ADVERTISEMENT

My gawd... Nebraska in Arkansas regional.

NCAA baseball committee is a f'ing joke. Absolute joke. Did they want a guaranteed game between DVH and his disciple?

this isn’t about geography. You have NJIT and Northeastern traveling clear across the country to be in our region. This pairing tells me Michigan’s not getting in

A conference champion wining by 3.5 games being the 32nd best team in the country tells you 100% the Big 10 is a mid major conference
Maryland, from the big ten, is a #2 seed against the #13 overall seed East Carolina.

That was a great draw. Not sure this happened simply because we are in Big Ten...

Reactions: WC_'sker
Well first things first - and that's to go out and beat a good Northeastern team. Some of the best-ever Husker teams have ended up in an opening game battle against a lower seed with a big arm. This certainly won't be lost on Bolt.

Imagine how you would feel as the #3 or 4 seed in that regional.

Only thing I can think of is they think Nebraska has a good chance of winning the regional and wanted them or Arkansas paired against the 16 seed regional winner.

Imo we got hosed yes but Bolt and this team aren't afraid of anyone and can only learn and improve by playing the best even in losing. As I said several weeks back, we're 2 years away from the Greatest Show On Dirt. As for now, just bring it and just enjoy the post season. Play Ball! GOOO BIG RED!!!

I see Van Horn still likes to abuse pitchers (think Komine). Look how he used Kopps during the year (10 wins and 10 saves). Would throw him 40-60 plus pitches on one day, then bring him back the next day for 40-50 plus more. Plus the kid had TJ surgery just a few years back. Nobody else at the college or pro level does that, and for good reason. Hell, high schools implemented pitch counts so coaches stopped ruining kids’ arms.
DVH is a hell of a coach, but is definitely win at all cost with pitchers. Not sure how he sells that to recruits who want to ultimately play pro ball.

I see Van Horn still likes to abuse pitchers (think Komine). Look how he used Kopps during the year (10 wins and 10 saves). Would throw him 40-60 plus pitches on one day, then bring him back the next day for 40-50 plus more. Plus the kid had TJ surgery just a few years back. Nobody else at the college or pro level does that, and for good reason. Hell, high schools implemented pitch counts so coaches stopped ruining kids’ arms.
DVH is a hell of a coach, but is definitely win at all cost with pitchers. Not sure how he sells that to recruits who want to ultimately play pro ball.
Ehhh, I feel like pitch count stuff has been blown out of proportion.

HS now you can't pitch the next day if you throw 30 pitches the day before. But 29 pitches...and you are good to go!

Reactions: Can o' corn
Imagine how you would feel as the #3 or 4 seed in that regional.

Only thing I can think of is they think Nebraska has a good chance of winning the regional and wanted them or Arkansas paired against the 16 seed regional winner.

Would have been no different going to Austin..Win there and you have the 15seed in Florida..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT