ADVERTISEMENT

Mazzccua is our best run blocker

I’ve not studied enough of OL this year, mostly cus they’re playing better than years past when I would rewatch to diagnose the train wreck.

Lutovsky and Evans both had some nice pulling plays yesterday, but I also noticed Mazzccua in on the short yardage runs.
Rhule emphasized Mazzccua was a backup, perhaps more related to his off field status, but it’s possible Luto is more trusted for their pulling guard plays.

Side note: Ben Scott did not have a good day snapping the ball at least 3-4 bad snaps from him.

Yeah the snaps cost us a couple plays on the ground, messed up the timing with the handoff. Luckily DR is tall and quick enough to corral them.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I’ve not studied enough of OL this year, mostly cus they’re playing better than years past when I would rewatch to diagnose the train wreck.

Lutovsky and Evans both had some nice pulling plays yesterday, but I also noticed Mazzccua in on the short yardage runs.
Rhule emphasized Mazzccua was a backup, perhaps more related to his off field status, but it’s possible Luto is more trusted for their pulling guard plays.

Side note: Ben Scott did not have a good day snapping the ball at least 3-4 bad snaps from him.
At least that many. Thought this was messing with DR and timing of offense. Definitely hurt Buschini. Scott had a bad day.

Reactions: HominidHusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT