ADVERTISEMENT

Max Duggan deciding in April

He is from Council Bluffs, right?

Probably 50/50.
Half of the bluffs people love Nebraska, the other half sucks.
Wow. I guess I wouldn't have even thought close to 50% Husker. 30 years ago I would have said even 25% of Omaha hated NU.

I’m going out on a limb and saying Duggan will be a Husker. He fits perfectly in Frosts offense, a real football team and we are still close to home. ND may tempt him but Huskers will pull it off. That’s my guess.

QUOTE="Blackshirt316, post: 4278852, member: 9286"]Duggan is likely the 4th or 5th option Nebraska is looking at.

Daniels, Taglovailova and Tisdale are the top 3 and then it's a question of wether Duggan or McCaffrey is after that.

IMO Duggan goes to Minnesota and we get one our top 3 guys.

landing one of our top 3 AND getting McCaffrey as a WR/RB/QB option would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

How interested is our top 3 in us? I would think our confidence in getting one of them is the key on how hard you go after your number 4/5 guys from the 500 mile radius. I don’t know a ton about Daniels or Tisdale but got to watch Taglovailova 6 times last year. We live where his family moved to in Alabama. The kid is phonomenel and would love to see him be a Husker but I would think he is a heavy lean to follow his brother to Alabama.

Minnesota will be a player for Duggan. Seems like he likes Fleck and he would fit their offense and they are desperate at this point. Probably putting all of their chips in for him.

I have heard all along that if ND offered it was a lock but we will see.

I think Iowa would take him for sure but dont see it happening.

Nebraska probably too late to the game.

My guess is it is ND or Minn with outside chance for OSU

Minnesota will be a player for Duggan. Seems like he likes Fleck and he would fit their offense and they are desperate at this point. Probably putting all of their chips in for him.

I have heard all along that if ND offered it was a lock but we will see.

I think Iowa would take him for sure but dont see it happening.

Nebraska probably too late to the game.

My guess is it is ND or Minn with outside chance for OSU

How is Nebraska too late to the game?
I'm with some of the others by thinking Frost and Verduzco have a few others higher on the priority list at the time.

How is Nebraska too late to the game?
I'm with some of the others by thinking Frost and Verduzco have a few others higher on the priority list at the time.

Just my thoughts from what I have heard.

Dont think he ends up at Neb or Iowa in the end.

I thought I read somewhere that TCU is now in play with Max and that he even received a couple of CBs to there.

Reactions: Red I 73
I couldnt begin to tell you if Frost and co. are after him more than others but it doesnt sound like it at this point.

I couldnt begin to tell you if Frost and co. are after him more than others but it doesnt sound like it at this point.

why do you say that? No one really knows, I'd say it's either Nebraska or Minnesota, and the golphers only for no competition.

Not going to happen.
I’m going out on a limb and saying Duggan will be a Husker. He fits perfectly in Frosts offense, a real football team and we are still close to home. ND may tempt him but Huskers will pull it off. That’s my guess.

Hard to say who gets the privilege of having him play for them. TCU, Minny, maybe even N.C. could be in the hunt. I know Nebby is courting him very hard but so is half the country including Saban.

His announcement is forthcoming according to local media sources, undoubtedly it will be a huge lift and program changer for wherever he goes. Pretty much thrust that school into the National Title discussion in the near future. I never really had any illusions he would become a hawkeye as he doesn't fit the pro style mold that Iowa normally goes after.

However good luck wherever he goes (hopefully not a B1G).

His announcement is forthcoming according to local media sources, undoubtedly it will be a huge lift and program changer for wherever he goes. Pretty much thrust that school into the National Title discussion in the near future. I never really had any illusions he would become a hawkeye as he doesn't fit the pro style mold that Iowa normally goes after.

National Title discussion? That's a bit much. Depending on the team, possibly contending for division/conference.

So if he goes to Row the Boat U they’ll be title contenders?

Reactions: donahues17
I think this is a year they can go after their top tier QBs and if they strike out (don't think they will) it isn't as huge a deal as some years...Next year we have

Bunch: Sr.
POB: Jr. (expect him to transfer)
Vedral: RS Soph
Gebbia: RS Soph
Martinez: Soph

Bunch seems to fit this system better, they know Vedra can run offense, Martinez is handpicked, and Gebbia possible starter this year....

So they have a pretty good base to start from.

Leather helmet years and awarded a title losing it’s bowl game...

My My that is impressive.
Weren't they still wearing leather helmets in 70 & 71 I know they didn't have color tv yet and gas was a quarter because my granddad used to tell me stories of the 70's.

Weren't they still wearing leather helmets in 70 & 71 I know they didn't have color tv yet and gas was a quarter because my granddad used to tell me stories of the 70's.

Lol..... We had color TV and I seen the game of the century on it.... Maybe you should go to YouTube and educate yourself on one of the greatest college football games played in the history of college football.

Reactions: timnsun
Lol..... We had color TV and I seen the game of the century on it.... Maybe you should go to YouTube and educate yourself on one of the greatest college football games played in the history of college football.
I just looked at youtube for that game, the film looked grainy, lacked much color. Are you sure the game was played when they had color tv?

The zapruder film had better quality and that was allegedly taken in 63.

I just looked at youtube for that game, the film looked grainy, lacked much color. Are you sure the game was played when they had color tv?

The game was on color TV. My God what are you watching YouTube on?o_O

The original broadcast is on there and in color.

Perhaps you could direct me to the footage of all of Iowa's national title games. I seem to be having a difficult time finding them. Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT