ADVERTISEMENT

Member when some of you idiots wanted the Kansas coach?

I remember all kinds of names that people wanted. Who did you want? I wanted Gundy, which seems pretty stupid at this point.
Gundy is a good coach. Frequently plays up to his competition and does great with the talent he has. Makes a run for the conference championship fairly frequently.

He’s what Iowa thinks Ferentz is

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Yeah I member
Who did you want and be honest. I was not a fan of Rhule when Nebraska was looking for a new coach and I liked Leipold and Fickell and I even liked Pittman. The coach I really wanted was Urban Meyer even though I knew it was never going to happen, in hindsight we got the absolute best coach hands down and we're very lucky to have him.

OP is only posting this to try to make himself feel better from the recent depantsing he took by being exposed as a Deion honk in some older posts that were revisited.

Lando, you’ve lost all privileges related to commenting on coaches.

Nice shirt Neon, clown

Deion Sanders Sport GIF by Coach Prime

Such a silly way of invalidating someone. I wanted Rhule the whole time. I think. LL may have been good here. We will never know. Kansas losing to Illinois and UNLV has no bearing on whether he would have been good at Nebraska. We have our guy. Why can’t we all just be excited for where we are instead of trying to dunk on people over who they wanted at one point?

I wanted to take a swing at Pat Fitzgerald when he was still coaching at NW. I think he could have elevated us but definitely does not have the upside Rhule does with recruiting. I’m glad we have Rhule and I hope he stays awhile.

Riley was an unimpressive hire and Frost was fool’s gold. There were several coaches in the mix that would’ve objectively been better than them. I didn’t know Rhule was, but after about 5 minutes on Google it was clear that he had the chops to run the program and was about as good a hire as Trev was going to make. He is doing all of the things that you expect a coach of a major college football team will do in addition to some extra stuff. Many on the board, bitch about coaches hiring their buddies and Rhule has hired coaches that he has worked with. But the higher of White was a stroke of genius and he was not a buddy.

Reactions: shocksker
Yeah I member
I think they have a new OC this year. The original OC was with LL his entire career if I remember correctly (could be wrong). The offense looks out of sorts and the QB play is killing them this year. I think he has over 4 interceptions the last 2 games. Until they figure out the QB play it will be a long season... sound familiar?

I think they have a new OC this year. The original OC was with LL his entire career if I remember correctly (could be wrong). The offense looks out of sorts and the QB play is killing them this year. I think he has over 4 interceptions the last 2 games. Until they figure out the QB play it will be a long season... sound familiar?

Losing their OC to PSU was a big blow for KU.

I like LL. I get the feeling he never wanted to be at a big-time school. He spent entirely too many years at the lower level. He’s an excellent coach. I’m not sure if he could recruit well enough though.

I could not be more happy with coach Rhule. I was 100% content with his hire and was happy we got him. With that said I wanted David Shaw for a LONG time. I thought he was perfect for what we needed

I can’t really remember now who I wanted. There were several names being tossed around and I thought many of them would have been a good hire. Heck, I even thought Bill O’Brien might be ok. I think the bottom line for many of us was “anyone with a winning record as a head coach will be better than Frost.”

Reactions: huskerdude88
OP is only posting this to try to make himself feel better from the recent depantsing he took by being exposed as a Deion honk in some older posts that were revisited.

Nice shirt Neon, clown

Deon ain't hard to find. If you're looking for him in the off-season, you can start by eliminating the city of Boulder and the recruiting trail. That would be a good head start.

I remember all kinds of names that people wanted. Who did you want? I wanted Gundy, which seems pretty stupid at this point.

I had a very specific top 3 the day Frost was fired. Urban, Deion, Rhule. And every single person I know responded to that with...Rhule???

Reactions: RBigredMax

Nice shirt Neon, clown

You might be the dumbest poster on this board. That's a hard thing to accomplish. Congrats!!!!

Reactions: oldjar07
Everyone becomes a genius several years after the fact. Riley would be better with more resources, Frost the ultimate home boy savior of the program. Eventually, if you pick enough guys, one will stick and we will all be right. I have always been a wait and see guy. I am still in the wait and see mode with Rhule, that's just how I flow. So far so good.

And for the record, I have always been a LL fan, no shame in that. Kansas is a tough place to build a FB program. Much like Nebraska seems to be a tough place to build a BB program.

Idiots?

Yeah, I remember.
Husker fans wanted him, Prime, Aranda amongst others. Its like how those Denver Broncos wanted Tebow SO much until they came to realize that NOBODY else wanted him. Elway was not a good eye for elite qb talent!!

Everyone becomes a genius several years after the fact. Riley would be better with more resources, Frost the ultimate home boy savior of the program. Eventually, if you pick enough guys, one will stick and we will all be right. I have always been a wait and see guy. I am still in the wait and see mode with Rhule, that's just how I flow. So far so good.

And for the record, I have always been a LL fan, no shame in that. Kansas is a tough place to build a FB program. Much like Nebraska seems to be a tough place to build a BB program.

Well, I mean yeah, but this is the internet where we all have to go full retard and extreme and stuff.

But in all seriousness, you're spot on. We will see. Let's all enjoy the ride. Lord know we haven't had a good one in a while.

I wanted LL because he was a proven coach with an exciting offense at the time. I wasn't sure about Rhule but definitely did not want Matt Campbell, Dave Aranda, Prime, or Bill O'Brien. I complained about Prime's success in his first three games when we looked like crap and still losing in the same fashion, but that's what you get when you only think short term and not long term. I think Rhule was the best hire out of everyone for long term success.

Last edited:
I wanted Rhule, that is no secret and I do like our trajectory. But I think it is too early to do any sort of victory lap on Rhule, just like last year at this time was too early to declare him a failure.

You do realize that this is Kansas that we are talking about. And they have zero games on their home field this year.

Oh, okay. My bad. Didn't realize you have to be on your original home field to beat UNLV and Illinois in year 4 of your tenure to be good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT