ADVERTISEMENT

Mazzccua is our best run blocker

I’ve not studied enough of OL this year, mostly cus they’re playing better than years past when I would rewatch to diagnose the train wreck.

Lutovsky and Evans both had some nice pulling plays yesterday, but I also noticed Mazzccua in on the short yardage runs.
Rhule emphasized Mazzccua was a backup, perhaps more related to his off field status, but it’s possible Luto is more trusted for their pulling guard plays.

Side note: Ben Scott did not have a good day snapping the ball at least 3-4 bad snaps from him.

I’ve not studied enough of OL this year, mostly cus they’re playing better than years past when I would rewatch to diagnose the train wreck.

Lutovsky and Evans both had some nice pulling plays yesterday, but I also noticed Mazzccua in on the short yardage runs.
Rhule emphasized Mazzccua was a backup, perhaps more related to his off field status, but it’s possible Luto is more trusted for their pulling guard plays.

Side note: Ben Scott did not have a good day snapping the ball at least 3-4 bad snaps from him.
At least that many. Thought this was messing with DR and timing of offense. Definitely hurt Buschini. Scott had a bad day.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Notice how on every short yardage situation that Mazzccua was apart of they got a push up front?
He played as an extra TE and was able to block down on some dudes who were not expecting to get what they got. That big kid is a major change from the finesse blockers that we have at tight end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT