ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska has played Ohio State 7 times this past decade. Iowa has played them twice.

Noone was complaining about the fairness of our schedule against a program like Iowa when we were actually winning games. I guess you all need something to bitch about when we're not winning, but it really is a pathetic look with the non-stop bitching about refs and scheduling and acting like that's why we're in the position we're in.

Not a Jenks fan just a football fan. I just remember y’all couldn’t beat Blankenship’s teams in the playoffs in Dillards jr and sr years.
well, while its fresh in your google search history check again. we had pretty good luck against them when I was there.

As crazy of a state as this is, I don’t like this mentality of “why do we have to play the big dogs” we used to be the big dogs, and we don’t get back unless we play them, granted the confrence schedule should be more balanced but we only “play the big dogs” because we have fallen so far, if we can finally get back to where we want to be then we won’t be saying we only play the big dogs, we need to not be afraid of facing the big boys, and we need to become the big boy again
sure, and the smartest kid in the class should be answering the smartest questions too.

but when one kid has a test full of calculus problems while the other kid has a test full of long division, it seems a little silly to say they could be in the same class.

There will never be "fairness" in football. Not in scheduling, facilities, recruiting or athletic abilities or outcomes. If there is, I'll tune out college football.

Reactions: BigAssTurkeyLeg
sure, and the smartest kid in the class should be answering the smartest questions too.

but when one kid has a test full of calculus problems while the other kid has a test full of long division, it seems a little silly to say they could be in the same class.
Nebraska doesn’t have a test full of calculus questions. In fact they missed a 2 digit addition problem on the first question of the exam.

perfect analogy
and the kids doing long division graduate with a scholarship while the calculus student doesn't if he misses too many questions

Reactions: glaciersx
Noone was complaining about the fairness of our schedule against a program like Iowa when we were actually winning games. I guess you all need something to bitch about when we're not winning, but it really is a pathetic look with the non-stop bitching about refs and scheduling and acting like that's why we're in the position we're in.
this goes back to the Big 12 days

Further from that, when Nebraska plays Ohio State this year, they will have played them as many times in the past decade as Iowa has in the past 20 years.

Nebraska has played Michigan State 7 times the past decade with a record of 4-3 against the Spartans, whereas Iowa has played them 6 times with a record of 2-4. one of those was the CCG, which makes it 5 times and 2-3.

Nebraska also has a winning record against Penn State since joining the B1G at 4-1, whereas Iowa is 2-6 against them in that same time.

why do we get so fukced on having to run the table of the big dogs when Iowa gets thrown these cupcake schedules that allows them to coast into Black Friday unscathed with all the momentum?

for the 4th, maybe 5th best team in the conference to get to prosper like this just seems really odd. Imagine an SEC team that dodged Alabama and Georgia most years getting to poke their chest out about being the best team in the conference.
We have played 3 top team.......blow me refs loss each. Iowa is flavor of month
The glory of this sesaon ride on a bowl game and blowing ickaka away.

There will never be "fairness" in football. Not in scheduling, facilities, recruiting or athletic abilities or outcomes. If there is, I'll tune out college football.
I'll remember this when a 4 loss SEC team is ranked ahead of Iowa at the end of the year

Reactions: headcard

Absolutely, but that’s why I said the confrence should be scheduling a little more fair, meaning keeping a rotation on the crossovers… but the bigger point of my post was trying to say it’s all about perspective, for the smartest kid in the class the calculus questions may be cupcake questions while they’re the gauntlet for the umm not so smart one… the schedule for us is a gauntlet because of our perspective we have been so used to being at the bottom that these penn states and Michigan’s and Ohio states are the gauntlets, but back in the 90s I remember asking for those teams so we could settle the split title… it’s all about perspective the weaker we are, the harder the schedule, the better we are the easier the schedule… it really is a simple concept, but none the less when you’re weaker and you play those teams your hard schedule got harder, when you’re stronger then your easy schedule got a little more difficult… regardless I do still think the confrence needs to be spreading the love with these games, but you wont hear me taking the whoa is me stance, get better and this schedule becomes easier it’s that simple

Absolutely, but that’s why I said the confrence should be scheduling a little more fair, meaning keeping a rotation on the crossovers… but the bigger point of my post was trying to say it’s all about perspective, for the smartest kid in the class the calculus questions may be cupcake questions while they’re the gauntlet for the umm not so smart one… the schedule for us is a gauntlet because of our perspective we have been so used to being at the bottom that these penn states and Michigan’s and Ohio states are the gauntlets, but back in the 90s I remember asking for those teams so we could settle the split title… it’s all about perspective the weaker we are, the harder the schedule, the better we are the easier the schedule… it really is a simple concept, but none the less when you’re weaker and you play those teams your hard schedule got harder, when you’re stronger then your easy schedule got a little more difficult… regardless I do still think the confrence needs to be spreading the love with these games, but you wont hear me taking the whoa is me stance, get better and this schedule becomes easier it’s that simple
I do like your perspective, good post.

the reality is, having 5 of the teams on your schedule being ranked in the top 10 would be a gauntlet for anybody. (I’m shouldnt be including Iowa cuz they’re obviously not a legit top 10 team)

I think Alabama has really messed with everyone’s perspective. Yeah, a top 10 team for them is typically business as usual, but beating legit top 10 teams on a regular basis is hard. Really hard. Like, you need to be the greatest college football dynasty of all-time hard, because Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Notre Dame cant even achieve that.

and as much as I relish the glory of the 90s, I’m at peace with the fact that’ll never happen again. some conference championships and wins over good teams are really all I hope to ever have.

We’re a giant that broke both its legs a few decades ago. they seem to be healing now, and Everytime we go to stretch them so we can stand again, it’s like kicked in the face by another giant.

it’s immensely difficult to build any sense of momentum with this years schedule, so I really hope that we make the smart decision that is keeping Frost, because the next few years look like we could really get the ball rolling in a big way.

I don’t never want to play good teams again. Frankly, I feel like the B1G has been trying to fukc us ever since we joined the conference, and the stat I based this thread on was just my way of conveying such.

I do like your perspective, good post.

the reality is, having 5 of the teams on your schedule being ranked in the top 10 would be a gauntlet for anybody. (I’m shouldnt be including Iowa cuz they’re obviously not a legit top 10 team)

I think Alabama has really messed with everyone’s perspective. Yeah, a top 10 team for them is typically business as usual, but beating legit top 10 teams on a regular basis is hard. Really hard. Like, you need to be the greatest college football dynasty of all-time hard, because Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Notre Dame cant even achieve that.

and as much as I relish the glory of the 90s, I’m at peace with the fact that’ll never happen again. some conference championships and wins over good teams are really all I hope to ever have.

We’re a giant that broke both its legs a few decades ago. they seem to be healing now, and Everytime we go to stretch them so we can stand again, it’s like kicked in the face by another giant.

it’s immensely difficult to build any sense of momentum with this years schedule, so I really hope that we make the smart decision that is keeping Frost, because the next few years look like we could really get the ball rolling in a big way.

I don’t never want to play good teams again. Frankly, I feel like the B1G has been trying to fukc us ever since we joined the conference, and the stat I based this thread on was just my way of conveying such.
I agree, especially about keeping frost.

I found it interesting a certain ohio state fan has been critical about frost's and mich's coach performance.
suggesting they be let go...lol.....I'm sure ohio state fan wants NU and mich to have a 4 year coaching carousel, for eternity...

Further from that, when Nebraska plays Ohio State this year, they will have played them as many times in the past decade as Iowa has in the past 20 years.

Nebraska has played Michigan State 7 times the past decade with a record of 4-3 against the Spartans, whereas Iowa has played them 6 times with a record of 2-4. one of those was the CCG, which makes it 5 times and 2-3.

Nebraska also has a winning record against Penn State since joining the B1G at 4-1, whereas Iowa is 2-6 against them in that same time.

why do we get so fukced on having to run the table of the big dogs when Iowa gets thrown these cupcake schedules that allows them to coast into Black Friday unscathed with all the momentum?

for the 4th, maybe 5th best team in the conference to get to prosper like this just seems really odd. Imagine an SEC team that dodged Alabama and Georgia most years getting to poke their chest out about being the best team in the conference.
The comical imbalance of East/west is the only thing ‘unfair’

East teams play the best team in the league every year. We play in arguably the worst division in all of P5. We are very lucky in that regard.

The comical imbalance of East/west is the only thing ‘unfair’

East teams play the best team in the league every year. We play in arguably the worst division in all of P5. We are very lucky in that regard.

East has 3 blue bloods in the division and the West has one..

Wisconsin since we joined the conference is the 2nd best team in the conference..

Ioway been pretty consistent as well
And Michigan St for the most part been very consistent too..

Unfortunately Nebraska has it’s worst era of football in 60 years these past 6/7 years…

Someday when Nebraska beats its West Division opponents but gets hosed out of the division title because of lopsided schedules, I'll get upset about this.

Someday.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Well after today, y’all still feel like getting beat up by the top 10 while the other teams rest up on easy schedules and bye weeks?

cuz I didn’t have a lot of fun.

Imagine being a mich st fan reading this

The only scheduling imbalance in the b1g is that the East occasionally has 2 good teams and the west has never had 1.

That's because the Ohio State and Nebraska match up draws television viewers. Who wants to watch Iowa?
What ever happened to If You Want To Be The Best You Have To Beat The Best?

I turned in my season tickets years ago due to the crappy pre-season schedules NU played. Playing OSU, Michigan etc. is OK with me.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT