ADVERTISEMENT

MN vs BW again for the title

cubsker

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2003
BW beat Prep in three OTs 95 to 94. Big advantage for the Stangs tomorrow night.

BW beat Prep in three OTs 95 to 94. Big advantage for the Stangs tomorrow night.
I watched both Class A games. That was some fantastic basketball! It's amazing that our Husker basketball program, losers in the bunny bracket, aren't going to get any of that talent down in Lincoln.

Reactions: cubsker

Wished I could have been there... Might have been one of the greatest state tournament games in the history of Nebraska...

Don’t have any faith in MN head coach over Woodard..
Still hope Millard North wins..

I watched both Class A games. That was some fantastic basketball! It's amazing that our Husker basketball program, losers in the bunny bracket, aren't going to get any of that talent down in Lincoln.
Has Fred attempted to really recruit any of them? Sallis and Chucky were lost causes, but Saint Thomas and/or Fidler could have been nice. Problem is numbers

Saint Thomas was waiting for a opening with Creighton I heard...

Hoieberg could use someone like Thomas, but does Thomas have any interest in NU?

Saint Thomas is talented enough to play at Nebraska. I'd definitely take him over Trevor Lakes. But watching him, he does not seem very coachable, reminds me of Teddy Allen in some ways. I'm not sure him and Hoiberg would get along so well.

Reactions: scarletred
Sucks to miss out on Sallis, but who cares about the others? You only get a handful of scholarships a year in hoops. Those other guys are a dime a dozen.

If we didn’t get McGowens and Wilhelm I could understand the complaining. Might get that Creighton kid too.

Good run by BW to close the half. MN again looks better but can they close it?

Sucks to miss out on Sallis, but who cares about the others? You only get a handful of scholarships a year in hoops. Those other guys are a dime a dozen.

If we didn’t get McGowens and Wilhelm I could understand the complaining. Might get that Creighton kid too.
Sorry but Hepburn is the best player on the court!!

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Triple OT yesterday for BW probably still has them gassed, but they're hanging in there.

Hepburn is a more valuable player than Sallis IMO. He's one of the best all-around point guards to ever come out of the state, and is a huge loss especially since he's going to another Big Ten school

Coach Cannon is a nice man, but not the right coach for this team.

If you gave Chubick, Behrens, or Woodard this Millard North team, nobody would come close to beating them.

Coach Cannon is a nice man, but not the right coach for this team.

If you gave Chubick, Behrens, or Woodard this Millard North team, nobody would come close to beating them.

Just too lazy on D, especially #5.

Yeah. The team with the 2,3,4, and 5th best players won.

I think Chucky was the best player in the state. Fidler was off tonight, and Dotzler showed up late.

The rules are bad too. Get a shot clock and don't let the clock run on made baskets under a minute in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: HuskersNC
Hepburn is a more valuable player than Sallis IMO. He's one of the best all-around point guards to ever come out of the state, and is a huge loss especially since he's going to another Big Ten school
It does suck he’ll be at Wisconsin. Sorry, but he’s not more valuable than the 6th rated kid in the country with offers from whichever school he wants.

Hepburn plays for a better HS program and may be a more mature player at this point in time. But Sallis is going to be an NBA lottery pick.

I suppose if your argument is that Wisconsin will get four years of him whereas Sallis will only give a school one year, then fair enough... it might be better to have Hepburn if that’s the case.

Reactions: saluno22
It does suck he’ll be at Wisconsin. Sorry, but he’s not more valuable than the 6th rated kid in the country with offers from whichever school he wants.

Hepburn plays for a better HS program and may be a more mature player at this point in time. But Sallis is going to be an NBA lottery pick.

I suppose if your argument is that Wisconsin will get four years of him whereas Sallis will only give a school one year, then fair enough... it might be better to have Hepburn if that’s the case.

Sallis isn’t nearly the defensive player Hepburn is at this point he will have get stronger and improve in this area..

I haven’t seen enough of Bryce McGowens to compare with Sallis, since I have seen Sallis plenty of times in the past 2 years but I think it is a little premature thinking Sallis is already going to be a NBA lottery pick...

Reactions: huskerfan830

That’s the same tired argument we’ve seen for two years. It’s all about measurables here. If Chucky was 6’3” or 6’4” he would be a five star as well.

Whoever watched that game saw that Chucky had his way with Sallis when matched up. Defensively Hep, shut him down. If you saw previous BW-MN matchups it was about the same.

Wish Sallis the best, but as stated, he has to get a lot stronger. One and done? I would be floored if that happens.

When you say "dime a dozen", I think that describes 16 guys that Hoiberg has brought in the last couple years. The results are that the team is last in the Big 10 and Hoiberg's recruits stick around for an average of one season.

Chucky Hepburn is no dime a dozen player. He is already a better point guard than the Huskers have had in a long time. He can do it all offensively and is an even better defender. But the main thing is that he is a great competitor and a floor general. He is exactly what we need. The Husker point guard play was bad. Very bad.

Bryce McGowen is a great pickup, but how long will he stay around? His goal is to get drafted after one year.

Wish Sallis the best, but as stated, he has to get a lot stronger. One and done? I would be floored if that happens.
Prepare to be floored then. If Justin Patton can get drafted 16th in the 1st round after playing one year at Creighton, then Hunter Sallis can certainly be a lottery pick. Being ready for the NBA is not even a consideration.

Reactions: 4norsemen
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT