ADVERTISEMENT

More surprising disappointment so far, Scott or Fred?

Rutgers game actually gave me hope for the future. If not for multiple AMart turnovers we win that game running away.... literally.

Talking to my buddy back in Nebraska today (prior to the Rose and Sugar). I said it looks to me like we are light years behind the top teams in talent. I also said it I think we have a problem in developing what talent we do have. Then I watch both of the bowls and I‘m back to talent. Many of the players in these games are first and second year guys. I’m not sure this staff develops our guys to this level even at year five. So I’m more disappointed in Frost (Or maybe the staff in general). Doesn’t mean I want a change in head coach. Just means I’m disappointed.

i would say frost but after listening to some former players and reading some good articles I don’t know, it sure sounded like it wasn’t only the team it was internal/office issues and it took moos time to root out the bad seed, when you hear rebuild it is from the ground up, and Nebraska basketball is well Nebraska basketball I’m hoping Fred can get them to respectability

Reactions: dinglefritz
link

The Nebraska Athletic Department announced Thursday that it has signed a contract for a home-and-home football series with the University of Oklahoma. The two long-time rivals will renew their historic rivalry with games in 2021 in Norman and 2022 in Lincoln.
The first matchup is scheduled for Sept. 18, 2021, at Oklahoma, and the teams will meet at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln on Sept. 17, 2022.
"Our rivalry with Oklahoma has been one of the great traditional matchups in the history of college football," Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne said. "The games between the two schools were generally to decide a conference championship, and many times helped determine the national champion. Those matchups were always played with great intensity on the field, but with a great deal of respect from both sides and among the fan bases.
"I know our fans look forward to non-conference games against high-profile opponents like Oklahoma. I'm pleased we were able to finalize this series.
Thank you. How the hell do you have time to look this crap up, Stupid move on Tom's part.

Talking to my buddy back in Nebraska today (prior to the Rose and Sugar). I said it looks to me like we are light years behind the top teams in talent. I also said it I think we have a problem in developing what talent we do have. Then I watch both of the bowls and I‘m back to talent. Many of the players in these games are first and second year guys. I’m not sure this staff develops our guys to this level even at year five. So I’m more disappointed in Frost (Or maybe the staff in general). Doesn’t mean I want a change in head coach. Just means I’m disappointed.
recruiting. The back up OG that OSU ran out as a true freshman to replace their injured starting OG was the #1 rated 5 star OT in the country last year, Paris Johnson Jr. Alabama, OSU, and Clemson are littered with guys like that at every position. We need to be able to get 5-6 high 4 star guys every year and then develop the other guys to be that by the time they're juniors and seniors. Those teams get those guys at EVERY position, EVERY year.

Reactions: Redinwashington
Next year is the 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century and I’m sure with Nebraska no longer in the Big 12 TO thought it would be a good time to schedule Oklahoma for a home and home series which obviously Oklahoma AD thought it was a very good idea too..

Wasn’t a stupid move predicting that one of his national title QB would be coaching the team with having 3 losing season goin into the series in 2021.

Next year is the 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century and I’m sure with Nebraska no longer in the Big 12 TO thought it would be a good time to schedule Oklahoma for a home and home series which obviously Oklahoma AD thought it was a very good idea too..

Wasn’t a stupid move predicting that one of his national title QB would be coaching the team with having 3 losing season goin into the series in 2021.
I suppose given how close Bo was to beating OU once when we were still in the Big12, Tom though "there was a chance". Obviously it's impossible to predict where a team is going to be at 8-10 years down the road. It's just frustrating looking at it now. I don't care who our coach is, this is the wrong time to have a team like that on our schedule especially early in the year. An early season destruction by OU could have a disastrous effect on team morale. IF by some act of God, NU wins the game I guess it could set them up for a really good year but man I won't hold my breath.

Why Rutgers? The Rutgers game was as good as we played, offensively and defensively. The Minnesota game on the other hand, we laid a giant egg.
To me, the Rutgers game was a microcosm of Frosts undisciplined, "shoot ourselves in the foot" teams. Especially in the 1st half. One of the more frustrating games I've seen. If Frost could coach, the game would have been 42-14. I was ready for the season to be over after that.

To me, the Rutgers game was a microcosm of Frosts undisciplined, "shoot ourselves in the foot" teams. Especially in the 1st half. One of the more frustrating games I've seen. If Frost could coach, the game would have been 42-14. I was ready for the season to be over after that.
The only reason it wasn't a blowout at half time were turnovers by our QB. IMO, the most important problem we gave to fix is errors by our QB. He HAS to stop throwing dumb picks and fumbling the ball. There was no excuse for either of his fumbles or at least one of those INTs against Rutgers. None. That's 3 possessions that had to have cost us at least 10-14 points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT