ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan leaving the Big Ten

Ah, ok Michigan…

do it jewish GIF

The cheating scheme Harbaugh had going was petty complex and a lot of people involved and then Jim claims he didn’t know anything about it but I’m sure he used the information. It would be way better if he fessed up instead of doubling down on stupid he deserves to be fired

The cheating scheme Harbaugh had going was petty complex and a lot of people involved and then Jim claims he didn’t know anything about it but I’m sure he used the information. It would be way better if he fessed up instead of doubling down on stupid he deserves to be fired
Michigan's president is doubling down on stupidity as well. Goes to the top of the chain at Michigan.

Michigan has no football identity without Ohio State. They're not going anywhere.

And I'm not quite following the logic anyway:

-We cheated

-We don't deny cheating

-We got caught. There's a paper trail

-We got a slap on the wrist with a wet noodle over it

-We are mad and going to the SEC

I'm not sure how going to the SEC fixes any of the above.

Michigan must be of the opinion that the SEC doesn't care if their conference members are cheating, and is therefore a better fit for a program that can't seem to stop breaking NCAA rules?
To be fair, in the SEC they wouldn't get punished at all because they all cheat.

Michigan can do whatever they want to do. I guess the question for the rest of the league is are we better off with or without Michigan. I say we are better with them here.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
because they all cheat.
If that's the case (and I'm not saying it is) that's a reason they WON'T go.

The issue here isn't whether Michigan cheated. There's no denying it occurred.

The issue is that Michigan does not believe they should be punished for cheating.

Who is demanding they be punished? Their fellow conference members.

If they go to a place where everyone in the conference is cheating, and therefore nobody makes an issue of it, and therefore the competitive advantage balances out, what awaits them?

TCU 51 Michigan 45 (the last game they couldn't have cheated)

2-4 (their record in the last season they didn't cheat)

If that's a serious consideration (it isn't) then call their bluff. They aren't going anywhere unless they convince Ohio State to hold their hand.

Michigan can do whatever they want to do. I guess the question for the rest of the league is are we better off with or without Michigan. I say we are better with them here.
Why? One less mouth to feed. They have proven they can’t win anything that matters even when they do cheat. I’d rather play the fart sniffers in southern Cal than those in Ann Arbor

Reactions: BleedRed78
I can’t see $EC teams being ok with them coming in. Bama I don’t think has played a northern team in the north since 2011. Florida had a ridiculously streak going back to 1989 at one point. And even back then they were playing those teams in September. Imagine Bama @ the big house in November? Never going to happen

Reactions: moralvictories
The Michigan president is a Harbaugh sycophant. He'll do everything he can to extend Harbaugh's contract and give him a big raise.

The issue is that Michigan does not believe they should be punished for cheating.

If they go to a place where everyone in the conference is cheating, and therefore nobody makes an issue of it, and therefore the competitive advantage balances out, what awaits them?

If that's a serious consideration (it isn't) then call their bluff. They aren't going anywhere unless they convince Ohio State to hold their hand.
To me, the issue is even deeper... it's about being a competitive championship level football program. Something the Big Ten hasn't really been for a long time.

Ohio State has been the only team capable for quite a few years. And now even they are suspect. The league is not what it once was.

The league has been more focused on making money than winning championships.

It was that way with Delany, and also the last guy who didn't even want to play during covid. I don't know what the new commish thinks about it all, but I doubt he has turned the ship.

The league continues to play 9 games, as a way to offer up more competitive content for a higher payday. That is by design from Delany. It absolutely puts an emphasis on money over winning championships.

I think Harbaugh and Michigan, and probably a few other schools, really want to compete for championships. And yeah, everyone cheats to some degree. Heck Northwestern stole our signs back in the day too.

So to me, it's really more of a mindset of guys who want to play and win championship football versus a conference of administrators that want to make money and grift.

Everyone in the BIG cheats. Alot on here have their heads in the sand. Just makes them feel better saying the SEC cheats because they own the BIG.

Why? One less mouth to feed. They have proven they can’t win anything that matters even when they do cheat. I’d rather play the fart sniffers in southern Cal than those in Ann Arbor
And one less team to bring in viewers and media. Who is left if they leave? OSU and the new Pac members? People complain about the west now. Sure they haven't won a NC for a long time but there is definitely a brand there, a blue blood and most recently have been in the playoffs.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
And one less team to bring in viewers and media. Who is left if they leave? OSU and the new Pac members? People complain about the west now. Sure they haven't won a NC for a long time but there is definitely a brand there, a blue blood and most recently have been in the playoffs.
Wouldn't that be something if Michigan and OSU left for the SEC...

The B1G sucks.

Doesn't the SEC have a rule that teams must be located in a bordering state to other members? I know they did at one time anyway.

Everyone in the BIG cheats. Alot on here have their heads in the sand. Just makes them feel better saying the SEC cheats because they own the BIG.
Was it last week or the week before that evidence of this was supposed to come to light? Something about 5 BIG teams doing the same thing and UM was going to shine a light on it?

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I’d be equally as shocked as when the Huskers announced their move to the B1G. Crazy landscape now but likely saber rattling… they know how much power they hold in the B1G. Would be fun to watch the meltdown nonetheless. I’m sure the B1G has a long list of interested applicants

I’d be equally as shocked as when the Huskers announced their move to the B1G. Crazy landscape now but likely saber rattling… they know how much power they hold in the B1G. Would be fun to watch the meltdown nonetheless. I’m sure the B1G has a long list of interested applicants
Teams like Clemson who have accomplished far more in recent history are begging to get in. It's not like Michigan would make or break the B1G.

Reactions: FrankDux
Teams like Clemson who have accomplished far more in recent history are begging to get in. It's not like Michigan would make or break the B1G.

You’re probably right… just hate seeing these long-standing rivalries go away. It’s gotta affect viewership but the streaming dollars outweigh history now. Not what college football is all about in my mind but here we are

You’re probably right… just hate seeing these long-standing rivalries go away. It’s gotta affect viewership but the streaming dollars outweigh history now. Not what college football is all about in my mind but here we are
It's a mute point anyways because Michigan isn't giving up millions to join a lesser conference just because they got their feelers hurt.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
It's a mute point anyways because Michigan isn't giving up millions to join a lesser conference just because they got their feelers hurt.

I’m sure they lawyered up pretty good… always need to follow the money in these things. I’m sure their leverage outweighs anything the B1G or anyone else wants to impose… slap on the hand and back to business.

Problem is it’ll open the door to this type of practice for everyone. Need to go to mics in the helmet for college now or everyone will assume this is occurring. Probably has been anyway. Win at all cost atmosphere now and need to eliminate as many unfair advantages as possible

This is Michigan trying to put their big boy pants on and left the zipper down with everything hanging out. Fortunately, nothing to see here! It's like Michigan was going to drop a B1G Bunker Buster over the Big Ten and when it hit the ground it went doink, doink, doink, doink, doink!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT