ADVERTISEMENT

Name True Frosh Starting QBs…

Look Frost is guilty of a lot of dumb decisions. But picking AM over A backup QB that took basically took no meaningful snaps in 3 years at OSU is far down the list. Considering AM was a Freshman AA and had just as good of Stats as Joe did. Again Hindsight is easy.
Why not both?

Why not both?
Because Joe wanted a guaranteed starter , He said in his exit interview I am not sitting the Bench anymore. I am assuming Frost and other schools were turned off by a career back being so brash. Obviously it turned out great for Joe . I seriously doubt with the coaching he would have got at Nebraska it would have turned out the same.

Look Frost is guilty of a lot of dumb decisions. But picking AM over A backup QB that took basically took no meaningful snaps in 3 years at OSU is far down the list. Considering AM was a Freshman AA and had just as good of Stats as Joe did. Again Hindsight is easy.
Frost could not see talent if it was guaranteed in front of his face. He was too lazy to go get it

Unpopular but Adrian Martinez was pretty damn solid as a freshman
It’s not unpopular, it’s just wrong.

The OP question was “True Freshman QBs With solid winning first years”

AM lost his first 6 games and finished the season 4-8. I know it’s been a long time since we’ve had a winning season but 4-8 isn’t “solid winning”.

Did he sure promise the first year? Sure. Was he exciting? Yep. Did he have a “winning record”. No, the team was 4-8. That’s not something you can debate. It’s measurable

Reactions: Mack In Motion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT