ADVERTISEMENT

Miller has decommitted

Who are the other recruits directly tied to Mickey we can expect to lose? Doss, Berry, the LB from Louisiana?

Not a surprise a Mickey Joseph recruit is leaving but would be a bit surprised if he hadn't talked to Rhule before making this decision but maybe he has spoken to Matt. Anyway here's another scholarship that opens up for someone wanting to play for Nebraska.

Who are the other recruits directly tied to Mickey we can expect to lose? Doss, Berry, the LB from Louisiana?

Busch was Doss' lead recruiter but obviously Mickey was involved

Jackson was an MJ recruit

Th LB from Louisiana decimmitted like two weeks after committing and flipped to Auburn

RB from LA was Applewhite/Joseph...he had good things to say about his vist with Ruhle

Alot of local guys in this class so alot of others should hold

Last edited:
While we need to bring in young talent to develop, a bigger priority is finding a boatload of instant impact guys. Typically, most true freshmen aren’t going to fit that.

Sure it’s kicking the can down the road a little, but we’ve gotten so little production from our HS kids over the years that the immediate emphasis needs to be on acquiring the highest quality transfers and jucos that can help ASAP.

Matt Rhule needs to get his receivers coach hired and go back out re-recruit them back up..
I know Matt is visiting Coleman this evening but we need get these assistant’s on the road this weekend and next week..

I’m not going to fret over it, good luck to Malachi and Omarion wherever they end up. If the bar they set is that we need to keep a wife beater on staff for them to come here and play, then they aren’t the type of young men I want representing Nebraska.
It’s not necessarily an issue with the kids

If a university’s primary recruiter turns out to be a domestic abuser I’m certainly reevaluating my options

Going to have to start over with this class

Why would any recruit who based their decision to commit to NU on the words of a person who just got out of jail for strangulation not decommit and look elsewhere?

Robert not only screwed himself but set this program back a few years due to his deviance
Hey, here is the good news. If the Huskers continue to suck for the next 3-5 years, we all will not have to blame Matt. We can blame Mickey!

Hey, here is the good news. If the Huskers continue to suck for the next 3-5 years, we all will not have to blame Matt. We can blame Mickey!
The average number of games the head coach of a program coached after elevating Robert Joseph to associate head coach before getting fired is 10 games

Any value he was thought to bring to a program after being placed in a leadership role has been vastly exaggerated

Not a surprise a Mickey Joseph recruit is leaving but would be a bit surprised if he hadn't talked to Rhule before making this decision but maybe he has spoken to Matt. Anyway here's another scholarship that opens up for someone wanting to play for Nebraska.
They are all looking for a better NIL payday and to be re-recruited. None of them are necessarily going anywhere yet.

Reactions: regionsdoc
Expected. These kids should do their very best to connect with where they feel comfortable…….then transfer again in 12 months. Even our best recruits can be replaced. Not fun and will take some extra work, but this university and staff has the means and the motivation to remake the class and the go forward. I’m here for the full remodel.

Expected. These kids should do their very best to connect with where they feel comfortable…….then transfer again in 12 months. Even our best recruits can be replaced. Not fun and will take some extra work, but this university and staff has the means and the motivation to remake the class and the go forward. I’m here for the full remodel.
Me too. At some point, the thing will settle down, and then we can see what Rhule has to work with. It's one thing to lose talented, but unproven freshmen, it's a whole different thing if we lose someone like Ajay Allen who has proven he may have what it takes. I assume Rhule has looked at all contingencies.

Also, hope people realize that they can't get better NIL offers from other schools unless they enter the portal. So if you were a younger player that had little or no money and played lights out this year (Hausmann anyone?), you are going to the portal to get offers. Then NU has to up the ante.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Pls stop the bleeding.... somebody?
Unless a recruit has some other connection to the university - in state etc - the current staff may be better off focusing on recruits who haven’t been tainted by their interactions with the program whose leader was Robert Joseph

Give them a cursory call but there might be too much to overcome and they’d be better starting fresh with someone else

Matt Rhule needs to get his receivers coach hired and go back out re-recruit them back up..
I know Matt is visiting Coleman this evening but we need get these assistant’s on the road this weekend and next week..
They're not coming here. The Louisiana kids were here for/because of Mickey. End of story. Malachai (and Hausmann) might be a different story.

Unless a recruit has some other connection to the university - in state etc - the current staff may be better off focusing on recruits who haven’t been tainted by their interactions with the program whose leader was Robert Joseph

Give them a cursory call but there might be too much to overcome and they’d be better starting fresh with someone else
Yes, perhaps. MJ cannot be allowed to be a "lingering ghost" for us. Guys need to be all in or all out.

Huskers recruiting class falling quicker than crypto currency. 🤢💰🤢 🪙
Yes. When you have a charlatan as the face of your program for 4+ years and then name another charlatan to serve as interim the recruiting class built by those two is going to disintegrate quite easily

Reactions: BleedRed78
Huskers recruiting class falling quicker than crypto currency. 🤢💰🤢 🪙
Two decommits

And that is what you get when players very specifically commit to a coach instead of the university

Coleman not gone yet

Talent is fleeing…
Bad sign until HCMR replaces what we’re losing with better players. Next few years gonna be a little rough…

Um, no. We aren’t losing players at a rate any higher than to be expected. We have lost what, one player (Hausmann) and two recruits (Coleman and Miller) we wish we could keep. And we could get Coleman and Hausmann back. Is that rally that big of a deal? Heck Iowa has lost as many of their best players as us, by keeping their coaches.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT