ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska MBB -2.5 vs. Maryland

chicolby

All-American
May 3, 2012
The Husker men's basketball team are trying for their 20th win of the season - no small feat considering it's been a long time since a Husker men's hoops team hit 20 wins (even the 13-14 NCAA tourney team won only 19.)

But watch out, because Maryland comes to town with some high caliber athletes and is coming off an impressive 16 point win over surging Northwestern.

Maryland also leads the series since joining the Big Ten 4-1, with 4 of those games being decided by 5 or fewer. This may suggest a good opportunity to take the points in what will likely be a close game.

On the other hand, this is likely Miles' best team he's fielded, so sometimes past performance doesn't matter. The Huskers are currently riding a 5 game winning streak and look to keep their hot streak alive.

Normally, I'd probably take the points in this game, but hard to go against the best team in the country against the spread.

Big game tonight. Hope the early start doesn't hamper the crowd from making a difference.

Go Big Red!

Nebraska matches up extremely well with Maryland. The Terps are a perimeter oriented team that loves to shoot the three. They shoot it well, but this is advantageous for Nebraska because the Huskers defend the three better than any team in the Big Ten.

Maryland also turns the ball over more than any team in the league, while the Husker back court defense is among the best in the league.

- A Perimter oriented team vs. the Huskers 3-pt defense.
- A team that turns the ball over a ton vs the Huskers a team that forces a lot of turnovers and likes to get out in transition after turnovers.
- Less athletic than Nebraska.
- 1-7 on the road vs. a Husker team that's 13-1 at home.

I like Nebraska to come out hot and hitting on all cylinders. Huskers cover easily.

Andrew White is in the NBA now. Not really on-topic, but saw this yesterday

Down to -1 now. Opened @ -3 last night. Think it's a great buy @ -1.

This is the biggest game of the year for NU and Maryland. If the committee were to take 5 B1G teams, it will be the winner of this game (assuming they do well from here on out.) Hope the vault is rocking tonight. This win is a must. Lose and NU is NIT bound.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Down to -1 now. Opened @ -3 last night. Think it's a great buy @ -1.

This is the biggest game of the year for NU and Maryland. If the committee were to take 5 B1G teams, it will be the winner of this game (assuming they do well from here on out.) Hope the vault is rocking tonight. This win is a must. Lose and NU is NIT bound.
I disagree that this game is lose and out. Yes it’s very important but there is still time even if they lose tonight.

Reactions: Lincoln100
I disagree that this game is lose and out. Yes it’s very important but there is still time even if they lose tonight.
If they drop this one, Maryland surpasses us. Forces NU to beat pedo st, and an improved Indiana team at home. Plus Illinois on the road. Don't kid yourself, this game could force them to win out, and make the tourney finals (if they lose)

Gonna be really hard to win out. I too think winning 3 of the last 4 will get us in. In that case it would be great to win at least 1 in Big 10 tourney to ensure a good seed.

No question this is our biggest game left on our schedule by RPI standards.

And if they are going to take 5 B1G teams in the tournament we want the committee to know who the bettter team is by winning this game.

Reactions: spinner4
Even scarletred can figure out this is pretty much a must win

Black Unis again tonight. Was listening to Sports Nightly last night and some guy called the coaches show complaining about them. And here's a shocker..... he was old.

I'd tell the blue hair they could wear Bill Walton tye dye as far as I care, as long as they win.
You could almost hear Molinaris eyes roll. I'm sure all the coaches at Nebraska get sick of the uniform Nazis always talking about how "it used to be done"

You could almost hear Molinaris eyes roll. I'm sure all the coaches at Nebraska get sick of the uniform Nazis always talking about how "it used to be done"

Considering Nebraska has never won a game in the dance, "How it used to be done" are words that probably don't have a whole lot of reason to be said.

Reactions: scarletred
I usually want to see more size on the floor, but if Maryland wants to feed the ball to Fernando to try to take advantage of his size - let them! He's just not very good.

Considering Nebraska has never won a game in the dance, "How it used to be done" are words that probably don't have a whole lot of reason to be said.

Pretty common on the majority of his posts.

I don't really care what the sport is. The alternate unis started under Pope Toms watch in football, as well. The hand wringing about it is laughable.

ive never heard anyone complain about nebraskas basketball uniforms. we dont have history.
love the black and the script

Reactions: Gucci_mAYne420
Palmer absolutely giving Huerter fits on the defensive end. Just hope he stays out of foul trouble, given that Huerter tends to get a lot of favorable whistles.

I don't really care what the sport is. The alternate unis started under Pope Toms watch in football, as well. The hand wringing about it is laughable.

Oh I agree. I didn't hear the interview, but I was poking fun at if anyone were to ever use those words in regards to the uniforms and the basketball program. :)

Looks like they are working on getting Roby in foul trouble and succeeding.

Looks like they are working on getting Roby in foul trouble and succeeding.
Yeah but I don't think dumping it inside is really Maryland's game. If they rely on that most of the night, I like the Huskers' chances.

Yeah but I don't think dumping it inside is really Maryland's game. If they rely on that most of the night, I like the Huskers' chances.

Look's more like the guy receiving the pass and backing in to get a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT