sanders is 5th in passing yards
Just remember. We played 1 terrible team and 1 bad team.

Reactions: leodisflowers
My way would have worked a hell of a lot better. As we would have landed the highest recruit ever AND be in playoff contention this year with a senior QB and another stud receiver from Ohio State.
Yep - I should have known. My bad for thinking HCMR knew how to get it done when he could have followed oldjar07. Who would have been our QB next year?

In terms of Raiola vs. McCord, Raiola is huge legacy recruit and is one of the best, if not the best, prospects to join the program. By all accounts, he is obsessed with improving his game and is setting the standard in terms of knowledge of the playbook and play execution. He has the potential to be a GOAT level player within the program. McCord is a very fine QB that we could have had for one year.
It's isn't a very hard decision at all.

You don't determine starters based on potential ceiling, you determine them based on who is the better player right now. And right now, that is McCord.
You determine which QB you want to have in your program based on potential. Matt Rhule, in year 2, chose to build for the future. As of right now, having Kyle McCord as the QB would not have had one iota of difference in the win total.

Again, right now, I don't know who the better player is, but I would pick Dylan Raiola as QB for Nebraska every time.

You determine which QB you want to have in your program based on potential. Matt Rhule, in year 2, chose to build for the future. As of right now, having Kyle McCord as the QB would not have had one iota of difference in the win total.

Again, right now, I don't know who the better player is, but I would pick Dylan Raiola as QB for Nebraska every time.
Or you get both QBs in and win a lot of games. Both now and in the future. That's my position.

Or you get both QBs in and win a lot of games. Both now and in the future. That's my position.
But you don't keep both. If Raiola wins the job in an open competition McCord leaves. If you promise the job to McCord and tell Raiola that he has a chance to win it, he will find out you lied. He doesn't sign with you. Then you piss off a Husker legend, and you lose respect with every Husker Alum. Not a risk a 2nd year coach, who is trying to establish his culture and get buy in, is going to take.

There is no way you were getting both QBs. So your fantasy position is irrelevant.

But you don't keep both. If Raiola wins the job in an open competition McCord leaves. If you promise the job to McCord and tell Raiola that he has a chance to win it, he will find out you lied. He doesn't sign with you. Then you piss off a Husker legend, and you lose respect with every Husker Alum. Not a risk a 2nd year coach, who is trying to establish his culture and get buy in, is going to take.

There is no way you were getting both QBs. So your fantasy position is irrelevant.
In scenario 1, McCord couldn't leave because he would have already transferred here. In scenario 2, it's not a lie and how would Raiola even find out? You don't tell the whole world what you promise. You only have to make that promise to one guy. We could have and should have gotten both. That is my position.

Also not true, Nash was already emerging, Ty always had the talent, just not the right mindset. Gifford, Hill, and Singleton always had pro level talent. Never said we couldn't be a good defense next year, but I think we undoubtedly take a step back unless we pull studs out of the transfer portal to replace the guys I just mentioned.
Average at best. Singleton had 3 total tackles in 2022. This staff got a bunch of underachieving players to where they are now. No reason to think they can't do the same with other players. It isn't like they didn't have 2 freshman all American players last year....

Even losing the bulk of the oline, the progression of DR and the young group of skill guys could offset any step back the d takes. That is why playing DR now is so important. Other players will be attracted to that. Easy to sell a vision of transferring here when every player in America knows who DR is and what he is doing.

In scenario 1, McCord couldn't leave because he would have already transferred here. In scenario 2, it's not a lie and how would Raiola even find out? You don't tell the whole world what you promise. You only have to make that promise to one guy. We could have and should have gotten both. That is my position.
You don't think the QBs talk? Good God.

McCord could have left after the spring. He is a grad transfer.

Nebraska does not have the luxury to play around with a 5 star QB, especially one that has transferred a ton in high school and committed to multiple schools just to get McCord.

It's a ridiculous idea, and much more of something Frost would have tried(and failed) to do.

we might just find ourselves in playoff contention without syracuse's QB.

should be favored in all but 2 games this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT