ADVERTISEMENT

Mid 90s Husker Docs/Movie question

mwulf

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 15, 2013
Thigh Land
So I see the tweet below about the upcoming Netflix docs and the Urban Meyer Gators are part of it. Has me wondering a few things....

1-what happened to the espn 30 for 30 doc that was in the making? I know they had done many interviews with multiple players and coaches. I know they were focusing on LP more than many liked and he passed during all of this. Any idea if that was it or was there more to it?

2-the Husker movie that was screened I think in the fall of 22.....where/ how can this be viewed by is commoners?

The run the 90s teams had were anything but boring even for those outside the borders of Nebraska. The only ESPN related Husker doc was the 22minute piece they had on the 84 Orange Bowl and the decision to go for 2. It was cool to see but left me wanting much more.

Reactions: Mrs HuskerHusaria
So I see the tweet below about the upcoming Netflix docs and the Urban Meyer Gators are part of it. Has me wondering a few things....

1-what happened to the espn 30 for 30 doc that was in the making? I know they had done many interviews with multiple players and coaches. I know they were focusing on LP more than many liked and he passed during all of this. Any idea if that was it or was there more to it?

2-the Husker movie that was screened I think in the fall of 22.....where/ how can this be viewed by is commoners?

The run the 90s teams had were anything but boring even for those outside the borders of Nebraska. The only ESPN related Husker doc was the 22minute piece they had on the 84 Orange Bowl and the decision to go for 2. It was cool to see but left me wanting much more.
I thought we were getting a 90s Huskers 30 for 30 at one point... Maybe I missed it? Would love to hear more from that team.

Also, Tebow & Hernandez would be very interesting.

I thought they started it but getting interviews was hard/boring, something along those lines.

There have been 2 documentaries

Through these gates
Day by Day

Neither garnered much interest outside of Nebraska fans… the makers of the day by day documentary pitched it to national streaming platforms and it wasn’t picked up … I think they traveled around Nebraska showing it in local theaters

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT