ADVERTISEMENT

Member when some of you idiots wanted the Kansas coach?

I like LL. I get the feeling he never wanted to be at a big-time school. He spent entirely too many years at the lower level. He’s an excellent coach. I’m not sure if he could recruit well enough though.
That’s just it, he wants to stay where it’s comfortable. Anything above 5 wins a year is pretty impressive for KU. But in the new Big 12 that should be a lot more achievable for them.

Never forget this post from Landomatic.

"If Deion ends up at one of these 2 places and we end up with some spare coach because we didn’t try to get him, Trev should be fired."
Landomatic starts a thread only to have the posters rub his nose in his own shit. Didn’t really think this one through.

Reactions: beaglehusker
You might be the dumbest poster on this board. That's a hard thing to accomplish. Congrats!!!!
I’m definitely not THE dumbest, whoever posted this nugget is a special kind of stupid:

If Deion ends up at one of these 2 places and we end up with some spare coach because we didn’t try to get him, Trev should be fired

Reactions: bmb81664
I’m definitely not THE dumbest, whoever posted this nugget is a special kind of stupid:

If Deion ends up at one of these 2 places and we end up with some spare coach because we didn’t try to get him, Trev should be fired

Again, so you think we ended up with "some spare coach"???

What ever happened to the report of Huskers depth chart week to week. we use to get it every Friday before game day! If there's some place to go to see the depth chart give me a heads up! thanks

So, you think we ended up with some spare coach? Or what are you getting at here? What's your point?
Shawshank Redemption GIF

He’s had some very good offensive teams and has a W over Oklahoma last year, which is a way bigger win than anything Rhule has delivered yet. I still think he’s a pretty darn good coach, at least offensively

Who did you want and be honest. I was not a fan of Rhule when Nebraska was looking for a new coach and I liked Leipold and Fickell and I even liked Pittman. The coach I really wanted was Urban Meyer even though I knew it was never going to happen, in hindsight we got the absolute best coach hands down and we're very lucky to have him.
Rhule is .500 at Nebraska, he has only played 2 ranked teams in 14 games. He has been beaten by 5 average or below average teams. Lets say his QB wasn't a legacy, and wasn't the nephew of his offensive line coach, how excited would you be about Matt Rhule? People were excited about LL because of what he was doing early at Kansas, yet we are ready to anoint 79 million dollar Rhule before he has even made a bowl game. Matt Rhule's best win at Nebraska is Northwestern? Here are things Matt Rhule has to do be considered good:
1. Win 6 games
2. Win a road game against a good team
3. Beat a top 25 team

We are one injury to a true freshman from not making another bowl game, and one transfer from said player from having a new head coach...way too early to say Rhule has built anything.

Well, I mean yeah, but this is the internet where we all have to go full retard and extreme and stuff.

But in all seriousness, you're spot on. We will see. Let's all enjoy the ride. Lord know we haven't had a good one in a while.
So the internet gives license to "go full retard and extreme"? On top of that, anyone who didn't fit your narrative is an "idiot"?

Opinions are one thing, facts and presenting them are quite another. Notice, I didn't find the need to call you a name. I guess that is the world we live in these days, elevate ourselves by bringing others down to our level.

I know you were having fun, so relax but there is a bigger picture.

I guess that is the world we live in these days, elevate ourselves by bringing others down to our level.

No not just others. It has to be anonymous strangers on the internet to really validate your stance and make you feel the best you can feel.

I remember wanting Pelini and Frost as HC. This last time, I didn’t have a dog in the fight. Just hoped they picked the right guy who could turn this ship around, and I think they have. I was skeptical about LL because he was an older guy.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Rhule is .500 at Nebraska, he has only played 2 ranked teams in 14 games. He has been beaten by 5 average or below average teams. Lets say his QB wasn't a legacy, and wasn't the nephew of his offensive line coach, how excited would you be about Matt Rhule? People were excited about LL because of what he was doing early at Kansas, yet we are ready to anoint 79 million dollar Rhule before he has even made a bowl game. Matt Rhule's best win at Nebraska is Northwestern? Here are things Matt Rhule has to do be considered good:
1. Win 6 games
2. Win a road game against a good team
3. Beat a top 25 team

We are one injury to a true freshman from not making another bowl game, and one transfer from said player from having a new head coach...way too early to say Rhule has built anything.
We’re two games into his second season. This is such lame negative stat cherry picking it’s ridiculous. This was never a one year turn around after the mess frost left. There wasn’t a functional qb on the roster last year. And if we didn’t have Dylan right now we would have Kyle McCord and be just fine while DK developed. I’d rather Dylan but acting like DR is the only good thing Rhule has done is ridiculous. If you can’t see the difference in quality of play, culture and what they’re building that’s on you. And using year one to rag on what is happening is just hating.

Reactions: dinglefritz
We’re two games into his second season. This is such lame negative stat cherry picking it’s ridiculous. This was never a one year turn around after the mess frost left. There wasn’t a functional qb on the roster last year. And if we didn’t have Dylan right now we would have Kyle McCord and be just fine while DK developed. I’d rather Dylan but acting like DR is the only good thing Rhule has done is ridiculous. If you can’t see the difference in quality of play, culture and what they’re building that’s on you. And using year one to rag on what is happening is just hating.
He’s a troll

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT