ADVERTISEMENT

Max Duggan deciding in April

The game was on color TV. My God what are you watching YouTube on?o_O

The original broadcast is on there and in color.

Yes, of course it was. I remember quite well watching it......Jeff Kinney with his torn apart uniform.....the Jet flying by the sooners, etc.

Reactions: scarletred
I just looked at youtube for that game, the film looked grainy, lacked much color. Are you sure the game was played when they had color tv?

The zapruder film had better quality and that was allegedly taken in 63.

Funny coming from a fan base whose last outright Conference title happened when “Back to The Future” was in theaters.

“Legendary” coach Hayden Fry has less outright conference titles than TO has outright NATIONAL championships.

Funny coming from a fan base whose last outright Conference title happened when “Back to The Future” was in theaters.

“Legendary” coach Hayden Fry has less outright conference titles than TO has outright NATIONAL championships.
I’m not defending the troll but TO is in a league with a small handful of coaches in history. Comparing a coach that brought Iowa out of 20-some straight losing seasons to national relevance isn’t exactly fair.

Back to the Future was at least filmed in color.

BTW sympathies for not getting Max, just have to do with what ya got.

I’m not defending the troll but TO is in a league with a small handful of coaches in history. Comparing a coach that brought Iowa out of 20-some straight losing seasons to national relevance isn’t exactly fair.

And my remark was in reply is

It was a reply to said troll.. but that’s kinda my point. We have two very different definitions of the word “legendary”

You really should head back to the Iowa board and get into the thread discussing whether or not Ferentz deserves a statue at Kinnick, I heard it’s a quite entertaining. As long as you’re here, I’ve been asking this question around to various Iowa fans, but haven’t received an answer, why did Iowa name their stadium after a Nebraska high school football player?

Lol And Iowa claims a national title awarded by playboy magazine in the same year NASA was founded. Your trying to make fun of Nebraska for winning multiple national titles? If that’s your angle, I suggest you go back to cyclonefanatic.com. Plays better over there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What is interesting in the comparison of Osborne and Fry is that Osborne had the better record, program, titles, all Americans, heisman winners and so on... by a landslide. But the coaching tree he produced was minimal. Hayden Fry's coaching tree has been much more productive. Why I wonder? Is it because Osborne's staff stuck around and Fry's sought out head coaching gigs?

Fry is Iowa’s Bob Devaney brought the program back from rock bottom both programs hadn't’ been winning over .500 for around 2 decades.

From 1962-1980 Iowa didn’t have a team that finished above .500.

Reactions: SWIowahawks

Oh, I'd say it's about as fair as a tussle between Andre the Giant and George "Scrapiron" Gadaski..

You really should head back to the Iowa board and get into the thread discussing whether or not Ferentz deserves a statue at Kinnick, I heard it’s a quite entertaining. As long as you’re here, I’ve been asking this question around to various Iowa fans, but haven’t received an answer, why did Iowa name their stadium after a Nebraska high school football player?
Actually they renamed it after Nile Kinnick
Why did a high school in Nebraska name its football stadium after an Iowa Heisman Trophy winner.

Lol And Iowa claims a national title awarded by playboy magazine in the same year NASA was founded. Your trying to make fun of Nebraska for winning multiple national titles? If that’s your angle, I suggest you go back to cyclonefanatic.com. Plays better over there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have no issue with Nebraska’s National titles very impressive, my point was somebody (not me) hijacked the thread by dismissing Minnesota’s and I pointed out Nebraska started their run basically back in the Stone Age of face masks and non Leather Helmets. My point was they didn’t just start counting in 1970.

I have no issue with Nebraska’s National titles very impressive, my point was somebody (not me) hijacked the thread by dismissing Minnesota’s and I pointed out Nebraska started their run basically back in the Stone Age of face masks and non Leather Helmets. My point was they didn’t just start counting in 1970.

No you're idiotic post was that they wore leather helmets in the 1970's.

Since you're impressed with Nebraska which school has more impressive National titles.
Minnesota or Nebraska.... Troll that one for us.

We would have named our stadium after a Heisman winner except then we would have had to build three stadiums
I’m not expecting to see Eric Crouch Stadium anytime soon and Nile winning the Heisman had zero with Kinnick being named after him absolutely zero.

Since you're impressed with Nebraska which school has more impressive National titles.

I really don’t care as I am unsure of how many Minnesota shared or had won outright.

Why did a high school in Nebraska name its football stadium after an Iowa Heisman Trophy winner.
Of course there’s a high school stadium named after a highly touted football player who graduated from and played football at a Nebraska high school.
Now I understand your fan bases’ inferiority complex. Nearly anything notable about Iowa football has a Nebraska tie.

Well sense you seem to get off on colored TV, that I guess was invented in 1972 in whatever universe you currently reside in. so explain to me what Iowa has done since then? Your discrediting your only Heisman winner and only (claimed) national championship?

Nebraska still has 14 conference titles, 2 Heisman winners and 3 national titles.

Once again you did not fully comprehend my post, I did not say "I am impressed" what I inferred was at the time 5 were impressive. Since you basically asked or invited me to give my take, I and thousands of other football aficionado's don't really give any championships won before the playoffs were created to be anything other than a popularity contest. Those trophies represent something mythical. they certainly weren't won on field in the same manner as Basketball or Baseball champions do. At some point in the future an asterisk will be placed along everyone who won one prior to the playoffs it only makes common sense to do so.

Once again you did not fully comprehend my post, I did not say "I am impressed" what I inferred was at the time 5 were impressive. Since you basically asked or invited me to give my take, I and thousands of other football aficionado's don't really give any championships won before the playoffs were created to be anything other than a popularity contest. Those trophies represent something mythical. they certainly weren't won on field in the same manner as Basketball or Baseball champions do. At some point in the future an asterisk will be placed along everyone who won one prior to the playoffs it only makes common sense to do so.

Ya Beating the #2,3 and 4 teams in the country in 1971 ( at seasons end never been done since)isn't winning them on the field...Put a asterisk on that fact something no Iowa football team will ever accomplish by going undefeated.

I'm done with you're knowledge of college football history.

Your trolling is relentless. Why you haven’t been sniped by a mod is beyond me.

There will not be asterisks in your or my lifetime... those games were won on the field of play against top teams.

Not to get in a pissing match but you should check out Iowa’s 1960 schedule. It’s something you couldn’t even try and do today. Beat #19, #8, #3, #2, #1, #1, #5, #2. Lost one game to #1. Lost to #1 Minnesota who lost two games including the Rose Bowl and was awarded the National Title. I found it interesting and would find it interesting if it were any other team.

If I remember correctly scarlet, you aren’t exactly a spring chicken. (No offense) Are you old enough to talk about those years much?

I’m not sure where all those teams were ranked at the time, I’ll give you the benefit of doubt....
But by season end Final poll which probably isn’t fair to Iowa because of that fact that it wasn’t after the bowls but it is what it is...

Iowa lost #1 Minnesota ( who lost the Rose Bowl)
Iowa beat #8 Ohio St
Iowa beat #11 Kansas
Iowa beat #15 Michigan St
Iowa beat #19 Purdue

And you’re correct I’m no spring chicken but I do know my football history.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Not to get in a pissing match but you should check out Iowa’s 1960 schedule. It’s something you couldn’t even try and do today. Beat #19, #8, #3, #2, #1, #1, #5, #2. Lost one game to #1. Lost to #1 Minnesota who lost two games including the Rose Bowl and was awarded the National Title. I found it interesting and would find it interesting if it were any other team.

If I remember correctly scarlet, you aren’t exactly a spring chicken. (No offense) Are you old enough to talk about those years much?

Hey dipshit, those rankings are for Iowa at the time of the game.

His announcement is forthcoming according to local media sources, undoubtedly it will be a huge lift and program changer for wherever he goes. Pretty much thrust that school into the National Title discussion in the near future. I never really had any illusions he would become a hawkeye as he doesn't fit the pro style mold that Iowa normally goes after.

However good luck wherever he goes (hopefully not a B1G).

I think his big question mark will be his durability. This season will show a better idea as he will play better competition all year. 4A on the west side is not good. He was injured a couple times last year and once his Soph year wasnt he?

I’m not sure where all those teams were ranked at the time, I’ll give you the benefit of doubt....
But by season end Final poll which probably isn’t fair to Iowa because of that fact that it wasn’t after the bowls but it is what it is...

Iowa beat #8 Ohio St
Iowa beat #11 Kansas
Iowa beat #19 Purdue

Hey dipshit, those rankings are for Iowa at the time of the game.
Dear God how embarrassing. I read a deal a while ago that went through one of those seasons and it was top 10 team after top 10 team so I let my eyes perceive me while looking back. I’ll see if I can find what I had read or watched.

Iowa beat #8 Ohio St
Iowa beat #11 Kansas
Iowa beat #19 Purdue

Ok I’ve finally found my footing. Irrelevant as it may be to this thread and anyone here: 1960 rankings at the time of game.

Beat Oregon State #10
Beat #6 NW
Beat #13 MSU
Beat #12 Wisconsin
Beat #10 Purdue
Beat #19 Kansas
Lost #3 Minnesota
Beat #3 Ohio State

I saw that two of those teams ended up being under .500 so it’s obviously not the same as now a days. I just found it crazy. Was a schedule like this common back then?

Ok I’ve finally found my footing. Irrelevant as it may be to this thread and anyone here: 1960 rankings at the time of game.

Beat Oregon State #10
Beat #6 NW
Beat #13 MSU
Beat #12 Wisconsin
Beat #10 Purdue
Beat #19 Kansas
Lost #3 Minnesota
Beat #3 Ohio State

I saw that two of those teams ended up being under .500 so it’s obviously not the same as now a days. I just found it crazy. Was a schedule like this common back then?
7 ranked teams (including Iowa) from the B1G is impressive no matter the era...

Reactions: SWIowahawks

You don't have anywhere to post, do you?
Does your punkass post here because even Iowa fans don't like you?

I went to that HS Northwest High School in Omaha. The stadium is Nile Kinnick Stadium. Never understood that as Kinnick graduated from Benson HS in Omaha

Trolling_drawing.jpg

I think his big question mark will be his durability. This season will show a better idea as he will play better competition all year. 4A on the west side is not good. He was injured a couple times last year and once his Soph year wasnt he?
I only recall the hand and leg injury last year but you could be correct, bound to happen when you are a one man offense and carry the load.

I only recall the hand and leg injury last year but you could be correct, bound to happen when you are a one man offense and carry the load.

You don't make playoffs with a backup QB then make playoffs with a one man offense that doesn't play most of the year. That team has some talent on it and a damn talented coaching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT