ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota and the Used Car Salesman have Real Problems

That’s pretty telling... I’m sure stuff like that goes on all the time, survival of the fittest and all, but man, talk about heartless. I’ve never been a PJ Fleck fan, and this confirms my feeling that he only cares about the players that take him farther.

“Fleck made it clear that he now considered Grant a liability and didn’t want him on the team anymore. He told him it was time for him to go and that he shouldn’t speak poorly about the program after he left.”

Tells me all I need to know.

Here’s an article that might explain why our Omaha DB maybe looking to switch and why he’s quiet about it! This kids actually says he would go with Frost and NU if he were to choose again.......,

This harkens back to when Iowa (their S & C conditioning coach) sent 13 kids to the hospital a decade ago. Not only did coach Doyle not get fired, he got an award that Ferentz invented out of thin air to make sure Doyle understood his job wasn't in jeopardy.
The person at the U of Iowa hospitals and clinics who leaked the damning info to the press was fired. Ferentz agent negotiated another unjustifiable contract during this time because the A.D. answered to Ferentz, not the other way around.
Kirk Ferentz is put on a pedestal by many in the media as an example of a coach "who does things right". The truth is the coaching fraternity is populated by ambitious men with insane paychecks. And there is almost nothing they won't do to keep their jobs.

Here’s an article that might explain why our Omaha DB maybe looking to switch and why he’s quiet about it! This kids actually says he would go with Frost and NU if he were to choose again.......,

Welcome to big time college football. I'm sure it happens everywhere.

This isn't intramurals, brother.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I don’t think anyone is saying this doesn’t happen elsewhere. What people are saying is that doesn’t absolve PJ for this, just because it happens elsewhere.

So is any other coach that treats players as commodities as bad as Fleck?

A prior Minnesota coaching staff was accused of essentially the same thing. I think it was when Kill was the head coach.

No one who does this should be absolved. It’s not ok to say that since it happens elsewhere, no big deal.

Edit: I’m not saying you don’t think it’s a big deal, by the way... just saying there should be no tolerance for this behavior. If the injury happened during team activities, the player shouldn’t be told he’s no longer wanted and hit the bricks, but don’t say anything bad about us.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC
Given this year doesn’t count toward eligibility - if scholarship limits remain at 85 or are only slightly increased - all teams are going to have to get probable noncontributors to step aside

If the president or ad of Minnesota read that article, they are negligent if they don't open up some sort of investigation, even as far as going to Missouri to interview that kid. I'm not taking Flecks word for it. I don't think this kid was cut out for D1 football. The pace and expectations were too much. I've talked to enough former athletes to know that it's a major stressful grind.

Given this year doesn’t count toward eligibility - if scholarship limits remain at 85 or are only slightly increased - all teams are going to have to get probable noncontributors to step aside

So you condone what was done to this young man? Sheesh.. you’re the worst.

Feel bad for the kid. However, would this be news had PJ not won 11 games last year? Life can be a bitch. So can big-time college football. It is what it is in this day and age.

Reactions: WHCSC
Feel bad for the kid. However, would this be news had PJ not won 11 games last year? Life can be a bitch. So can big-time college football. It is what it is in this day and age.
Seeing as though the author of the article taught a freshman seminar at the university of Minnesota, which is what introduced him to Grant Norton, I think the article would have been written regardless, even if they were 1-11 last year.

But I could be misunderstanding you as well... are you asking if this would be news here? Maybe things would be different and this article wouldn’t have made an appearance on this board... I don’t know.

No wonder why Minnesota got good quickly. Not a long term approach though.

Reactions: BigBad&Red
Ive seen some bad things in the recruiting world from three teams and so that stuff while it sucks can happen everywhere. And it was his fault he was behind due to ACT.
Ive witnessed and heard of coaches being absolute assholes at practice.

However, Ive never seen or heard of a kid losing forty pounds, puking blood, and then being punished for it. Then the coach totally avoiding him, then being sent out hush hush.

Also the therapist needs to have their license revoked for violating HIPAA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT