ADVERTISEMENT

Member when some of you idiots wanted the Kansas coach?

"If Deion ends up at one of these 2 places and we end up with some spare coach because we didn’t try to get him, Trev should be fired."[/I]

What an idiot!
[/QUOTE]
Nobody including ADs know who to hire or what to do right now in college football. NIL, transfer rules, national population changes, massive realignment, playoffs, great coaches quitting have created a great unknown as to the right way to lead a program. Being a great HS recruiter in the middle of a hotbed of talent was the way but now being able to keep players from transferring, while raising NIL, and sniping the right guy for the right price is now key. I cringed when Rhule said we were a development university at a time when kids can transfer whenever, for more money but who knows.

What an idiot!
Nobody including ADs know who to hire or what to do right now in college football. NIL, transfer rules, national population changes, massive realignment, playoffs, great coaches quitting have created a great unknown as to the right way to lead a program. Being a great HS recruiter in the middle of a hotbed of talent was the way but now being able to keep players from transferring, while raising NIL, and sniping the right guy for the right price is now key. I cringed when Rhule said we were a development university at a time when kids can transfer whenever, for more money but who knows.
[/QUOTE]
Of course you cringed. You will always be against anything Rhule does. Then when there is success you will make excuses why. Keep trolling fella

What an idiot!
[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that, I was replying to this post with idiot, but quoted it incorrectly.

Never forget this post from Landomatic.

"If Deion ends up at one of these 2 places and we end up with some spare coach because we didn’t try to get him, Trev should be fired."

Of course you cringed. You will always be against anything Rhule does. Then when there is success you will make excuses why. Keep trolling fella
[/QUOTE]
Every week I look more like an idiotic, but I love being wrong when it means a husker win. The problem is I can be proved right next Friday. Go Big Red.

I wanted LL, and if I remember right he was waiting by the phone for the job, he signed a Kansas extension hours after being told he wasn't getting the offer. Would have liked Klieman too. Really wanted Jamie Chadwell. Never wanted Rhule, above everything else it didn't feel right when it came to timing. Hope he does awesome though.

Reactions: Truewooper
I wanted LL, and if I remember right he was waiting by the phone for the job, he signed a Kansas extension hours after being told he wasn't getting the offer. Would have liked Klieman too. Really wanted Jamie Chadwell. Never wanted Rhule, above everything else it didn't feel right when it came to timing. Hope he does awesome though.
I still would be fine with klieman, lol, or Chadwell esp how they run their offenses.

Rhule was a great pick though.

Ku was always going to have a rough year they lost a ton of returning production.

Rhule is .500 at Nebraska, he has only played 2 ranked teams in 14 games. He has been beaten by 5 average or below average teams. Lets say his QB wasn't a legacy, and wasn't the nephew of his offensive line coach, how excited would you be about Matt Rhule? People were excited about LL because of what he was doing early at Kansas, yet we are ready to anoint 79 million dollar Rhule before he has even made a bowl game. Matt Rhule's best win at Nebraska is Northwestern? Here are things Matt Rhule has to do be considered good:
1. Win 6 games
2. Win a road game against a good team
3. Beat a top 25 team

We are one injury to a true freshman from not making another bowl game, and one transfer from said player from having a new head coach...way too early to say Rhule has built anything.
Yep. Where would any team be without their best players?

In the crapper.

Every one of them.

Hard hitting analysis.

If we didn't have Raiola we'd have McCord. Who dipped once Raiola committed.

Of course, we could have just settled on someone like Cade McNamara for a few years. That screams "Championship aspirations".

Teams that have better players win more games than teams with fewer. Teams that have better coaching staffs win more games than teams with worse ones. NU has a better coaching staff and better players than two years ago.

Rhule is .500 at Nebraska, he has only played 2 ranked teams in 14 games. He has been beaten by 5 average or below average teams. Lets say his QB wasn't a legacy, and wasn't the nephew of his offensive line coach, how excited would you be about Matt Rhule? People were excited about LL because of what he was doing early at Kansas, yet we are ready to anoint 79 million dollar Rhule before he has even made a bowl game. Matt Rhule's best win at Nebraska is Northwestern? Here are things Matt Rhule has to do be considered good:
1. Win 6 games
2. Win a road game against a good team
3. Beat a top 25 team

We are one injury to a true freshman from not making another bowl game, and one transfer from said player from having a new head coach...way too early to say Rhule has built anything.

Hey cuckold, you should go back to the cuckeyes board, you aren’t fooling anyone.

Such a silly way of invalidating someone. I wanted Rhule the whole time. I think. LL may have been good here. We will never know. Kansas losing to Illinois and UNLV has no bearing on whether he would have been good at Nebraska. We have our guy. Why can’t we all just be excited for where we are instead of trying to dunk on people over who they wanted at one point?
It's been like this on this board since I can remember. Most dudes on here wear knee braces from all the jerking.

Riley was an unimpressive hire and Frost was fool’s gold. There were several coaches in the mix that would’ve objectively been better than them. I didn’t know Rhule was, but after about 5 minutes on Google it was clear that he had the chops to run the program and was about as good a hire as Trev was going to make. He is doing all of the things that you expect a coach of a major college football team will do in addition to some extra stuff. Many on the board, bitch about coaches hiring their buddies and Rhule has hired coaches that he has worked with. But the higher of White was a stroke of genius and he was not a buddy.
+1

Riley was an unimpressive hire and Frost was fool’s gold. There were several coaches in the mix that would’ve objectively been better than them. I didn’t know Rhule was, but after about 5 minutes on Google it was clear that he had the chops to run the program and was about as good a hire as Trev was going to make. He is doing all of the things that you expect a coach of a major college football team will do in addition to some extra stuff. Many on the board, bitch about coaches hiring their buddies and Rhule has hired coaches that he has worked with. But the higher of White was a stroke of genius and he was not a buddy.
I wanted Aranda but that partly due to Rhule not being an available candidate. Honestly with 20-20 hindsight the other only coach talked about that I think would work at least reasonably well is Klieman.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT