ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan leaving the Big Ten

Ice Cube Friday GIF

There are some articles out there confirming the BOR did discuss this...so let me find my tin foil visor and put it on....

.....there.

Michigan is throwing a tantrum and they think if they threaten to take their ball and go home that the B1G will back off.

I say call their bluff. Those tards ain't going anywhere.
love this! you have a gift!

In response to the Big Ten suspending Jim Harbaugh Michigan is exploring options to leave the Big Ten. SEC representatives are in talks with Michigan. Desmond Howard approves.
When hell freezes over. Michigan fans are going to give up playing rivals Michigan State and Ohio State? And the snobbish academic community is willing to be part of the SEC? And researchers are willing to give up access to research grants and the research consortium opportunities in the B1G? Yeah, right all over a 3 game suspension of a coach? They're just blowing off steam.

Michigan has no football identity without Ohio State. They're not going anywhere.

And I'm not quite following the logic anyway:

-We cheated

-We don't deny cheating

-We got caught. There's a paper trail

-We got a slap on the wrist with a wet noodle over it

-We are mad and going to the SEC

I'm not sure how going to the SEC fixes any of the above.

Michigan must be of the opinion that the SEC doesn't care if their conference members are cheating, and is therefore a better fit for a program that can't seem to stop breaking NCAA rules?

Last edited:
When hell freezes over. Michigan fans are going to give up playing rivals Michigan State and Ohio State? And the snobbish academic community is willing to be part of the SEC? And researchers are willing to give up access to research grants and the research consortium opportunities in the B1G? Yeah, right all over a 3 game suspension of a coach? They're just blowing off steam.
Speaking of freezing over, I'm pretty certain that the Georgia's and Alabama's of the world aren't too keen on going to the Big House in November. This is silly.

Yeah let MEchigan leave the B1G. Maybe the Ivy League will take them ... LOL. Doubt it though. Michigan doesn't cut the mustard academically for that league.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Yeah let MEchigan leave the B1G. Maybe the Ivy League will take them ... LOL. Doubt it though. Michigan doesn't cut the mustard academically for that league.
The Big 12 would take them. However Michigan isn't leaving for a conference which will pay less than half what they currently make.

So everyone thinks this is a bad idea and they won't do it.... exactly why they should do it. It could start the dissolution of the B1G.. as crazy as it sounds. I could see 20 years from now, people saying, yep, when Michigan left, that was the very start of it for the B1G.

Sounds crazy, I know.. but going against the grain is always the right move. Always.

So everyone thinks this is a bad idea and they won't do it.... exactly why they should do it. It could start the dissolution of the B1G.. as crazy as it sounds. I could see 20 years from now, people saying, yep, when Michigan left, that was the very start of it for the B1G.

Sounds crazy, I know.. but going against the grain is always the right move. Always.
Always the right move to speak in absolutes. Always.

Last edited:
True Arrogance - In his response to the suspension, Jim Harbaugh claimed Michigan was/is "America's Team". LOL at the arrogance but living in Michigan I can attest to that being the view of Michigan fans.

His chicken comments made me laugh

Guy is one of a kind that’s for sure

Never forget the COVID year bs. Much worse than the blatant cheating IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT