ADVERTISEMENT

Minny vs Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. What did you see in the Minnesota game? If you don't have an answer then stop the trolling.
I don't know what he saw, but anyone that watched, and resisted shooting shallow insult arrows, saw blocking, tackling and a rushing attack that controlled click and could bust big plays(from both Minny and Iowa)

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

40-10, 3 of the last 4, back to back in Lincoln, and a more attractive bowl team!

Go Hawks Smokin
Just enjoy it while you can... I have a feeling that with these coaches and their recruiting, it's not gonna last for you.

We're number 8!!!!

The epitome of mediocre is when beating a 9-3 Nebraska team is worth bragging about and trolling their site.

I`ve never understood the trolling BS for either fan base. It`s pure stupidity and reveals how many teenagers post on Rivals.

Reactions: bagdropper
Gee, I wonder if your prediction had anything to do with our 'running' QB having the mobility of Abe Vigoda? It caused our coaches to make him a pocket passer, which completely changed how the game played out.

If you think a healthy Tommie Armstrong doesn't open our offense up, then you, sir, are a complete fool. We had open players all over the field, and Tommie is much more accurate on the run. Not to mention that his ability to run was eliminated. Having to keep him in the pocket had a huge impact on the game.

Armstrong's lack of mobility certainly played a factor, but likely not 30 points. Iowa was basically one dimensional on offense without their #1 WR and a patchwork OL. We did get Kittle back at TE, but were lucky we didn't need him for more than a couple red zone catches.

Wadley was clearly the difference in the game.
His ability to run and catch were able to at least make Iowa a 1 1/2 dimensional team on offense.

You can't be serious.

Better fanbase following. Check
More prestigious program. Check
Better TV ratings. Check
Ranked ahead in coaches poll. Check

No one cares what you did against our hobbled OLine and QB. They want to see a big name program in bowl games, that isn't a complete bore to watch. The TV ratings will illustrate that.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Oh he is, and we have to deal with his hot takes all year long.

Still angry, little guy? It's not my fault I'm on your mind constantly. That's on you.

"Hot takes?" LOL! Be honest, you're also wearing stone-washed jeans, a backwards ball cap, and habitually high-five coworkers on completed projects, right?

Better fanbase following. Check
More prestigious program. Check
Better TV ratings. Check
Ranked ahead in coaches poll. Check

No one cares what you did against our hobbled OLine and QB. They want to see a big name program in bowl games, that isn't a complete bore to watch. The TV ratings will illustrate that.

You are really starting to stretch for positives. Not going to get into a pissing match but if Iowa just got housed by Nebraska I wouldnt be talking so much.

Reactions: Bremser and timnsun
You are really starting to stretch for positives. Not going to get into a pissing match but if Iowa just got housed by Nebraska I wouldnt be talking so much.

The positives are that we won more games than Iowa in Rileys second year, and were more competitive vs common opponents. Those ARE positives. Just because we sucked when our QB could barely jog, let alone run, doesn't mean that we wouldn't be competitive if he were healthy.

Everyone knows that we weren't in a good position to play a game. It would have been nice to have a remotely healthy QB playing in the game, as well as our OLine...to see how we could have fared. Comparison scores vs Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Minnesota indicate that we would have fared much better if TA were healthy. When you take away a player's greatest asset (running), it impacts the rest of the running game, and obviously impacts his passing.

I'm just stating facts. We are a more prestigious program than Iowa. That's why we can still recruit better, despite having a down year last year. And we have more fans nation wide than Iowa, which is why we generally have better TV ratings.

Last edited:
Reactions: timnsun
I'm not talking about our performance. Everyone knows that we weren't in a good position to play a game. It would have been nice to have a remotely healthy QB playing in the game, as well as our OLine...to see how we could have done. Comparison scores vs Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Minnesota indicate that we would have fared much better if TA were healthy. When you take away a player's greatest asset (running), it impacts the rest of the running game, and impacts his passing.

I'm just stating facts. We are a more prestigious program than Iowa. That's why we can still recruit better, despite having a down year last year. And we have more fans nation wide than Iowa, which is why we generally have better TV ratings.

I would have agreed with you about most of those 20 years ago. And I DO agree with you that you generally recruit more talent. The other things I dont agree with and probably a reason you got passed on for the Outback.

Tell us about it. You do know we haven't had a healthy QB since the Pitt game in September of last year, right? It's a contact sport, snowflake.

Don't give me that horsecrap. It was clearly evident that TA wasn't remotely close to being healthy enough to play. And he was wearing a device that wouldn't allow him to sprint, even if he wanted to. I never saw Beathard look that ginger running the ball...ever. I'm not saying that he's never been, but he's never been that hobbled against us.

Until you've pulled a hamstring, or torn one, you have no idea how much it limits you physically. I felt sorry for Tommy, because he is a great competitor, but he wouldn't have been on the field if we had other options.

Just curious what these cockroaches were thinking about their team when this game was played.

I was thinking if Iowa could hold the Minnesota offense to 166 yards passing and 101 yards rushing then they should be able to hold Nebraska's offense to 127 yards passing and 90 yards rushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT