ADVERTISEMENT

nascar 600

F1 is much better. I never thought I would like racing until I got into f1. It’s awesome and has been a good escape from the Huskers being so awful.
Why? Must be a fan of of the Netflix show because the racing absolutely sucks.

it's the only thing i watch that sends my heart racing and my breathing faster. dosen't seem possible
NASCAR has ruined their sport. The new car is shit. The teams can't even make anything but minor changes on the car once it's unloaded at the track. It's become glorified sports entertainment. For those of you in Nebraska interested in seeing some real racing, go catch Kyle Larson in a 410 @ Eagle Raceway on June 6th. You'll see real men with cojones muy grandes, And you'll be able to see one of the most talented racers of all time.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Why? Must be a fan of of the Netflix show because the racing absolutely sucks.
Qualifying is amazing - they are actually on circuits that have multiple turns and each turn has the thinnest of margins. There is racing up and down the grid for points, each place means something. The engineering and teamwork needed to be competitive is second to none.

The fact that they race across the globe and transport their team and cars across time zones every week or two is a logistical marvel.

True the DTS series got me into it but the racing makes the show irrelevant. It’s an exciting sport where the battles in the midfield are just as exciting as the battles at the front.

A couple of YouTube searches:
Max Verstappen Qualifying lap Monaco 2023

Final lap Abu Dhabi 2021

Intense stuff and shows the skill to put it on the limit.

In an earlier post I said F1 was better. I can’t fully say that as I don’t have knowledge of NASCAR and am ignorant to the nuances of the sport. To each his own.

Reactions: Lars72
Got into Nascar a loooong time ago so i've seen all the classic greats...Dale, Waltrip, Elliot, Wallace, Stewart, Gordo...and everyone in between...it used to be can't miss TV...then Nascar got away from what mafe them so great and I moved on. Once and a while I try to watch if I happen to stumble across...but it sucks now....and the Bubba Smollet incident just reinforced my thoughts on it. I now get why people make so much fun of it. RIP Nascar.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT