ADVERTISEMENT

Miller has decommitted

True. I don’t quite understand the exodus out of Lincoln with Rhule at the helm. Thought the kids would be pumped to play for him but doesn’t seem to be the case yet?
Many are butt-hurt that Robert the strangler didn’t get the job and that had Trev just named him head coach after the Iowa game the incident would never have happened

Reactions: WHCSC
There's almost going to have to eventually be some type of recompense situation.

If a kid from school A enters the portal and signs with school B for 200K, then school B should be required to repay a like amount (or %) of that NIL contract to the school the kid transferred from.

I know it sounds barbaric, but, if they are going to treat it like free agency, then the team losing the player should be compensated.

This is a complete can of worms and like Dingle says, it likely happening all over the country.

You do realize the school's don't pay NIL?

This is basically ad monies from private companies paid through NIL cooperatives

Nebraska, for instance, pays nothing

Who is actually out any money are the car dealerships, ac companies, runzas of the world

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
You do realize the school's don't pay NIL?

This is basically ad monies from private companies paid through NIL cooperatives

Nebraska, for instance, pays nothing

Who is actually out any money are the car dealerships, ac companies, runzas of the world
I do know that.

The poaching and the behind-the-scenes stuff are lawsuits waiting to happen.

We live in a litigious society, at some point, the wrong toes will be stepped on and the shit will hit the fan.

We're still early in this NIL process.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I do know that.

The poaching and the behind-the-scenes stuff are lawsuits waiting to happen.

We live in a litigious society, at some point, the wrong toes will be stepped on and the shit will hit the fan.

We're still early in this NIL process.

Then why should one school have to compensate another?

Makes no sense at all, has zero to do with the school's, these are private business contracts...if a company feels slighted they will have to look through their wording

Then why should one school have to compensate another?

Makes no sense at all, has zero to do with the school's, these are private business contracts...if a company feels slighted they will have to look through their wording
Again, I know it's private money.

It doesn't have to make sense.

What percentage of lawsuits make sense?

If a company is involved in trying to entice premier athletes to come to a certain university, at some point the interests will co-mingle and then someone, somewhere, will file a suit, and then the legal parts can be litigated.

It wouldn't be the first time a frivolous lawsuit was filed.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Um, no. We aren’t losing players at a rate any higher than to be expected. We have lost what, one player (Hausmann) and two recruits (Coleman and Miller) we wish we could keep. And we could get Coleman and Hausmann back. Is that rally that big of a deal? Heck Iowa has lost as many of their best players as us, by keeping their coaches.
Yeah, and Iowa lost to us.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT