ADVERTISEMENT

McCaffrey is N!

Colorado fans are SALTY. I love it. Can't wait to beat them in September.
No one is salty or really cares that much. He's a good pickup and seems a great fit for the offense Frost likes to run. Congrats on getting a really good player. Sincerely! The trash talk about salty and #1 players though is bogus.

The #1 player in Colorado is:
not McCaffrey. He's also the only player with an offer from the reigning national champions so that kind of carries commitment weight for CU fans. He's also an elite 11 QB, was invited to the Opening, and might be the best QB out of the state in, well, forever. The guy who started ahead of McCaffrey is also on campus. CU is fine at QB after Lytle, Stenstrom, and now Evans. Not sure where we would have played McCaffrey with the WRs we've been recruiting lately so really NU was a far better choice for him than CU with your offense and depth chart.

Reactions: ftball95
No one is salty or really cares that much. He's a good pickup and seems a great fit for the offense Frost likes to run. Congrats on getting a really good player. Sincerely! The trash talk about salty and #1 players though is bogus.

not McCaffrey. He's also the only player with an offer from the reigning national champions so that kind of carries commitment weight for CU fans. He's also an elite 11 QB, was invited to the Opening, and might be the best QB out of the state in, well, forever. The guy who started ahead of McCaffrey is also on campus. CU is fine at QB after Lytle, Stenstrom, and now Evans. Not sure where we would have played McCaffrey with the WRs we've been recruiting lately so really NU was a far better choice for him than CU with your offense and depth chart.
Mccaffrey is 1 in the state on 247. Can't wait to give you a beat down in Lincoln and Boulder next year.Winking

Mccaffrey is 1 in the state on 247. Can't wait to give you a beat down in Lincoln and Boulder next year.Winking
Until they update their rankings after Ty's camp showings most likely. Odd to quote another site while on this site though. You don't believe in the site you belong to? As for the beat down, might want to be patient on that one. ;)Eek

Until they update their rankings after Ty's camp showings most likely. Odd to quote another site while on this site though. You don't believe in the site you belong to? As for the beat down, might want to be patient on that one. ;)Eek
Patient? Why? Weren't you 5-7 last year? 1 game better than our fired coach? Lol, Frost will just add to the all time NU record over CU. 49-18-2. Your coach has had 1 good season in 5 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: SOHusker11
2bmkf0.gif

Reactions: keilwitzg
Watch his highlights. He runs around exactly like Christian did. Its scary, in a good way!

His highlight is not nearly as impressive as Christian’s.... not saying isn’t he won’t be good.. but Christian McCaffrey’s higghschool tape is Reggie bush level - one of the best I’ve ever seen. Also, the majority of his qb film is jv by the looks of it

His highlight is not nearly as impressive as Christian’s.... not saying isn’t he won’t be good.. but Christian McCaffrey’s higghschool tape is Reggie bush level - one of the best I’ve ever seen. Also, the majority of his qb film is jv by the looks of it

Frost and many experts disagree with your assessment.

Reactions: Mack In Motion

You care so little about CU not landing him that you're on a Nebraska board to deliver your "we didn't want him anyway" spiel? Wouldn't that have required an effort on your part to seek out this thread and comment multiple times?

You're right though, an athlete that's only #2 in CO (according to Rivals) wouldn't have found a place on your vaunted squad because you're sooo loaded at QB and WR.

Ohio State, Michigan, UCLA, Washington and several other Power 5 schools offered (including CU, even though you didn't really want him), but since he didn't have a Bama offer, good riddance. He has a Pro Bowl father with three SB rings and a brother who finished second in the Heisman race, but the apple fell too far from the tree in this case, apparently.

Give us a break, man. You wanted both him and Evans. You've just known for a long time that McCaffrey wasn't coming to CU. I actually agree with you... no reason for CU fans to be salty when they knew the kid wasn't coming all along. It doesn't mean that it doesn't still sting deep down though, especially when he opted for a school your fan base historically hates.

Last edited:
Scott frost would tell you that Christian was a better prospect out of highschool... if you don’t believe that then it’s time to throw away your ‘riled up” mr Rogers mike Reilly shirt

Huh? Who is arguing that? You’re the one that said his film is jv and I stated Frost and many experts would disagree.

What’s with the name calling and juvenile put downs? I’d take you more seriously at least if you would stick to your RSS user name.

Huh? Who is arguing that? You’re the one that said his film is jv and I stated Frost and many experts would disagree.

What’s with the name calling and juvenile put downs? I’d take you more seriously at least if you would stick to your RSS user name.

He didn’t start last year. His highlight has jv clips in it... valor varsity games don’t have empty stands.

Love this get. He’s a 5.7 3 Star on this sight, a 4 star on Huskers 24/7, 4 Star QB on ESPN and 4 star on Scout. Might as well say 4 Star QB/Athlete. And “oh my God”, enouh of the dam transfer talk. Martinez nor Gebbia are going anywhere. I love the fact that we are loading up the QB position with a bunch of 4 Star QBs, one is bound to pan out. BTW, I’m still on the Gebbia wagon, dude has to good of a QB skill set, brains and arm, works way to hard and now has a great teacher on top of that. I just don’t see the Cali state passing leader being beat out. Could happen and I wouldn’t be mad, but I don’t see it happening.

It would be odd to not quote all available information. Now naming another site should not be done. So I agree on that. I also do not know how Luke will be as a qb and neither does anyone.

It would be odd to not quote all available information. Now naming another site should not be done. So I agree on that. I also do not know how Luke will be as a qb and neither does anyone.

Exactly, dude doesn’t want the other info out because this way there QB is equal to ours. Figure in all the info, McCaffrey is ranked better. And it’s fine naming other sites IF AND ONLY IF it’s free info. That’s the rules.

Reactions: ftball95
Exactly, dude doesn’t want the other info out because this way there QB is equal to ours. Figure in all the info, McCaffrey is ranked better. And it’s fine naming other sites IF AND ONLY IF it’s free info. That’s the rules.
Agreed but just say the TOSs we all know what they are. I think Luke can play and will be the starting QB this year and yes I know his dad is the head coach. It’s not like he was playing behind poor competition.

Reactions: huskerssalts
You care so little about CU not landing him that you're on a Nebraska board to deliver your "we didn't want him anyway" spiel? Wouldn't that have required an effort on your part to seek out this thread and comment multiple times?

You're right though, an athlete that's only #2 in CO (according to Rivals) wouldn't have found a place on your vaunted squad because you're sooo loaded at QB and WR.

Ohio State, Michigan, UCLA, Washington and several other Power 5 schools offered (including CU, even though you didn't really want him), but since he didn't have a Bama offer, good riddance. He has a Pro Bowl father with three SB rings and a brother who finished second in the Heisman race, but the apple fell too far from the tree in this case, apparently.

Give us a break, man. You wanted both him and Evans. You've just known for a long time that McCaffrey wasn't coming to CU. I actually agree with you... no reason for CU fans to be salty when they knew the kid wasn't coming all along. It doesn't mean that it doesn't still sting deep down though, especially when he opted for a school your fan base historically hates.
You guys brought us up as if it vindicates your selection somehow. I just set you straight. It would seem you were the more salty fan base and cared more than we did.
He's not a 4* WR and yes we have plenty of those and several others visiting and favoring CU. He is not an elite 11 QB and yes we have that too. He wasn't even the starter and yes we got THAT guy too.
You are right in that he was never coming to CU. CU never recruited him as a QB. He wants to play QB. He's not going to Ohio State to play WR. NU is the right fit and you should be happy about it. You're uncomfortable though because he is recruited more as an athlete and because he hasn't actually started at the position you recruited him for. That's why you bring up CU fans as some way to give you comfort.
Why don't you just be happy you have a guy who is good for your system. We got a guy who is great for our system who most see as an elite QB. Asta

Above average athlete with more name pizazz than anything I see on film.

My guess is, they are having some trouble finding a top QB willing to come in and compete with Martinez & Gebbia, so they took a flyer on a kid as a favor and maybe he ends up contributing a depth role as a QB or some other position down the road. That is not necessarily bad, but some of the chest thumping about this seems a bit perplexing to me.

Reactions: jeans15
You guys brought us up as if it vindicates your selection somehow. I just set you straight. It would seem you were the more salty fan base and cared more than we did.
He's not a 4* WR and yes we have plenty of those and several others visiting and favoring CU. He is not an elite 11 QB and yes we have that too. He wasn't even the starter and yes we got THAT guy too.
You are right in that he was never coming to CU. CU never recruited him as a QB. He wants to play QB. He's not going to Ohio State to play WR. NU is the right fit and you should be happy about it. You're uncomfortable though because he is recruited more as an athlete and because he hasn't actually started at the position you recruited him for. That's why you bring up CU fans as some way to give you comfort.
Why don't you just be happy you have a guy who is good for your system. We got a guy who is great for our system who most see as an elite QB. Asta

You're really reaching now. One guy mentioned that CU fans were salty and his post didn't receive much of a response, so I think it's safe to say he doesn't speak for all of us. Why would NU fans be salty anyway? We got a guy we wanted and beat out several elite programs (including a few conference foes) for his services. Bully for us.

And of course we care more than you do... it's our team! Outside of one guy making an off-hand comment, no one seems to care what CU fans think about it. Historically speaking, NU has owned CU, so it's not like we're out for payback. If anything, most of us look forward to playing you again since we enjoyed some battles with championship implications once upon a time.

So as eager as you are to pat yourself on the back, I don't see how you've set anyone straight outside of the guy claiming LM was ranked #1 in Colorado. If anything, your comments seem intended to minimize McCaffrey's potential by drawing unfavorable comparisons to others. That would suggest some discomfort on your part, but no need for more pseudo psychology.

This thread is about LM's commitment to Nebraska, not how CU fans might feel about. If it were titled "CU fans are salty about losing McCaffrey" and a bunch of NU fans were piling on, I could understand the response. As it is, though, I'm not sure how you even found his post buried within a commitment thread on a Nebraska football message board, but it obviously triggered you enough to comment and point out all of the things you repeated above. Whenever NU loses out on a recruit, one or two Husker fans will make subtle jabs, discredit the kid and play the "we didn't want him anyway" card. That's essentially how your posts are coming across in this thread.

I'm glad CU has players/commits you personally prefer at QB and WR. It doesn't mean than LM isn't an elite athlete and a high-profile recruit that CU also wanted (and could use). To insinuate otherwise is false and sounds like sour grapes. I mean, if CU never recruited him to play QB and they knew he only wanted to play QB, why offer at all?

Husker fans, me included, are happy and very comfortable with LM's commitment. I'd go so far as to say we're ecstatic given his pedigree and the potential impact he'll have on other recruits considering NU. We also have other elite QBs and WRs on the roster and plan to recruit more every year, so we're not putting all of our eggs in the basket of any one player. But getting a QB you want early in a recruiting cycle is always cause for celebration.

So you see, it's possible to be happy about his commitment while still pointing out the ridiculousness of an opposing fan coming to a Nebraska message board to let everyone know how much he doesn't care. But I digress...

Good luck to CU this year. It sounds like you have skill position talent you're happy with and it appears that MacIntyre has done good things with your program recently. Here's to a competitive game with no major injuries. See you in Lincoln on September 8th.

Last edited:
Getting an AA safety is a slam???? Yeah, it's like the Buffs have had some many of those over the past 2 decades. Honestly, I am glad he didn't end up in Boulder. The drama created by the ignorant Bronco fans would have been unbearable. But, if not for that, I would have loved seeing him on the team. I really think his future is not at the QB position, that does not in any way degrade his value as a player.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch

Saw plenty of this from CU fans yesterday. Sorry, but that’s salt. And honestly, you rarely see CU fans on this board. So there’s obviously some salt from you on this thread as well.

The kid has been promised a go at QB, but he is a very versatile FB player and will most likely make the team better even if QB doesn’t work out. Wildeman described him as very elusive. Lacrosse, Track in addition to FB.

The kid has been promised a go at QB, but he is a very versatile FB player and will most likely make the team better even if QB doesn’t work out. Wildeman described him as very elusive. Lacrosse, Track in addition to FB.

Exactly. If you watch his highlights, he does the exact same thing his brother, and other excellent football players do, which is move fast, run hard, and make people miss because he has good vision and can pull off great cutting moves.

Exactly. If you watch his highlights, he does the exact same thing his brother, and other excellent football players do, which is move fast, run hard, and make people miss because he has good vision and can pull off great cutting moves.

It just so happens that he's apparently a pretty darn good passer and has shown that he can make good decisions at QB. I'm excited to see what he does his senior year where he's the starting QB, and I'm SUPER excited to see him suit up in scarlet and cream, though that may be a few years off.

It would be kind of hilarious to have him be a kick returner like Christian was during his first year at the program. Just for laughs. Iowa would shit themselves. "ANOTHER ONE?! AHHHHH!!!"

I wish Nebraska was in a place to make fun of teams that have had a running back torch them, but unfortunately, one doesn't have to look to far back to see the same for us. Jonathan Taylor goes for 249 last year, Barkley for 150+ last year, and dare we remember 408 yards by Melvin Gordon.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I wish Nebraska was in a place to make fun of teams that have had a running back torch them, but unfortunately, one doesn't have to look to far back to see the same for us. Jonathan Taylor goes for 249 last year, Barkley for 150+ last year, and dare we remember 408 yards by Melvin Gordon.

No fear. Greg Bell is going to go for 200 against someone this year..... I hope.

Above average athlete with more name pizazz than anything I see on film.

My guess is, they are having some trouble finding a top QB willing to come in and compete with Martinez & Gebbia, so they took a flyer on a kid as a favor and maybe he ends up contributing a depth role as a QB or some other position down the road. That is not necessarily bad, but some of the chest thumping about this seems a bit perplexing to me.

I don't see it that way. Luke was a kid that both Frost & Verduzco were pretty high on before other guys on their list went else where. And I think it's too early to be taking "reaches" even @ QB. Remember Michael Johnson Jr is still uncommitted and his sister goes to school at NU, so there is genuine interest. At least enough not to have to hit a panic button.

I just think the coaches think Luke is a kid with great athletic ability and that needs some coaching up to be a QB. And things are different now @ NU in developing QBs. It's not like Tim Beck is trying to develop Luke. Verduzco is a real QB coach who can devote 100% of his time to QB. Something we haven't had @ NU in a very long time.

So this years need @ QB get wasn't necessarily to find someone to come in and play next year or even the year after that. Verduzco can take his time with Luke and develop him. And this is the perfect year to land a work in process type of QB.

Do I think we just landed Christian McCaffrey? No. And I think its unfair to Luke for those fans that think we did. But I think the staff got what they needed. And its even more a bonus that if Luke just isn't right for QB, he is athletic enough to move positions

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT