ADVERTISEMENT

McCaffrey is N!

I wish Nebraska was in a place to make fun of teams that have had a running back torch them, but unfortunately, one doesn't have to look to far back to see the same for us. Jonathan Taylor goes for 249 last year, Barkley for 150+ last year, and dare we remember 408 yards by Melvin Gordon.

You are 100% correct. But what makes Christian’s performance so damn funny is that it was against the probably the best Iowa football team of all time. So it will always hold awesome comedic value.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Hahaha wooooord! Watching Christian unleashed on Iowa was one of the most unfair things I’ve ever seen in college ball.
Yes it was bad, but it pales in comparison to what M. Gordon did to you guys a few years ago. Over 400 yards rushing? All-time single game rushing record???

W
You guys brought us up as if it vindicates your selection somehow. I just set you straight. It would seem you were the more salty fan base and cared more than we did.
He's not a 4* WR and yes we have plenty of those and several others visiting and favoring CU. He is not an elite 11 QB and yes we have that too. He wasn't even the starter and yes we got THAT guy too.
You are right in that he was never coming to CU. CU never recruited him as a QB. He wants to play QB. He's not going to Ohio State to play WR. NU is the right fit and you should be happy about it. You're uncomfortable though because he is recruited more as an athlete and because he hasn't actually started at the position you recruited him for. That's why you bring up CU fans as some way to give you comfort.
Why don't you just be happy you have a guy who is good for your system. We got a guy who is great for our system who most see as an elite QB. Asta
Wow, haven't seen your name around here for a long time. CU still has fans that aren't drunk college aged transplants from California? Scavenger, what a fitting name for a CU fan.

Above average athlete with more name pizazz than anything I see on film.

My guess is, they are having some trouble finding a top QB willing to come in and compete with Martinez & Gebbia, so they took a flyer on a kid as a favor and maybe he ends up contributing a depth role as a QB or some other position down the road. That is not necessarily bad, but some of the chest thumping about this seems a bit perplexing to me.
I suspect that they're gonna let him compete at QB knowing full well that he probably plays at another position if he wants to see the field.

I had heard it said that they plan to take two QBs this class, and I'll be surprised if they don't. LOT of time left, kids haven't even started their senior seasons.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Yes it was bad, but it pales in comparison to what M. Gordon did to you guys a few years ago. Over 400 yards rushing? All-time single game rushing record???

There's a reason our coach at that time is now living in Youngstown, Ohio.

Exactly the point I was going to make. The difference here is the coach we had at that time is fired. You guys still have your fluff ball HC in place. So what say you now....?!?!

Pales in comparison? No, it doesn't. Their performances were fairly comparable when you look at the numbers.

Gordon had more all-purpose yardage (408), but not by much. McCaffrey set the Rose Bowl record with 368 all-purpose yards: 172 rushing, 105 receiving and 91 on returns. He also became the first player with 100 rushing and receiving yards in the game. He probably would have gone for a lot more if Stanford wasn't already up 35-0 at halftime.

NU was only down 24-17 at half (we were actually up 17-3 at one point, which is hard to believe looking back), but the flip side is that UW had every reason to keep their foot firmly on the gas pedal. When the wheels fell off in the second half, it started to resemble Techmo Bowl.

Ours is still worse because more yards and the number 400 is downright gaudy, but we both got our pants pulled down on national TV. In NU's defense, at least ours happened in a regular season road game without major implications and not in the Rose Bowl on the heels of what had been one of Iowa's best seasons ever. But I digress. Smokin

Last edited:
He didn’t start last year. His highlight has jv clips in it... valor varsity games don’t have empty stands.

Those are his junior highlights. Game you are referencing was a 4pm start at Jeffco stadium. In Colorado afternoon games on public school fields for varsity is not uncommon, as they'll schedule a 4pm and then a 7pm start.

The only good thing about the Melvin Gordon game is that Oklahoma's running back broke the record the very next game. The record stood for maybe 15 years and then it gets broke in two successive weeks.

Gordon had 408 in 3 quarters. It was really bad

I agree 100%. It was a dumpster fire of epic proportions. I think Melvin Gordon just scored again actually.

I just found it funny that an Iowa fan would bring it up as if CMC wasn't equally dominant against them. Both teams shit the bed and got absolutely boat raced.

Reactions: WHCSC
The #1 player in Colorado is:
not McCaffrey. He's also the only player with an offer from the reigning national champions so that kind of carries commitment weight for CU fans. He's also an elite 11 QB, was invited to the Opening, and might be the best QB out of the state in, well, forever. The guy who started ahead of McCaffrey is also on campus. CU is fine at QB after Lytle, Stenstrom, and now Evans. Not sure where we would have played McCaffrey with the WRs we've been recruiting lately so really NU was a far better choice for him than CU with your offense and depth chart.[/QUOTE]

TOS rates players based on composites from every other site though. I do agree he has a lot to prove this year and is obviously the better athlete and fit for NE.

Last edited:
Pales in comparison? No, it doesn't. Their performances were fairly comparable when you look at the numbers.

Gordon had more all-purpose yardage (408), but not by much. McCaffrey set the Rose Bowl record with 368 all-purpose yards: 172 rushing, 105 receiving and 91 on returns. He also became the first player with 100 rushing and receiving yards in the game. He probably would have gone for a lot more if Stanford wasn't already up 35-0 at halftime.

NU was only down 24-17 at half (we were actually up 17-3 at one point, which is hard to believe looking back), but the flip side is that UW had every reason to keep their foot firmly on the gas pedal. When the wheels fell off in the second half, it started to resemble Techmo Bowl.

Ours is still worse because more yards and the number 400 is downright gaudy, but we both got our pants pulled down on national TV. In NU's defense, at least ours happened in a regular season road game without major implications and not in the Rose Bowl on the heels of what had been one of Iowa's best seasons ever. But I digress. Smokin
This is like choosing between Trump and Hillary.

Super smooth, sticks the plant foot and heads north...no dancing beating around the Bush. If he doesn't play QB for 2 to 3 yrs he will contribute elsewhere until then . Can't wait to see an imaginative offense use kids like this early on.

The #1 player in Colorado is:
not McCaffrey. He's also the only player with an offer from the reigning national champions so that kind of carries commitment weight for CU fans. He's also an elite 11 QB, was invited to the Opening, and might be the best QB out of the state in, well, forever. The guy who started ahead of McCaffrey is also on campus. CU is fine at QB after Lytle, Stenstrom, and now Evans. Not sure where we would have played McCaffrey with the WRs we've been recruiting lately so really NU was a far better choice for him than CU with your offense and depth chart.

TOS rates players based on composites from every other site though. I do agree he has a lot to prove this year and is obviously the better athlete and fit for NE.[/QUOTE]

https://247sports.com/player/luke-mccaffrey-46036668

And Luke is number 1 in the state on 24/7 and ESPN. Your trying very hard to sale Evan as the better player to us Huskers when we will claim Luke MacCaffrey all day. Give it up brotha, or go the Buffs board and talk up Evans. I’d take McCaffrey over Evans any day.

ADVERTISEMENT