ADVERTISEMENT

My gawd... Nebraska in Arkansas regional.

Why are central Connecticut and LSU playing in the Oregon regional?
As I’ve tried to explain, there are 48 teams that have to travel to play. Some will have to fly, but when they can reduce expense and pay for a drive instead of a flight, they will. There are also considerations like teams from the same conference not playing in the same regional.
In your example Connecticut will fly regardless. There isn’t a regional that could accommodate LSU driving except Rustin, but Alabama is there.

I get it, it sucks, But complaining about it isn’t changing it this year. Look at the regionals. TCU regional has TCU, DBU, McNeese St all within 400 miles. Oregon St is the only team they pay to fly. I believe all of the teams going to Knoxville and Nashville regionals are within 400 miles. It is what it is.

• Sad
Reactions: scarletred
Watched the Hogs play in person. 11,000 people in stands against Florida on a Thursday night. They crushed them. A lot like Nebraska vs Florida in the 96 Fiesta bowl.
To make myself feel better. Nebraska packed ~9,000 in Hawks and lost to Manhattan and USF in 06. DVH wouldn’t let that happen though

T
Michigan baseball coach’s comments today, talking about playing conference only games:

“I feel this way about softball, and I feel this way about baseball – the Big Ten, we did this to ourselves,” he told reporters on Monday afternoon. “I wouldn’t have blamed the selection committee if we were not included.”

It will be a shame if Warren keeps his job
Several other b1g spring sports has conference tournaments.

Last edited:
As of now Maryland is the best team Nebraska has played and I’m sure Northeastern hasn’t played anyone better than the Terps..

Nebraska deserved to be playing in South Bend! No and if’s or buts.

Put Oklahoma St in Fayetteville a lot closer than Lincoln...

See how hard that was.. Nebraska deserves better winning the conference, the pokes didn’t..
Thanks for bringing up Maryland. All the teams going to ECU are within 400 miles. Weird how that works??

Why is there a need for a conference tournament? The teams all played each other all freaking season long.
I get your question. Hey it worked out and we won but the pod thing was messed up. Out of 40 some games we played 14 in Lincoln before last series. I'm just throwing more logs on the fire that the conference screwed up. Other sports did too but still had conference tournament. Would have been big crowd in Omaha. Probably why they didn't have it so other wouldn't feel bad their state lockdown is dumb

I get your question. Hey it worked out and we won but the pod thing was messed up. Out of 40 some games we played 14 in Lincoln before last series. I'm just throwing more logs on the fire that the conference screwed up. Other sports did too but still had conference tournament. Would have been big crowd in Omaha. Probably why they didn't have it so other wouldn't feel bad their state lockdown is dumb
Why is it ok for the Big Ten to play in the NCAA tournaments at all . If the risk of Covid is so great that non conference competition is out the door, shouldn’t they have excused themselves from those tournaments as well? The hypocrisy and inconsistency is palpable

Why is it ok for the Big Ten to play in the NCAA tournaments at all . If the risk of Covid is so great that non conference competition is out the door, shouldn’t they have excused themselves from those tournaments as well? The hypocrisy and inconsistency is palpable
As I have said for over a year,Kevin Warren and Barry Alvarez are self serving hypocrites. They have ruined this conference.

Exactly. OH the horror

We made fun of this dipshit conference for decades. Nothing has changed other than we're now part of it.
This unfortunately is the reality post of the past century and this one. Outside of the$$$$ which is great and long term for the best interest financially if UNL. Politically and other issues the b1g sucks and we haven't helped but we sure have their attention because they crap on us like corn going through a goose

Okay, a want a be jlb . Fits perfectly..

Why is there a need for a conference tournament? The teams all played each other all freaking season long.

No there was a need for at least mid week games that would have boosted the BS RPI which didn’t matter when Michigan gets a better seed with. 88 RPI..

Okay, a want a be jlb . Fits perfectly..
That is the best you have? I have responded to every single post of yours with a rational answer and you respond to me with this lame ass, weak response? I have to believe it is because you can’t honestly respond to the post with anything that makes sense. So you throw out some pitiful attempt at an insult.

No there was a need for at least mid week games that would have boosted the BS RPI which didn’t matter when Michigan gets a better seed with. 88 RPI..
Michigan is a 3 seed Nebraska a 2 seed. 2 is better than 3 when it comes to seeding. So...........ehhhhhh try again

edit- my biggest issue with your position is that these same “rules” have been in effect for decades.

Literally it has always been this way.
But because Nebraska won the Big Ten championship now all of a sudden it’s a travesty. Have you only followed the Ncaa Baseball tournament since 2021?

You either need to be just ****ing with me or you are the most clueless poster in the world. I hope you are just ****ing with me.

Last edited:
We made fun of this dipshit conference for decades. Nothing has changed other than we're now part of it.
Oh my god, all we did was make fun of the constant 11am starts, the empty stadiums of NW vs IL at 11am, where there was not even a lead in to the game, it just went from Game Day to the kickoff..

That is the best you have? I have responded to every single post of yours with a rational answer and you respond to me with this lame ass, weak response? I have to believe it is because you can’t honestly respond to the post with anything that makes sense. So you throw out some pitiful attempt at an insult.
Really for Some one who always comes to his defense. You know damn well Nebraska didn’t deserve the seed in Fayetteville region after winning the conference a week in advance. You claim about being closer for a regional well South Bend was the logical choice..

And you know it, no way does a conference foe get a better regional than the team they beat and won the conference..

Really for Some one who always comes to his defense. You know damn well Nebraska didn’t deserve the seed in Fayetteville region after winning the conference a week in advance. You claim about being closer for a regional well South Bend was the logical choice..

And you know it, no way does a conference foe get a better regional than the team they beat and won the conference..
For the one zillionth time, this is how it is always done. Every year. The same thing.

read my posts and learn how the ncaa selections work for non revenue generating sports. It isn’t rocket science. There are at least 5 of the 16 regionals where there are no teams the NCAA has to fly in. It isn’t because it just worked out that way.

I’m done. You are so far up your own ass I can see your forehead when you smile

For the one zillionth time, this is how it is always done. Every year. The same thing.

read my posts and learn how the ncaa selections work for non revenue generating sports. It isn’t rocket science. There are at least 5 of the 16 regionals where there are no teams the NCAA has to fly in. It isn’t because it just worked out that way.

I’m done. You are so far up your own ass I can see your forehead when you smile
Good can I fart on you.🤨

Really Boxes? Don’t encourage this, he will just keep it up.

pQZ6QaY.png

Again clueless, your head is up your own ass. You would be shitting on yourself.

however after reading your posts and your inability to comprehend simple concepts, I should be surprised why you thought it wasn’t your head up your ass.
Simple conceptes tell me you don’t appreciate what Nebraska has accomplished and what they achieved not being able to play non conference games..

Simple conceptes tell me you don’t appreciate what Nebraska has accomplished and what they achieved not being able to play non conference games..
FFS it has absolutely nothing to do with what you or I believe Nebraska accomplished. The system is what the system is. That’s it. Nothing more.

Reactions: bigboxes
As a coach, I HATE the concept of “ oh well, you have to beat them sometime!” ....that takes away from the luster of the event... better teams should get a better draw

FFS it has absolutely nothing to do with what you or I believe Nebraska accomplished. The system is what the system is. That’s it. Nothing more.
The system is f’up when a conference foe gets a better regional when their one of the one’s that is one of the 4 out..

And South Bend is very logical playing in the closest regioninal..

And you were the one that harped about being closer in the regionals..

Good night!

The system is f’up when a conference foe gets a better regional when their one of the one’s that is one of the 4 out..

And South Bend is very logical playing in the closest regioninal..

And you were the one that harped about being closer in the regionals..

Good night!
C L U E L E S S

good night

what matters except prestige and money? i'm sure all the other conferences WISHE they were as big of dipshits as the B10
prestige?

now that's funny.

this conference never wins anything & falls back on money (which it leads in for no other reason than timing of its contract negotiation) nobody will ever see to point to its "prowess". only numbskulls like you buy even 10% of it.

very excited for the ACC and SEC to blow past this conference on that front, too, in short order. SEC is up next year. its schools will receive 70+M after that.

then the b1g will only lead in one thing - number of imprisoned former university employees.

Just out of curiosity what teams in the tourney would not have to fly to Lubbock? Thanks Remember they do not want rematches in the first rounds

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT