ADVERTISEMENT

Most hated fan base poll (Iowa)

I’m not surprised you’d like to play Nebraska now and have clearly been troubled by the decades of dominance you were forced to witness

It’s a long line. Perhaps therapy would help
stop it big brother GIF by Bellator

oh, we've enjoyed playing N back to when bill snyder came. it took awhile to catch up, clearly. really hope the two schools start it up again.

oh, we've enjoyed playing N back to when bill snyder came. it took awhile to catch up, clearly. really hope the two schools start it up again.
we already play enough k states in the B1G (indiana, purdue, rutgers, etc.)

your team doesn't move the needle. it's why you're here and not the other way around.

it's not a rivalry. we got our fill of kicking the shit out of your team long ago. sorry

oh, playing the b12 champion and top 20 team would certainly move the needle over say playing directional illinois or a tech school in louisiana.

oh, playing the b12 champion and top 20 team would certainly move the needle over say playing directional illinois or a tech school in louisiana.
you sound exactly like the iowa state fan who came here after their one good season ever to claim they were first in line for a B1G invite

in your greatest season of all time, you were completely upstaged by the team you beat in the conf title game

9/10 people if asked today would say TCU were the Big 12 champs last year

absolutely hilarious

isu has never won ten games much less a conference title.
you're a lot closer to them than us, bub

greatest season in ksu history ended in a bowl game route by an uninterested conference runner-up & then watching the 2nd place big 12 team make an improbable run to the CFP final, essentially washing away any memory of your "accomplishment"

classic

Reactions: BleedRed78

greatest season in ksu history ended in a bowl game route by an uninterested conference runner-up & then watching the 2nd place big 12 team make an improbable run to the CFP final, essentially washing away any memory of your "accomplishment"

classic
#truthhurts - and I don't even hate k state...

classic
QUAOQPR62VCSJI2CO2JF6MVIUU.jpg

question looming: will this 2023 season be the first time k-state repeats as conference champion? they seem loaded coming into summer.

• Haha
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
QUAOQPR62VCSJI2CO2JF6MVIUU.jpg

question looming: will this 2023 season be the first time k-state repeats as conference champion? they seem loaded coming into summer.
is the football in the big 12 championship trophy rubber?

Why the hell would we want to play there? It literally doesn’t move the needle for anything involved with the program.
Do you spend your entire days here? That’s just sad
i'm not sure which needle you are referencing except the one you're trying unsuccessfully to give me. like your ooc schedule wouldn't be enhanced playing a top 20 k-state? please, bro. you can do better than this faux "not good enough" nonsense.

i'm not sure which needle you are referencing except trying unsuccessfully to give it to me. like your ooc schedule wouldn't be enhanced playing a top 20 k-state? please, bro. you can do better than this faux "not good enough" nonsense.
1 good year and we'll never hear the end of it - typical ankle biter fan of an inconsequential program behavior

in other news it does appear retirement is agreeing with bill snyder. he looks great these days!

l-intro-1669933769.jpg

i'm not sure which needle you are referencing except the one you're trying unsuccessfully to give me. like your ooc schedule wouldn't be enhanced playing a top 20 k-state? please, bro. you can do better than this faux "not good enough" nonsense.
Seriously, use your smooth brain if you can. What advantage would we gain from going down the road to Mudville to play? SOS? Please, we are in a major conference and can’t even hold our own. Wouldn’t do a thing to move the needle for the program.

classic
Wait--why isn't the 1998 season the "greatest" in KSU history? If memory serves, undefeated KSU was one game away from the National Title game but stepped on their you-know-whats and blew a 17-3 lead, losing to Texas A&M (who was playing with its backup quarterback that day)? Then, they went on to lose to unranked Purdue in the Alamo Bowl. Ahhhh, good times.

Wait--why isn't the 1998 season the "greatest" in KSU history? If memory serves, undefeated KSU was one game away from the National Title game but stepped on their you-know-whats and blew a 17-3 lead, losing to Texas A&M (who was playing with its backup quarterback that day)? Then, they went on to lose to unranked Purdue in the Alamo Bowl. Ahhhh, good times.
it was at least to this point in time. this year may rival it. we'll have to see how it plays out.

but michael bishop and that '98 team was good, wasn't it. you may remember it fell apart when bobby stoops raided bill's staff before the b12 championship game. there was a lot of turmoil surrounding guys like brent venables and mark mangino. bill would have been better to have canned them than allowing it to play out in defeat.

it was at least to this point in time. this year may rival it. we'll have to see how it plays out.

but michael bishop and that '98 team was good, wasn't it. you may remember it fell apart when bobby stoops raided bill's staff before the b12 championship game. there was a lot of turmoil surrounding guys like brent venables and mark mangino. bill would have been better to have canned them than allowing it to play out in defeat.
That looks, smells, and sounds like excuse making, but what do I know. Good teams relish challenges and overcome adversity. KSU folded like a cheap suitcase in the two most important games of the season. That team was talented but obviously not mentally tough. Hey, it happens. Didn't #3 KSU also get snubbed by the BCS and the Cotton Bowl that year? What did the BCS and Cotton Bowl know that you didn't?

Now I'm bored. See you in 25 years or so when KSU is ranked #1 again, if ever.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
That looks, smells, and sounds like excuse making, but what do I know. Good teams relish challenges and overcome adversity. KSU folded like a cheap suitcase in the two most important games of the season. That team was talented but obviously not mentally tough. Hey, it happens. Didn't #3 KSU also get snubbed by the BCS and the Cotton Bowl that year? What did the BCS and Cotton Bowl know that you didn't?

Now I'm bored. See you in 25 years or so when KSU is ranked #1 again, if ever.
understanding here is that players were screaming at coaches and it got nasty in st. louis. whether that's an excuse or not, idk. but clearly that program was under a lot of stress due to coaching defections: mark mangino, mike stoops, brent venables.

Last edited:

but michael bishop and that '98 team was good, wasn't it. you may remember it fell apart when bobby stoops raided bill's staff before the b12 championship game. there was a lot of turmoil surrounding guys like brent venables and mark mangino. bill would have been better to have canned them than allowing it to play out in defeat
Honest obersvation...it seems to me like KSU should harbor more animosity for OU than Nebraska. Stoops and OU derailed KSU's one chance at a national title (Tennessee was no juggernaut) by raiding the KSU coaching staff and stealing KSU's momentum with a national title two years later.

Honest obersvation...it seems to me like KSU should harbor more animosity for OU than Nebraska. Stoops and OU derailed KSU's one chance at a national title (Tennessee was no juggernaut) by raiding the KSU coaching staff and stealing KSU's momentum with a national title two years later.
there's no animosity toward N here. naturally, there are fans who will b&m about anything and everything their peers do. but you won't find that with me. as i've written before, i grew up in sioux city with N fans in&out of the family. played with guys at bishop heelan who later played in lincoln. my dentist was a N grad. my uncle. nothing but respect. the tunnel walk is one of the game's greatest traditions.

Last edited:
there's no animosity toward N here. naturally, there are fans who will b&m about anything and everything their peers do. but you won't find that with me. as i've written before, i grew up in sioux city with N fans in&out of the family. played with guys at bishop heelan who later played in lincoln. my dentist was a N grad. my uncle. nothing but respect. the tunnel walk is one of the game's greatest traditions.
Curious, when were you at Heelan?

i was there with mike grace who later played for N. leo miller who was all-american at iowa. denny conway a running back at notre dame. and many more ...
Well before my time in the Catholic Schools of Sioux City. Thanks, was just wondering.

Well before my time in the Catholic Schools of Sioux City. Thanks, was just wondering.
Yep, most of those guys are dead. Halfback Creighton Fleming went to Minnesota on a track scholarship. His father, Don, was coach.

Don's coaching came after an All-Missouri Valley Conference basketball career as team captain in the legendary Creighton coaching days of Eddie Hickey.

Both son, Creighton, and Don died young of a congenital heart decease.

We were Bishop Heelan's first state football champions. The first of many to follow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lars72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT