ADVERTISEMENT

Miles should be done....

The youth excuse in basketball really doesn't carry much weight with me. There are a lot of young teams that do well or better than NU. Hell, Iowa is younger than Nebraska and has continued to get better as the season has gone on and is sitting with a winning record in conference and is looking at an NIT bid with a possible outside shot at an NCAA bid.

Nebraska is traditionally one of the worst basketball programs in the country.

If you are talking about All-Time record Nebraska isn't one of the worst basketball programs in the country of the 351 teams.

Nebraska has a 0.527 winning pct which isn't world astounding but there are plenty of Div1 programs that are much worse than Nebraska and plenty below 0.500.

NCAA tournament 0-7- is the worse in the country.
NIT tournament 21-16 with one NIT tournament championship.

Rutgers shuts the door on Illinois making the dance. Not good for Nebrasketball.

Rutgers shuts the door on Illinois making the dance. Not good for Nebrasketball.

Looks like we weren't the only team that screwed up losing to Rutgers on the road.

If Nebraska beats Michigan tomorrow they get the 10th seed.

I think Miles will still be back next year, and that may well be the better option than firing him. But could we please stop with the "You CAN'T fire Miles unless you have a proven winner from a Power 5 team lined up!"

If that's the standard to which NU must hold itself, volleyball is the only sport that can change coaches - ever. Nebraska basketball isn't going to going to get a proven winner from a comparable conference. So if you want Miles back - fine. But making this argument over and over and over again is like saying you're open to a coaching change, but only if John Wooden comes back from the dead and volunteers to take the job.

I'm down with hiring Wooden!

That's why I said what I did. Ohio State will be the top gig if they part ways with Matta.

#zone6
I would put Indiana as the top gig if they can Crean...I would have OSU second. Georgetown could be interesting but I have a hard time figuring out where they might fall on the list.

Reactions: coachDubs
I would put Indiana as the top gig if they can Crean...I would have OSU second. Georgetown could be interesting but I have a hard time figuring out where they might fall on the list.

Shit, forgot about them, doh was that a mistake. So there's a chance 4 or 5 B1G schools will have a coaching search, yikes.

Looks like we weren't the only team that screwed up losing to Rutgers on the road.
So the 14th-place team that beat NU upset the 9th-place team that boatraced NU in Lincoln?

Whew! I was starting to have my doubts about this team.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Don't normally bump my own thread, but I am curious as to who in their right mind disagrees that Miles needs to be shown the door...especially after today.

Reactions: Mtnhusker
Miles should come back to see what he can do with all the young talent.

tk6A1.gif

Seriously doubt Eichorst has enough balls to fire him at this point. Nor, did he likely keep Miles around assuming he would turn things around. That's just delusional.
So he should fire him because a 6-7 post that can't shoot, dribble or defend B1G 5s decides to transfer? Miles has one more year and a marginal post player leaving is not going to change that. Nearly half of all D-1 players transfer at least once during their collegiate careers and this board is losing its mind over an average at best player leaving.

So he should fire him because a 6-7 post that can't shoot, dribble or defend B1G 5s decides to transfer? Miles has one more year and a marginal post player leaving is not going to change that. Nearly half of all D-1 players transfer at least once during their collegiate careers and this board is losing its mind over an average at best player leaving.

Again, I bet that player would not be average had he gone somewhere else in the first place. Somewhere where maybe he'd have a decent big player to go against in practice everyday. Somewhere where the offense isn't damn near non-existent.

Again, I bet that player would not be average had he gone somewhere else in the first place. Somewhere where maybe he'd have a decent big player to go against in practice everyday. Somewhere where the offense isn't damn near non-existent.
Bullsh##. He can't dribble or shoot and that isn't going to change. I wish he would have stayed to give us bench minutes but he isn't a B1G caliber starting center. Jordy isn't good enough for practice? The better question is how did Jordy improve during the year so much with only Ed trying to guard him in practice?

Bullsh##. He can't dribble or shoot and that isn't going to change. I wish he would have stayed to give us bench minutes but he isn't a B1G caliber starting center. Jordy isn't good enough for practice? The better question is how did Jordy improve during the year so much with only Ed trying to guard him in practice?

Was Jordy here his freshman year? Who was?

Time will tell. His chances are better anywhere else but in Lincoln as long as this staff is here.

Was Jordy here his freshman year? Who was?

Time will tell. His chances are better anywhere else but in Lincoln as long as this staff is here.
I've got news for you. A different practice center wasn't going to help Ed's shooting and dribbling or his ability to guard a guy that he's giving up 4-5 inches to.

I've got news for you. A different practice center wasn't going to help Ed's shooting and dribbling or his ability to guard a guy that he's giving up 4-5 inches to.

Did you ever think that he had a hard time because the outside shooters couldn't hit water falling off the titanic in this offense, so the defense could focus on the inside?

Oh and he shot 63% as a freshman. Jordy, 44%. No AW3 this year, Marrrow's % went down. Wonder why?

Did you ever think that he had a hard time because the outside shooters couldn't hit water falling off the titanic in this offense, so the defense could focus on the inside?

Oh and he shot 63% as a freshman. Jordy, 44%. No AW3 this year, Marrrow's % went down. Wonder why?
Ed shot 63% shooting bunnies around the bucket. What did he do this year? How many shots did he have blocked? Jordy steadily improved his shooting this season but he's big enough that he doesn't have to be able to shoot from outside of 10 feet. I'm done with this. Jordy has 5 times the potential of Ed...at least. IF I'm starting a team and could only take 5 guys off of this last year's roster, Ed Morrow wouldn't be on it.

Last edited:
Ed shot 63% shooting bunnies around the bucket. What did he do this year? How many shots did he have blocked? Jordy steadily improved his shooting this season but he's big enough that he doesn't have to be able to shoot from outside of 10 feet. I'm done with this. Jordy has 5 times the potential of Ed...at least. IF I'm starting a team and could only take 5 guys off of this last year's roster, Ed Morrow wouldn't be on it.

I look forward to Jordy playing 40 minutes a game next year.

Just in case Watson is next, I just want to make sure we are on the same page here....so is Watson a marginal player also.... or is he one of the bright young talents that we need to keep Miles around for?

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
Just in case Watson is next, I just want to make sure we are on the same page here....so is Watson a marginal player also.... or is he one of the bright young talents that we need to keep Miles around for?
I don't deal in negative hypotheticals BUT IF Watson were to leave, unlike Ed, he would be tough to replace.

Miles better turn off the "stamina mode" on his video game next year. Jordy is going to look like a Boston Marathon Winner.

If Watson is next there will be a perfectly logical explanation for why he's leaving, bleated 5,000 times as if it's a cold, hard fact and if you haters don't believe it then you just have a sinister agenda and blame Miles for everything.

If Watson is next there will be a perfectly logical explanation for why he's leaving, bleated 5,000 times as if it's a cold, hard fact and if you haters don't believe it then you just have a sinister agenda and blame Miles for everything.
IF Watson would leave then that's a problem. 2 guys leaving for playing time and 1 guy leaving because he's losing minutes at the 5 and thinks he can play the 3 or 4 even though he can't dribble or shoot...well that's different. Basically Ed is David Rivers except David was a better defender and could shoot it and dribble it a little bit.

IF Watson would leave then that's a problem. 2 guys leaving for playing time and 1 guy leaving because he's losing minutes at the 5 and thinks he can play the 3 or 4 even though he can't dribble or shoot...well that's different. Basically Ed is David Rivers except David was a better defender and could shoot it and dribble it a little bit.
Start the meter - Morrow's only leaving because he's losing minutes!!! It's a cold, hard fact and if we don't believe you, I'm sure you're prepared to repeat it over and over and over and over and over again until we all accept it as truth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT