ADVERTISEMENT

Name True Frosh Starting QBs…

I'll butcher the spelling and don't care enough to fact check it and get it right but there was this one guy who couldn't throw a lick and once remarked "passing is only good for pre game warm up" and he ran this weird offense nobody could stop and they called it the wishbone....

Jameile Hollaway. Legendary freshman season at....cough cough, vomit, burp...OU

Sooner magic baby. Gawd they ripped my heart out so many times.

With solid winning first years:

Phillip Rivers
I think it's a little different at Nebraska this year given that the two freshmen are early enrollees getting in a full Spring of practice and that the Spring is specifically designed to give them the maximum reps. They also seem to have a decent OL and emerging WR talent to surround them. But of course we'll see, only real game performance will tell the story.

Peyton Manning took over in Game 5 of his true freshman season.

I remember the crazy Heisman talk after the first season. Ha, the only problem is that was his best season and it was more downhill after that.
After his first year? He’ll, a lot of goofballs were saying Heisman after his first game.

Hindsight is 20-20 , AMs First year was very comparable to Joe’s at LSU .and Joe had better players around him.
Well yes but any time that kind of talent says I want to come to Nebraska you say yes.

The good thing is Frost never had a chance to screw up Burrow like everything else he touched.

Well yes but any time that kind of talent says I want to come to Nebraska you say yes.

The good thing is Frost never had a chance to screw up Burrow like everything else he touched.
Frost was too concerned with harming his QBs (AM) psyche with bringing in competition or was worried to lose him, was also too lazy to want to work hard at recruiting another QB.

Some of the qbz' mentioned did not run the offense well.
Bernie Kosar and Jamele Holieway won nc' s as frosh.

I think it's a little different at Nebraska this year given that the two freshmen are early enrollees getting in a full Spring of practice and that the Spring is specifically designed to give them the maximum reps. They also seem to have a decent OL and emerging WR talent to surround them. But of course we'll see, only real game performance will tell the story.
Not to mention, a dedicated QB coach. I expect all our QBs to make a big jump.

Reactions: Ki11ersker45
Was RG3 true Frosh starter at Baylor?

I think we beat him here in Lincoln that year but it wasn’t easy.

Vince young

Toa - the Alabama QB that came in at halftime of the national championship game and brought bama from behind to win.

Helu.....goodbye was against Missouri when he set the single game rushing record of 308 or something like that.

edit: I was wrong yet again, lol..
Both games were when we had star players.

Also game Taylor got hurt.

Gabbert got beaten up, and likely was concussed and allowed to keep playing.

Quite the game.

Last edited:
Well, I stand corrected, I guess. Makes Frost look even dumber.
Look Frost is guilty of a lot of dumb decisions. But picking AM over A backup QB that took basically took no meaningful snaps in 3 years at OSU is far down the list. Considering AM was a Freshman AA and had just as good of Stats as Joe did. Again Hindsight is easy.

• Haha
Reactions: IM4NUalways
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT