ADVERTISEMENT

Moral victory

Next week is Michigan State. Lose that game and shit will hit the street pretty damn quickly since Iowa, Wisconsin and Ohio State are not even on the schedule until November.

It's going to be ugly the rest of the season, OP. A close loss is just the way Scott Frost rolls.

I’m proud of his team for once. On the road against the #3 and they had many chances to win this game.
Not going to disagree with this for this week. The national media might quit dumping on us this week except pointing out that NU should have won the game and OU might be over rated.

Next week starts tomorrow

Reactions: cvogele29
YTcqtxsPYwcRbKSqdZHXXbytO7yJzK6uwev0lvrR1OmHJVNM8cZd75tolgZSBmj_KyKS46LL_CUM9Pxjx6lkmBTdpzD7HspCoIDAVVXy50YDApbLSP-Hn9sn_qmfa7TgBLpNRkkDINWWqJh2ou03HXyoRxiKZYy0cIU

Next week is Michigan State. Lose that game and shit will hit the street pretty damn quickly since Iowa, Wisconsin and Ohio State are not even on the schedule until November.

It's going to be ugly the rest of the season, OP. A close loss is just the way Scott Frost rolls.
But they just beat Miami...

Reactions: pharvey0829
Lot of positives, the defense looked great, Martinez made some good plays and overall, we did much better than expected.
Everyone I talked to about this game was happy to settle for a moral victory. That won't play well on this particular page, but for a lot of fans this result was encouraging. That said, the special teams play and the unforced errors in the form of pre-snap and dead ball penalties is just playing losing football. Week after week.

Adrian and the receivers played well though. And we play winning football on the defensive side of the ball.

Tuco is one of the leading fanboys of Scott Frost moral victories.
You are a fool. Everyone on here knows I am not a fan of Frost. Well except you apparently. I am just able to separate my feelings for the coach and can objectively look at this performance and say it was a decent performance against a very good football team.

your problem is that you dug your feet in so deep that you are unable to see anything outside of what you want to see. Good on ya.

most everyone on here sees through you.

Just set the floor of expected effort and focus for play making. Anything less against teams that are not as good and there should be hell to pay. Any “oh crap” or “WTH” games and done. Trying to stay positive and see progress but it has hard when I saw the replay of the offensive line early.

Some don't understand that losing close games after close games after close games means the coaching sucks.
All evidence that I see indicate that the coaching does indeed suck. The make a lot of mistakes before the snap and then have missed assignments during the play. That's on the coaches.

But for most fans, this is a moral victory.

Moral victories are indeed for losers. In a results-oriented profession, you either have a W or an L put on your record at the end of every game and that is how a head coach is judged in the end.

If you lose 30 games by 1 point and have a 15-30 overall record, you are a shitty head coach.

People talked about the Illinois game being a must win. The REAL must win game for Frost and this program is next week at MSU. Huge!
Frost had to win that IL game to have any realistic shot at a bowl game.

He had to be going into the MSU game 3-1, not 2-2. Now the changes of making a bowl game if Frost loses to MSU is basically impossible when your November schedule is Wisconsin, Iowa and Ohio State.

Reactions: HBK4life
If anything, this game showed everyone who should be leading the program right now as the head man, and its not Frost.

I actually love our Defense. Those guys are doing great. But we just can’t produce points. And frankly it’s not AMs fault. Our OLine is just not good
I agree with your D comment. But I think our point production is part AM part play calling and part O line. And our unbelievable ability to shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again. AM deserves praise for his play yesterday,

Lot of positives, the defense looked great, Martinez made some good plays and overall, we did much better than expected.
While I'm not really into moral victories in year 4, I'd be lying if I said I was upset about the close loss yesterday.
Martinez played about as well as I've seen and the defense was solid.
Let's hold off on extending Frost's contract again, though. We lost to tOSU by 5 on the road in year 1.

Reactions: ADV1 and BleedRed78

There is still time to re-write the narrative. It starts this week when we will be underdogs to MSU and it has to happen this year. If there are more ‘moral victories’ rather than actual wins, I think he will be done at the end of the season. He has to win a couple that we aren’t expected to win.

Reactions: BleedRed78
There is still time to re-write the narrative. It starts this week when we will be underdogs to MSU and it has to happen this year. If there are more ‘moral victories’ rather than actual wins, I think he will be done at the end of the season. He has to win a couple that we aren’t expected to win.
Bottom line he needs 4 more wins in conference play without the team beating themselves with untimely penalties and poor special team play..

I don't like moral victories but I also like to be realistic about things. This team got beat badly by a bad Illinois team. They have gotten better since then despite being 2-2 overall. If Scott Frost is to break through here, the rest of the season will go a long ways towards telling the story of whether to keep him or move on. I am hoping that this performance will be a springboard the rest of the way and that Nebraska gets on a roll heading into the last half of the season. We will see.

While I'm not really into moral victories in year 4, I'd be lying if I said I was upset about the close loss yesterday.
Martinez played about as well as I've seen and the defense was solid.
Let's hold off on extending Frost's contract again, though. We lost to tOSU by 5 on the road in year 1.
I agree, Martinez was the better QB on the field yesterday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT