ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska is #1 for 2019 Offers

Clearly shows indecision on the part of the new staff. They are throwing mud at a wall and seeing what sticks. A good staff would offer 25 kids then go get those 25.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I’m curious if the count includes Riley offers combined with Frost offers.

Interesting information but I am more concerned about our ranking after both signing days. Winking

My gut is the Frost Recruiting System is all about numbers, playing the averages, and getting the right types of guys here to fit a system. Development is key. Jucos welcome. I wouldn't be too concerned about stars but filling out a roster. Scott knows how to fill a real Program pipeline with quality guys. GBR

If you look at the others in the top of the list, they are mostly bad teams, or teams with new coaches who are trying to sign a huge class and run off some of the dead weight from losing teams. Each of these offers in theory takes some sort of attention, what happens if 18 of the 299 commit before the season starts, and we had 281 that we liked more? Do we rescind offers? I wouldn't care but I bet recruits, other coaches, and parents would notice. I have a feeling if Bo had done this, people would be at his throat thinking it was based off of laziness, and just hoping to fill the class.

I thought that they didn’t have to offer any players...the players all come running to them offering to play for free at Alabama and Ohio State.
Oh yeah me bad, probably because of age and these cold temperatures. I'm sure the 5 stars are waiting inline for saban and urb they'll take them all

If you look at the others in the top of the list, they are mostly bad teams, or teams with new coaches who are trying to sign a huge class and run off some of the dead weight from losing teams. Each of these offers in theory takes some sort of attention, what happens if 18 of the 299 commit before the season starts, and we had 281 that we liked more? Do we rescind offers? I wouldn't care but I bet recruits, other coaches, and parents would notice. I have a feeling if Bo had done this, people would be at his throat thinking it was based off of laziness, and just hoping to fill the class.
I’m pretty sure 250 of these are contingent offers... no way do we accept numbers 281-299 if they all committed this weekend. We would tell them to wait until we remove he contingency. I would also say the coaches have communicated this as well to the players.

Just my thoughts...

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Probably will see this tempered in the future as I’ve read many times how they are looking for the right fit. Tough to know that many well enough to do that. They have also indicated they need more ‘Dudes’

The top of the list is littered with programs with history and aspirations very non-Nebraska

I’m pretty sure 250 of these are contingent offers... no way do we accept numbers 281-299 if they all committed this weekend. We would tell them to wait until we remove he contingency. I would also say the coaches have communicated this as well to the players.

Just my thoughts...

I don’t know, I heard that we may take 190-250 players in this class.

How can you say that? Georgia and Florida are in that top 10?!?

I'll take a look at it in Feb. Can't be bothered with a bunch of 17 year olds changing their minds for the next year. The coaches get paid very well to deal with this so I dont have to.

Reactions: TFrazier
What's the common theme of 4 out of the top 6? New coaching staffs

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
2019 offers help with 2020, 2021, etc. Relationships gotta start somewhere and you honestly never know who actually is interested in Nebraska or will be. Think about it. There's a top 250. I'd almost hope we'd offer most if not all those. So its not that far off from that.

Reactions: jeans15
Desperation, pathetic.

I'll say goodbye now, because I doubt you'll be around very long. It's pretty easy to figure out that your pic is Iowa's wrestling coach.

And for the record, signing 9 4-star players and finishing 21st in team rankings...while our coaching staff was working two jobs and in Orlando more than they were in Lincoln, isn't desperation and pathetic. It's kicking ass in recruiting. Desperation and pathetic is having a coaching staff in place for 18 years and never coming close to getting a sniff of the Top 25 in team recruiting rankings.

I'm pretty sure Frost and his staff know what they are doing.

Scott Frost has offered that many people? Or Riley offered a bunch and now Frost has offered a completely different set of players? I’d imagine that’s the case more so than Frost throwing offers at anyone and everyone.

Scott Frost has offered that many people? Or Riley offered a bunch and now Frost has offered a completely different set of players? I’d imagine that’s the case more so than Frost throwing offers at anyone and everyone.

I don't think it really matters much, do you? I think Frost and Co. have shown in pretty short order that they know how to recruit. I just wonder how much better the results will be when they start working at it more than just part time. :Cool:

FTR though, I'm pretty sure those are the combined numbers of offers from both Riley and Frost's staff.

Last edited:
I think this has been part of Nebraska's recruiting strategy for a long time. I bet we're in near the top of this list every year. That has certainly been my impression dating back to when Callahan took over.

11 of the top 26 are $EC schools. Seems like within such talent rich areas of the nation, if they are offering a bunch of potential players, maybe schools in other areas should think about it as well.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Fact is NU needs something to wedge itself into kids' minds right now. The most impressive thing Nebraska has going for itself right now is Frost and his staff. They are the only thing a 16-17 year old kid who was born in 2002 knows about Nebraska that will raise their eyebrows.

They need to be in on guys earlier than some of the other schools and start building relationships. They don't have the cache' to sit back and expect dudes' pants to get tight when they hear "University of Nebraska."

Clearly shows indecision on the part of the new staff. They are throwing mud at a wall and seeing what sticks. A good staff would offer 25 kids then go get those 25.
Huskerfan2112 you're full of it. And if those 25 kids say no thanks then what? Husker5

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT