ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA denying waivers

I'm not sure how to feel about this but i'm leaning towards 51% of me agrees with the NCAA. Kids choose a college out of high school...then get one do over...now they want a third opportunity to change schools?

...make that 99% of me agrees with the NCAA on this.
but it's perfectly fine when coaches/schools change schools/conferences on a whim to chase more money

what a joke

players should be able to do whatever they want, just like coaches/admins/schools get to

I typed a reply thinking this was for kids changing schools for the third time then realized that may be incorrect?? So I deleted it casue I may not underatand the sitch.

I typed a reply thinking this was for kids changing schools for the third time then realized that may be incorrect?? So I deleted it casue I may not underatand the sitch.
if you're against kids changing schools you hate the United States

perhaps college football in china would better suit you

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
but it's perfectly fine when coaches/schools change schools/conferences on a whim to chase more money

what a joke

players should be able to do whatever they want, just like coaches/admins/schools get to

Disagree 1000%...and show me a school or head coach that changes schools or conferences 3 times in 5 years.

Disagree 1000%...and show me a school or head coach that changes schools or conferences 3 times in 5 years.
there were more coaching changes in 2023 than any year in the history of college football

2024 will be the same

putting restrictions on players that don't exist for coaches/admins is idiotic and anti-American

there were more coaching changes in 2023 than any year in the history of college football

I'll take your word for it...were any of them head coaches? 3 times in 5 years? Coordinators I get, don't love it but I get it.

I guess i'm a little old fashioned and believe college is where you start the real world and making it so easy to quit multiple times does more harm than good to the kid long term.

I'll take your word for it...were any of them head coaches? 3 times in 5 years? Coordinators I get, don't love it but I get it.

I guess i'm a little old fashioned and believe college is where you start the real world and making it so easy to quit multiple times does more harm than good to the kid long term.
thinking transferring is synonymous with quitting is a misunderstanding at a very foundational level

fastest way to earn more money? rise up the ladder? manage more people?

change companies

• Love
Reactions: SuperBigFan
thinking transferring is synonymous with quitting is a misunderstanding at a very foundational level

change companies

If a kid can't stick it out after two attempts, then yes, I think that is a red flag against him and he starts to look like a quitter who bolts when it doesn't go his way....and if HR looks at aresume and see's that somebody has changed jobs 3 times in 4 or 5 years....and it's a good job that pays the bills that attracts quality people, do you think that will help or hurt their chances that they've changed their mind so much?

Reactions: wkato
If a kid can't stick it out after two attempts, then yes, I thi k that is a red flag against him and he starts to look like a quitter who bolts when it doesn't go his way....and if HR looks at aresume and see's that somebody has changed jobs 3 times in 4 or 5 years....and it's a good job that pays the bills that attracts quality people, do you think that will help or hurt their chances that they've changed fheir mind so much?
not if he's a good candidate who can succinctly and clearly explain his decisions

Reactions: HankMoody78

change companies
Just had this conversation the other day and it is 100% true.

It is sad (sort of, if you are emotional) to think how many kids were stuck in a situation they hated because of how insane the transfer rules were in the past.

I can't imagine thinking that is okay, that it is okay to tell a 19 year old that he/she is basically stuck in a crappy situation and if they do want to leave, they have to sit out a year.

And it is not "quitting" it is trying to improve his/her chances/life.

Just had this conversation the other day and it is 100% true.

It is sad (sort of, if you are emotional) to think how many kids were stuck in a situation they hated because of how insane the transfer rules were in the past.

I can't imagine thinking that is okay, that it is okay to tell a 19 year old that he/she is basically stuck in a crappy situation and if they do want to leave, they have to sit out a year.

And it is not "quitting" it is trying to improve his/her chances/life.
a kid who has a good year and is not trying to parlay it into as much money as possible is not noble, old school, whatever

he is a fool

• Love
If a kid can't stick it out after two attempts, then yes, I think that is a red flag against him and he starts to look like a quitter who bolts when it doesn't go his way....and if HR looks at aresume and see's that somebody has changed jobs 3 times in 4 or 5 years....and it's a good job that pays the bills that attracts quality people, do you think that will help or hurt their chances that they've changed their mind so much?
Those days are long gone. The "gap in your resume" and/or "you sure moved around a lot"

Not things anymore.

And face it...everyone that does hiring knows that the second you hire someone, that person is already looking to see what other jobs are out there.

Oh especially now, with NIL.

You have to take advantage of that.
don't hate the player, hate the game

it's really sad to see so many people here gleefully expounding on their love of rules/regulations over freedom

the NCAA hates student-athletes despite printing money off their hard work for 100 years

disgusting organization. everyone involved should be on the next mini-sub to the Titanic

He had two opportunities to be closer to the people he proclaims to love so much....and chose against it, twice.

Don't love the decision by the NCAA here, but he had multiple chances that were in his contdol before it gpt to this point.

The NCAA is denying waivers for 2-time transfers. I saw that article and immediately thought it was bad news for Gilbert. I expect these waivers are judged on a case-by-case basis but it's certainly not a good sign for Gilbert or NU.

Reactions: Redblood23
He had two opportunities to be closer to the people he proclaims to love so much....and chose against it, twice.

Don't love the decision by the NCAA here, but he had multiple chances that were in his contdol before it gpt to this point.
Different kid

Not sure if this one going from Kent St to UNC already transferred once before

Not that it should matter one iota

The NCAA is denying waivers for 2-time transfers. I saw that article and immediately thought it was bad news for Gilbert. I expect these waivers are judged on a case-by-case basis but it's certainly not a good sign for Gilbert or NU.
Is Gilbert in shape? Looked awful in the spring.

Reactions: WHCSC
the NCAA hates student-athletes despite printing money off their hard work for 100 years

disgusting organization. everyone involved should be on the next mini-sub to the Titanic

Ha, he’s crying about his grandma so much… the he should have thought about that when he left in the first place.
We all know these stories are pretty much bullshit. Frankly, who cares. He’s sniveling about granmama.. well, you are close by now so what’s the problem?

Oh, because now it’s about eligibility…

They can all fvck off. I would love to see my employer when I told them my mother is old and lives in Bali and I demand to be an international remote worker…. They would tell me to fvck off

Ha, he’s crying about his grandma so much… the he should have thought about that when he left in the first place.
We all know these stories are pretty much bullshit. Frankly, who cares. He’s sniveling about granmama.. well, you are close by now so what’s the problem?

Oh, because now it’s about eligibility…

They can all fvck off. I would love to see my employer when I told them my mother is old and lives in Bali and I demand to be an international remote worker…. They would tell me to fvck off
unlike your example, where you can absolutely transfer to a company that either is in Bali or allows remote work from there, your employer cannot bar you from plying your trade altogether

if they attempted to take away your ability to work in your field, my guess is you'd sue (as you should) and win (also as you should)

• Love
who cares

Rhule should play Gilbert (assuming he can even work his way onto the field) regardless of what the toothless NCAA has to say

what're they gonna do? fine him?

that's what the media money is for
Other schools have done far worse. Vacate wins? So what. Only going up. Play him

Reactions: king_kong_
If I understand the waiver denial correctly...said player can still transfer and play...they just have to sit a year first....so nothing keeping the kid from being near what he thinks he needs to be near to. Scholly. Feels like a win win unless I misunderstand the rule.

Gilbert needs to call them on their bluff. NCAA has as much power as a fly on a mule's ass.

If the NCAA wants to play War, then he could easily put Georgia and ultimately the whole SEC on blast.

Channing Tatum Lol GIF by SMALLFOOT Movie

Personally from what I saw in the scrimmage I’m not getting my boxers in a wad over him getting eligible
Nah I want him to have an opportunity. Maybe it was nerves, maybe it was rust or maybe he sucks. But he has elite athleticism. I hope we get to find out what he can do. I'm not gonna judge based off one televised practice.

Maybe I missed it but the article didn’t talk about what their former coaches had to say about the kid. That plays a big part in it

From my understanding one of the best things going for us with Gilbert is Kirby Smart supports his transfer. Everyone thinks he needed a change of atmosphere. Lincoln is a great place for kids that need a change

Nah I want him to have an opportunity. Maybe it was nerves, maybe it was rust or maybe he sucks. But he has elite athleticism. I hope we get to find out what he can do. I'm not gonna judge based off one televised practice.
Based on the photo I saw a couple days ago it also looked like he dropped significant weight. I personally would love to see him and Fidone on the field at the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT