ADVERTISEMENT

Move Jamal Turner to cornerback?

Cornhuskers10

Sep 16, 2015
With Daniel Davie struggling, and Jamal hasn't done much at receiver. There's a chance that it could end up being a great move like Stanley Jean-Baptiste or like Richard Sherman at Stanford. Plus Jamal has a lot of speed something our corners lacked against Miami.

Reactions: elvis1403
Won`t happen. Husker fans love to have players switch positions more than any fans I`ve seen. Husker-N-VA is right.

Stick with the adjustments and coverage backs we used after Davie was pulled. If you look at the second half of the game, we did a good job of shutting them down. Man coverage with Davie on the island was killing us! Also, Hopefully Bando can recover quickly before B10 play as his injuries are really slowing him down in all phases of his game.

Reactions: elvis1403
Stanley Jean-Baptiste does come to mind here. Didn't he almost make an NFL team as a corner? I think he only played one year at corner for us.

Stick with the adjustments and coverage backs we used after Davie was pulled. If you look at the second half of the game, we did a good job of shutting them down. Man coverage with Davie on the island was killing us! Also, Hopefully Bando can recover quickly before B10 play as his injuries are really slowing him down in all phases of his game.
Too late.

Stanley Jean-Baptiste does come to mind here. Didn't he almost make an NFL team as a corner? I think he only played one year at corner for us.
Are you thinking of one play they put him in to knock down a hail mary? Or am i mixxed up on this?

He played 2.5 years at corner.

As a sophomore, made the switch before conference play, two weeks later saw spot reps against Ohio State and made a play. Started the next week.

The two weeks part of my reply is based on the linked web page, nothing that I know insidery...so could be off a little bit.

Bio

If we are moving players how about moving a great athlete to DE to speed rush Adam Taylor or Andy Janovich on obvious passing downs Like Demorio Williams. We're not using Taylor at all on offense anyway set him wide and let him go make the ot operate in space. Andy I feel would be a faster just as relentless Gangwich and is one tough son of a gun who could handle a handful of plays at DE. A good pass Rush will improve our Corners better than any switching of players at that position

Reactions: Husker-N-VA
Stanley is all but done in the pros. That was fast.
Last I saw I thought he was still on the I the Saints' roster. Not sure if he is now or not. SJB got moved because Bo was desperate to find a bigger corner with ball skills and SJB had trouble catching the ball. We may still need JT at WRer yet this year and we've got guys that already know the D. I don't think he would bring anything to CB that we don't already have.

Last I saw I thought he was still on the I the Saints' roster. Not sure if he is now or not. SJB got moved because Bo was desperate to find a bigger corner with ball skills and SJB had trouble catching the ball. We may still need JT at WRer yet this year and we've got guys that already know the D. I don't think he would bring anything to CB that we don't already have.
I believe he's on the Detroit practice squad. NO cut him.

Please don't ever ask a question like this again. Winking It was brutal reading some of those responses.

Why would you want to move a player? Didn't you claim we have great talent everywhere? Come on Tom, stick with the troll. All that education, and this is what a person becomes. What a damn shame.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
We know he can't hit a curveball but I'm ok with a few miracles to help those in need (that'd be us presently)...

GBR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT