ADVERTISEMENT

My Final Four

I tend to lean pro-SEC on these decisions because of its playoff track record. But leaving Florida State out would bring back memories of when Nebraska was going to get shut out of the Bowl Alliance title game in favor of a Florida State-Notre Dame rematch - because, you know, either of those teams would just completely destroy Nebraska!

Thank goodness BC upset Notre Dame, or that's exactly how the '93 season plays out.

So I'll go with the three undefeated teams plus Texas, even though I despise Texas.
I think they set a really bad precedent if they take FSU out.

They are basically saying that THEY can predict the future now. What is stopping them from later one saying "Well, IF one of their best players get hurt in practice during playoff prep, they would not be as good, because they don't have another star behind that guy, so we are going to take them out"

I think they set a really bad precedent if they take FSU out.

They are basically saying that THEY can predict the future now. What is stopping them from later one saying "Well, IF one of their best players get hurt in practice during playoff prep, they would not be as good, because they don't have another star behind that guy, so we are going to take them out"
I think this is the right answer. They can't and frankly shouldn't leave FSU out even though they're not one of the best four teams right now.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Wow you really are a petulant little man aren't you? lol
I'll never understand the anger issues behind posting stuff like this but it's your life you want to hate people you don't know simply because of the school they they went to then be my guest.
Horns Down

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Look at you, obsessed. You can't stop and now, again, you have become angry all because you had to read "Horns Down"
Is it that big of a deal?
I'm not the one posting angry rants on a football board and it is sad that you don't see how pathetic it makes you look. I like and respect the huskers and most husker fans and enjoy chatting with them.
You really do need help and there's a little button you can click that says ignore. I would suggest you click that if my being here is so triggering for you.
In fact I just ignored you so you can spare the rest of the people on this thread your immature rants.

• Haha
Reactions: Bertimos and BTF69
I post here from time to time. Met a lot of great husker fans over the years in our games and root for Nebraska when not playing Texas. Is that okay? Does that meet your approval?
I was also curious of why you post on a Nebraska board

I'm not the one posting angry rants on a football board and it is sad that you don't see how pathetic it makes you look. I like and respect the huskers and most husker fans and enjoy chatting with them.
You really do need help and there's a little button you can click that says ignore. I would suggest you click that if my being here is so triggering for you.
In fact I just ignored you so you can spare the rest of the people on this thread your immature rants.
Horns Down!

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
the 5th best team in the SEC? Still not impressed.

They played nobody who had realistic aspirations of being in the playoff
This is why when it gets to 12 (and 16 someday because of the money) it will be much better.

Clearly 13-0 FSU belongs in, but the argument can be made that you leave them out because it is only 4 teams.

Once it is 12, the team that gets "left out" will be between two teams with 2-3 losses. No one will really care except for that fanbase.

Reactions: RBigredMax
the 5th best team in the SEC? Still not impressed.

They played nobody who had realistic aspirations of being in the playoff
They beat Missouri who is ranked in the top 10. Granted, it's Missouri, but when Georgia beats them or Alabama beats them, it gets touted as a good win for them. Same with LSU, somehow it's unimpressive when Florida State beats them but it's touted as a big win for Alabama and Georgia.

Reactions: Bertimos
Playoffs: Michigan, Washington, Florida State, Texas

Best Teams: Alabama, Michigan, Texas, Ohio State

You know, this is a good point. Face it, they "lost" that game to Auburn, I get it, they won, but that was a loss and everyone knows it.

So that should be part of the discussion.
Sqeaked by the same team that got boat raced by New Mexico State.

This. Respect what Alabama did, and starting next year their toe of efforted result will mean more. But not this year due to the loss to Texas.
You were more thoughtful on your reply. I just went feral with my choices and said, effff the SEC

An unbeaten, and ACC conference champion FSU is left out? how? that would make history.

i dont like FSU like the rest of us. but no way they can be left out after going 13-0 at P5 level.

Well they just did it. I don't think they are top 4 without their starting QB however I don't think I could've left them out. That's a tough one...

Holla

8 teams in the conversation, though Oregon is weak

Michigan - No Question
u-Dub - No Question
Texas - Tie Breaker (beat Bama)
Alabama - Tie Breaker (Beat UGA)

all 4 above have have wins over top 8 teams. The next 4 don’t have any wins and 3 of those 4 have losses to top 4 teams. Seems pretty obvious this should be the 4.

Think Kirby F-d around and found out. Finebaum declared Dawgs in before the game and think Kirby drank the Kool-aid and didn’t leave it all out on the line yesterday

8 teams in the conversation, though Oregon is weak

Michigan - No Question
u-Dub - No Question
Texas - Tie Breaker (beat Bama)
Alabama - Tie Breaker (Beat UGA)

all 4 have have wins over top 8 teams. The next 4 don’t have any wins

Think Kirby F-d around and found out. Finebaum declared Dawgs in before the game and think Kirby drank the cool-aid and didn’t leave it all out on the line yesterday
You think Kirby and the Dawgs underestimated Bama??? dude, no that’s a legit rivalry.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Undefeated FSU has been above Texas in EVERY ranking, including after the QB injury. Someone explain how beating a 4 loss Oklahoma State team vaults them above FSU.
The propaganda couldn't go after Texas because of the 10 point win in Tuscaloosa over the gulps. They had to pick at FSU and their injuries and they had to put Texas in if they were gonna put the gumps in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT