ADVERTISEMENT

More Scholarships

Unfortunately this will dilute CFB a lot more… meaning that there really won’t ever be a “surprise” Boise St type team in the future because now the top 30 teams will be able to sign an extra 600 kids total.
It will be a transfer fest though, even moreso in the future as unlimited transfers and 105 schollys means even more guys won’t get playing time

Unfortunately this will dilute CFB a lot more… meaning that there really won’t ever be a “surprise” Boise St type team in the future because now the top 30 teams will be able to sign an extra 600 kids total.
It will be a transfer fest though, even moreso in the future as unlimited transfers and 105 schollys means even more guys won’t get playing time
Might as well have no scholarship limits... Kinda like the 60's and 70's when you put players on scholarship so the opposition can't have them. This will kill the lower levels of football.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Might as well have no scholarship limits... Kinda like the 60's and 70's when you put players on scholarship so the opposition can't have them. This will kill the lower levels of football.
Exactly. That’s just what we need right…. Bama and UGa and tOSU etc etc having room for 20 more guys each….
Meanwhile lower level teams will literally have to fold because they lose money and networks only want to pay the P4 conference teams

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
I realize we have a large Athletics dept., so probably plenty of people to do the work at NU. But I'm dizzy from the constant changes to college football. I don't know how some programs keep track of all this.

I realize we have a large Athletics dept., so probably plenty of people to do the work at NU. But I'm dizzy from the constant changes to college football. I don't know how some programs keep track of all this.
It is not college football anymore, it is professional football to the highest bidder with no consequences. The horse has left the stall and there are no fences to keep it on your property...

Last edited:
It is not college football anymore, it is professional football to the highest bidder with no consequences. The horse has left the stall and there are fences to keep it on your property...
InZtJkB.jpeg

Isn't the NCAA nothing more than a representative body of the schools? Eventually, someone will have to make the rules. Right now it's member schools if I understand the hierarchy correctly. Soon there will be a national commissioner for each sport as everyone will be a pro.

Exactly. That’s just what we need right…. Bama and UGa and tOSU etc etc having room for 20 more guys each….
Meanwhile lower level teams will literally have to fold because they lose money and networks only want to pay the P4 conference teams
Those extra “scholarship” kids not getting playing time on those teams will eventually want playing time.

I think the non-P4 teams will be screwed for awhile, but will eventually turn into Transfer U.

Reactions: Dean Pope
Isn't the NCAA nothing more than a representative body of the schools? Eventually, someone will have to make the rules. Right now it's member schools if I understand the hierarchy correctly. Soon there will be a national commissioner for each sport as everyone will be a pro.
Agreed. Just a break away from the NCAA. They are god awful at everything and they are corrupt as hell.

Agreed. Just a break away from the NCAA. They are god awful at everything and they are corrupt as hell.
There's been corruption, and like the government, the NCAA is an easy target to bitch about. But there's got to be rules and rules have to be enforced. The no rules and conference expansion era is ruining college football.

There's been corruption, and like the government, the NCAA is an easy target to bitch about. But there's got to be rules and rules have to be enforced. The no rules and conference expansion era is ruining college football.
There can be a different governing body outside of the NCAA, just have to create it. I'm literally not sure what they do anymore. Had a friend who worked there and told how corrupt it was. Basically every school has a ton of dirt on it but because of money they never act on anything unless that school takes a slight down turn. With that said, they will never slap the big boys because of the money they bring. So if there really is no rules for the top, why does the NCAA ever matter?

There can be a different governing body outside of the NCAA, just have to create it. I'm literally not sure what they do anymore. Had a friend who worked there and told how corrupt it was. Basically every school has a ton of dirt on it but because of money they never act on anything unless that school takes a slight down turn. With that said, they will never slap the big boys because of the money they bring. So if there really is no rules for the top, why does the NCAA ever matter?
Integrity is hard to find these days. The NCAA needs one of the "news" channels and social media profiteers to force feed misinformation and talking points. That way they can get at least a portion of the public to support them.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Your friend is full of crap, says the guy who was in the business for over 20 years. His is the popular narrative, and it is not based in fact.

Your friend is full of crap, says the guy who was in the business for over 20 years. His is the popular narrative, and it is not based in fact.
Naa. He is not full of crap. He had a pretty good grasp of everything that was happening within the organization. Maybe his details are a little different than yours, but sounded like the big boys are protected.

The immediate transfer rule should benefit the smaller schools on the back end. I heard that in that 105 total, 1/2 scholarships are allowable. Kinda like baseball. So a kid could choose a full ride with smaller NIL to transfer to Northern Iowa and give up a 1/2 scholarship at a Big 10 school. It could help them a little bit in that regard.

It should but I’m not going to bet the farm that they disappear. There’s a huge cheering section for a DEI President 😕
We definitely can't have people move upward based on merit, that's almost become unAmerican.

It all starts with passing kids through grades when they are severely substandard in the core subjects that can set them up for success. And forget those effing participation ribbons/trophies.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT