ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska -7.5 @ Maryland

Lol. Classic early line movement. We've covered once this year so the trend betters are all-in, making $$$ all year long.

Reactions: CatColumbia
How bad is Maryland? Are they the worst team on our schedule?

Possibly are, they have a worse defense and our offense appears to be a little better. Only down fall is it’s in Maryland instead of Nebraska. But if we play like we did this last Saturday, we should hand Maryland a 7-10 point lose. Maryland will struggle to stop our offense and we will have issues at times and stop them at times on defense. I honestly don’t care if we win by 1 point or blow them out by 30 points. Just get that win number 5...then we move onto Iowa and work on getting win number 6 in Lincoln. GBR ;)

Last edited:
They've got good speed and we play like crap on the road. If we win, it will be a close one.

There is no IF we win, we won’t lose this game. Before you even say it, yes we could come out and play like crap but the fire we brought into the Wisconsin game...I don’t see that disappearing and if we play like that, Maryland won’t win.

Reactions: BleedRed78
There is no IF we win, we won’t lose this game. Before you even say it, yes we could come out and play like crap but the fire we brought into the Wisconsin game...I don’t see that disappearing and if we play like that, Maryland won’t win.

I think we win, but I'd say I'm about 60/40 on that. I could also see us getting boat raced if we start badly.

Maryland averages 28 points and gives up 34.3 points per game. They have also average 350 yards of offense while giving up 442.9 yards per game.

Their starting QB: Justin Jackson is going for 83-169 (49.5 completion percentage) and has rushed 38 times for -70 yards (-1.8 per carry).

Or T. Pigrome (Maryland other QB) has gone for 65-110 (59%) for 684 yards 3 TDs and 6 INTs. Rushed for 42 times for 149 yards (3.5 per carry)

I get it, we have struggled at times and played decent to well at times. I think Frost has the boys playing with fire now (the Wisconsin game was obvious) because they know it’s make or break it time on a bowl game. So unless our Huskers suddenly fall apart by Saturday, I don’t see a struggling Maryland team that has some speed beating us. But like you, I’d feel a little better if this game was in Lincoln and not Maryland.

Last edited:
Maryland averages 28 points and gives up 34.3 points per game. They have also average 350 yards of offense while giving up 442.9 yards per game.

Their starting QB: Justin Jackson is going for 83-169 (49.5 completion percentage) and has rushed 38 times for -70 yards (-1.8 per carry).

Or T. Pigrome (Maryland other QB) has gone for 65-110 (59%) for 684 yards 3 TDs and 6 INTs. Rushed for 42 times for 149 yards (3.5 per carry)

I get it, we have struggled at times and played decent to well at times. I think Frost has the boys playing with fire now (the Wisconsin game was obvious) because they know it’s make or break it time on a bowl game. So unless our Huskers suddenly fall apart by Saturday, I don’t see a struggling Maryland team that has some speed beating us. But like you, I’d feel a little better if this game was in Lincoln and not Maryland.

Make or break time? It hasn’t been that for the last few weeks? As it has been all year, save the OSU game, if we play well, we win. It isn’t up to Maryland, it’s up to us. If we shat ourselves ala Purdue and CU and Indiana, a decent chance we lose. If we play well, we win fairly easily. All we have to do is not suck.

Make or break time? It hasn’t been that for the last few weeks? As it has been all year, save the OSU game, if we play well, we win. It isn’t up to Maryland, it’s up to us. If we shat ourselves ala Purdue and CU and Indiana, a decent chance we lose. If we play well, we win fairly easily. All we have to do is not suck.

yes bro, it’s been that way all year, agreed. But they have no choice now, win out or stay home. That will bring a big time fire to players if used right. Sure, we could get lucky like that one year under Riley and sneak in at 5-7, personally I’d rather get that 6th win.

We had enough talent to have won most of our games. We had no business losing to Purdue, Indiana, or Colorado yet we lost. We also should have blown out South Alabama whose 1-9 this year yet we almost lost.

Are we more talented than Maryland? EASILY
Will we win Saturday? DOUBTFUL

We had enough talent to have won most of our games. We had no business losing to Purdue, Indiana, or Colorado yet we lost. We also should have blown out South Alabama whose 1-9 this year yet we almost lost.

Are we more talented than Maryland? EASILY
Will we win Saturday? DOUBTFUL
That is pretty over dramatic and not completely accurate. But I am also nervous about this game.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I guess it just depends of if Nebraska wants win. that is really what it boils down to in this one.

We are pretty bad. Not awful yet. If we can’t beat these guys then I have zero faith in Frost. But I don’t see that happening.

agreed, there are definitely worse then us. It’s one of the few teams we play this year that are worse then us. We should win this game easily, it’s just a matter of which Husker team shows up?

If we can lose the Purdue game, we can lose this one. We’re a decent way from thinking we should be wining anything comfortably.

lol Purdue beat Maryland 40-14. Purdues QB threw for over 420 yards and 3 TDs and had 80.5 % completions against Marylands defense...but I get your point. If we play like we did against Wisconsin, we will not lose this game.

Last edited:
lol Purdue beat Maryland 40-14. Purdues QB threw for over 420 yards and 3 TDs and had 80.5 % completions against Marylands defense...but I get your point. If we play like we did against Wisconsin, we will not lose this game.

laugh my hairy pickle off, Purdue blows. They’re so bad that we’re a whopping 5 1/2 point favorite. We had zero reason to lose the P game, yet found a way. As I said before, as long as we don’t suck, we win, but we seem to find creative ways to let crappy teams hang around until we just roll over and die.

laugh my hairy pickle off, Purdue blows. They’re so bad that we’re a whopping 5 1/2 point favorite. We had zero reason to lose the P game, yet found a way. As I said before, as long as we don’t suck, we win, but we seem to find creative ways to let crappy teams hang around until we just roll over and die.

right and Purdue blew out Maryland 40-14. Their QB had a MONSTER day against their weak ass defense. As bad as Purdue is...they blew Maryland out...that’s how bad the Terps are. It’s like you’re not getting this. You’re using Purdue as a reason why we will lose to Maryland and how bad Purdue was and is and Purdue blew out Maryland 40-14. So naturally, that usually means Maryland is worse then both Nebraska and Purdue.

right and Purdue blew out Maryland 40-14. Their QB had a MONSTER day against their weak ass defense. As bad as Purdue is...they blew Maryland out...that’s how bad the Terps are. It’s like you’re not getting this. You’re using Purdue as a reason why we will lose to Maryland and how bad Purdue was and is and Purdue blew out Maryland 40-14. So naturally, that usually means Maryland is worse then both Nebraska and Purdue.

Someone isn’t getting it, that’s for sure

Someone isn’t getting it, that’s for sure

Wow...are you drunk? I’m fine my man. Purdue BEAT Maryland 40-14. If Purdue was that bad, Maryland would have won and blew them out. But that’s not the case...so again, who’s not getting it??? Simply put, Purdue is better then Maryland. Not the other way around. Hell Purdue put up dam near 560 total yards of offense against Maryland and their defense.

I am expecting a WIN. I will be at the game screaming and cheering.

I would like to go to a bowl game and cheer for our team. The team needs to win because I cannot endure a whole off season of morbid introspection and doubt. Win please.

Nice, give those Terps hell lol

A bowl appearance would do wonders for this program and fanbase. Would be a major step in the right direction and would help recruiting tremendously. The extra practices are crucial as well.

Nice, give those Terps hell lol

A bowl appearance would do wonders for this program and fanbase. Would be a major step in the right direction and would help recruiting tremendously. The extra practices are crucial as well.

that’s for dam sure. I’m hoping and praying Frost got this team flipped like he did last year. We came out with a different type of fire then we had all season against Wisconsin. Man I hope we keep that and build on it and if so...we have a fighting chance to get those 6 wins. Crossing my fingers bro...

Reactions: headcard
Our ability to screw things up is epic and we are a terrible road team. We shouldn’t lose, but we shouldn’t have lost to Indiana or Purdue. It won’t surprise me if we find a way to drop this one also.

Reactions: CatColumbia

Purdue's 3rd string walk on looked like Joe Montana against us.

Reactions: jeans15
Wow...are you drunk? I’m fine my man. Purdue BEAT Maryland 40-14. If Purdue was that bad, Maryland would have won and blew them out. But that’s not the case...so again, who’s not getting it??? Simply put, Purdue is better then Maryland. Not the other way around. Hell Purdue put up dam near 560 total yards of offense against Maryland and their defense.
Go get rich from Vegas if you’re so sure. I too feel that Nebraska should win but, I was sure they would win against Purdue. Nebraska’s defense will keep Maryland in it. That’s why Vegas has it at -5 and O/U 64. I’m staying away from this game, especially with Nebraska’s road woes.

I don't blame anyone for betting against Nebraska as a favorite on the road. It seems ludicrous.

But Maryland is a mess right now. They are beat up much worse than the Huskers. Their offensive line and receivers were recruited for a power scheme. The linemen can't pass block and their receivers are like Nebraska's minus Spielman and Robinson.

The scheme change really hampered their running game which was a staple with some talented runners. Now teams just load the box because they aren't scared of their receivers.

Defensively, Maryland has the worst secondary in the conference. Teams are completing almost 70% of their passes vs. The terps. UM has no pass rush, and their defense has been hit hard with injuries.

Also consider Maryland had the luxury of playing Rutgers this season. That RU team is potentially the worst Big Ten team of the modern era. That's the only thing keeping them from losing 8 straight.

But..Maryland will have better special teams play... yuck.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I am expecting a WIN. I will be at the game screaming and cheering.

I would like to go to a bowl game and cheer for our team. The team needs to win because I cannot endure a whole off season of morbid introspection and doubt. Win please.

I will be at the game as well with my wife. Hopefully the boys won't go full CLOWN on us and pull out a W.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT