ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe not Meyer

So after Meyer flat out said no or Trev wouldn’t meet the asking price both parties agreed to announce that no conversation ever took place

Last edited:
With Meyer's track record that must mean he's coming to Nebraska. Lol.

In all seriousness I think it's time to face the fact we are not a destination job right now. Program is a raging dumpster fire and wouldn't be surprised if many well known coaches stay away.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have Meyer. Please by all means go after him. Offer him the moon and roll out the red carpet. But I don't think that's what will happen and I'm not even sure he would say yes at this point if that did happen. Makes me sad to admit just the way I see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: leodisflowers
The more I read about LL and Chadwell the more I think they are the solution (chadwell cannot be allowed to bring his DC). Urban could not handle the pros- college football IS professional now

In all seriousness I think it's time face the fact we are not a destination job right now. Program is a raging dumpster fire and wouldn't be surprised if many well known coaches stay away.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have Meyer. Please by all means go after him. Offer him the moon and roll out the red carpet. But I don't think that's what will happen and I'm not even sure he would say yes at this point if that did happen. Makes me sad to admit just the way I see it.

A Jim Leonhard would be a great (and realistic) get but he's heading back to Wisconsin when Chryst finally gets canned.

The more I read about LL and Chadwell the more I think they are the solution (chadwell cannot be allowed to bring his DC). Urban could not handle the pros- college football IS professional now

LL and Campbell have both turned around huge dumpster fires. Matt Ruhle has done it twice. Those guys would all make alot of sense.

How is it the experts on Fox all predicted a tight game and some thought we might win? Do they not see how bad NU is? We see it but how is it they couldn't?

Their job isn't to do any "analysis". Fox's only job is hype the B1G so they can get more sheep on Fox teets. More sheep on the teets means more money for them. End of story.

Reactions: bama_husker
CBS sports reported they met Friday. I don’t buy they haven’t contacted. Trev met with him. urban may have said let me think about it. Saw how far off they were Saturday. Then urban told trev no thanks. Now they say no contact.

Reactions: mavsker and WHCSC
We need a coach that's been around big time talent not some up and coming coach.

It would be a disaster and more losing.

If Urban Meyer has an enjoyable, relatively stress free life, and makes a reported $8M/Yr. with Fox, (which I have no clue of his situation but it sounds good and helps me make my point so let’s assume it’s true) why would he leave that and opt for the meat grinder/white hot spotlight and current dumpster fire situation that is being head coach at Nebraska?

Last edited:
CBS sports reported they met Friday. I don’t buy they haven’t contacted. Trev met with him. urban may have said let me think about it. Saw how far off they were Saturday. Then urban told trev no thanks. Now they say no contact.
I'm sure they did meet. Trev said during the presser he was going to talk to many people, but not everyone he talks to will be offered the job. I'm sure they talked about the program, how to fix it, what it will require to do this, and if he had any thoughts on some coaches who could do the necessary evils to do it right.

I don’t see any situation that makes Urban want this job let alone take it.

I don’t any situation that makes Urban want this job let alone take it.
lmao ok because the guy is a coach and he has expressed admiration for the program and fans and nebraska has a lot of money.. what are the reasons he wouldnt? because its "in nebraska" because its "hard to recruit" because "we suck"

way, Way, WAY to much money. Washington is paying their coach $3 million a year with great results so far. No reason at all to spend even $5 million let alone $15
Especially when he self-destructs (his usual) after 4 to 5 years, Here's an idea - rehire Bo Pelini whose 67-27 (39-17 B1G) probably looks pretty good right now

• Haha
Reactions: mavsker and WHCSC
I think some media types were trolling us, talking urban...
fair enough...
onto one of baylor coaches

Reactions: dinglefritz
lmao ok because the guy is a coach and he has expressed admiration for the program and fans and nebraska has a lot of money.. what are the reasons he wouldnt? because its "in nebraska" because its "hard to recruit" because "we suck"

Makes his job easier if he comes here.

Any improvement will be appreciated at this time.

way, Way, WAY to much money. Washington is paying their coach $3 million a year with great results so far. No reason at all to spend even $5 million let alone $15
You are not capable of critical thinking are you?

Reactions: WHCSC
Yeah. Assuming urb had any interest coming here, TA bringing him here would make Alberts look like a massive vag.

In all seriousness I think it's time to face the fact we are not a destination job right now. Program is a raging dumpster fire and wouldn't be surprised if many well known coaches stay away.

I would be shocked if either side so much as admitted there was a conversation at this point. Meyer isn't 'at home' in the booth. His place is on the sideline and you can bet he will be back sooner than later. Short of Trev being a tightass or an idiot, an offer should be made.

Or maybe Meyer has 100 million banked and wants to coast in a job where nobody cares if you party with college girls….

If you want Frost part two, either of those guys would be great

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT