ADVERTISEMENT

Max Duggan deciding in April

bomber89

Assistant Head Coach
Oct 12, 2004
saw a story that Duggan is deciding in April. Has Nebraska moved on to other quarterbacks?

Duggan is likely the 4th or 5th option Nebraska is looking at.

Daniels, Taglovailova and Tisdale are the top 3 and then it's a question of wether Duggan or McCaffrey is after that.

IMO Duggan goes to Minnesota and we get one our top 3 guys.

landing one of our top 3 AND getting McCaffrey as a WR/RB/QB option would be amazing.

I heard he got a ND offer finally. Im wondering how high on his list they are.

It's great that the kid is highly recruited and has a lot of options. It's also great to feel confident that our coach and program can recruit talented qb's regardless of what happens with one kid. He's fine either way; we're fine either way.

It's great that the kid is highly recruited and has a lot of options. It's also great to feel confident that our coach and program can recruit talented qb's regardless of what happens with one kid. He's fine either way; we're fine either way.

Agree with one caveat it is important Frost make a statement to these other schools on kids from and around Nebraska. We need to stop other Big10 schools from getting kids in our backyard

Reactions: loper
Duggan is visiting Minnesota this weekend and Fleck and their QB Coach are recruiting him hard..

Also heard his mother is a Minnesota alum.

I'd like to see Duggan at Nebraska, I'm sure many of our fans would but I couldn't tell you what our coaches plans are with QB recruiting.

If he doesnt come here fine.. just please dont go to Minnesota.. i hope he takes ND up on that offer.

If he didn’t grow up a Husker fan - living in the midst of numerous Nebraska fans - he may have developed a certain disdain for Nebraska. This isn’t specific to Nebraska just proximity to a fan base of a team you don’t cheer for. If you grew up a hawkeye fan and hated Iowa state even if the recruit is from Iowa - Iowa state may have a harder time landing the recruit than a team he has no preconceived notions about

If he didn’t grow up a Husker fan - living in the midst of numerous Nebraska fans - he may have developed a certain disdain for Nebraska. This isn’t specific to Nebraska just proximity to a fan base of a team you don’t cheer for. If you grew up a hawkeye fan and hated Iowa state even if the recruit is from Iowa - Iowa state may have a harder time landing the recruit than a team he has no preconceived notions about

He didnt always live here. They lived in Texas for a few years. But most of his life is CB.

Reactions: jlb321
Please let's not do the "we really don't want him that much" approach here. It is very clear Frost and his staff like Duggan and want him here. I think they would accept his commitment in a heartbeat. A 4 star dual threat QB from western Iowa about one hour away? No brainer

There is a big difference between we don't want him and he's not the top option on the board. And anyone with any knowledge of the recruiting situation will tell you staff has slowplayed Duggan for months. - or at the very least he feels they have.

Would they take him if he wants in? Absolutely, he fits their system and they want him, and there is no guarantee they land anyone else. Also if he goes elsewhere and the staff doesn't get one of those other guys it could be an issue in the future...

That doesn't change the fact that the focus of the QB recruiting resources have been elsewhere or that if one of those other guys above him said yes tomorrow they would take them over Duggan in a heartbeat.

It also doesn't change the fact that he likely isn't going to choose to come here.

Facts don't care about your feelings and my suggeation to you is to please not tell people what to say or do if you don't want to be told to go cry in your safe space.

Reactions: SOHusker11
There is a big difference between we don't want him and he's not the top option on the board. And anyone with any knowledge of the recruiting situation will tell you staff has slowplayed Duggan for months. - or at the very least he feels they have.

Would they take him if he wants in? Absolutely, he fits their system and they want him, and there is no guarantee they land anyone else. Also if he goes elsewhere and the staff doesn't get one of those other guys it could be an issue in the future...

That doesn't change the fact that the focus of the QB recruiting resources have been elsewhere or that if one of those other guys above him said yes tomorrow they would take them over Duggan in a heartbeat.

It also doesn't change the fact that he likely isn't going to choose to come here.

Facts don't care about your feelings and my suggeation to you is to please not tell people what to say or do if you don't want to be told to go cry in your safe space.
I agree I don't think he chooses us. And I agree he is probably not our number one recruiting target at QB. I was just trying to short circuit the usual banter about how "we really don't want him anyway" when he goes elsewhere. Wasn't targeting my comments at you or anyone in particular so no need to get so defensive. Did I quote you? No. And with good reason. My post wasn't directed at you.
As for my "safe place"... it has Kate Upton in it and there is no crying allowed. Lol

I agree I don't think he chooses us. And I agree he is probably not our number one recruiting target at QB. I was just trying to short circuit the usual banter about how "we really don't want him anyway" when he goes elsewhere. Wasn't targeting my comments at you or anyone in particular so no need to get so defensive. Did I quote you? No. And with good reason. My post wasn't directed at you.
As for my "safe place"... it has Kate Upton in it and there is no crying allowed. Lol

Alright. We good. My bad.

I'm not really a Kate Upton fan but who would cry in that safe place?

Please let's not do the "we really don't want him that much" approach here. It is very clear Frost and his staff like Duggan and want him here. I think they would accept his commitment in a heartbeat. A 4 star dual threat QB from western Iowa about one hour away? No brainer

Ben Shapiro fan I see.

Reactions: huskerfan1414

OK, help an old man, you lost me on this one. First you say that "anyone with any knowledge.." will tell us the staff has "slowplayed" him for months and then you turn in the same sentence you give us an "or" he feels they have" So which is it, he feels it or the staff really has done it and we are all supposed to know? Then I am to believe we take him "absolutely, he fits their system and they want him" which does not line up with being slow played does it? Why would you slow play someone you really want?

OK, help an old man, you lost me on this one. First you say that "anyone with any knowledge.." will tell us the staff has "slowplayed" him for months and then you turn in the same sentence you give us an "or" he feels they have" So which is it, he feels it or the staff really has done it and we are all supposed to know? Then I am to believe we take him "absolutely, he fits their system and they want him" which does not line up with being slow played does it? Why would you slow play someone you really want?

To the first part, Both. They have slowplayed him and his camp is aware of it. Though the degree his camp feels it occured and the degree it actually did may or may not be the same.

To the second, if he came out tomorrow and said he wants to commit to Nebraska and none of those other three was willing to commit now, they would take him and be done with it, (a hybrid like McCaffrey not withstanding.) That doesn't mean they wouldn't like to see him wait till later in the year to see where some of the other guys shake out first and If for example both Duggan and Daniels wanted to commit right now, they'd take Daniels.

Reactions: headcard
Mike Stutz. Was he a four star? Threw a TD to another QB

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Duggan is visiting Minnesota this weekend and Fleck and their QB Coach are recruiting him hard..

Also heard his mother is a Minnesota alum.
His mom is not a Minnesota alum she ran track in college but not Minnesota.

He didnt always live here. They lived in Texas for a few years. But most of his life is CB.
Wrong! His dad coached a half season in Texas but the family stayed here, the kids including Max were going to St. Albert at that time.

My guess all along is he ends up at ND. Seems like a kid that wants to get out of the area from Neb and Iowa

Apparently Minnesota or TCU for Duggan.

There was an article in the local paper (Fort Worth star telegram) about him loving his visit to TCU. They stated his favorites were Minnesota, Nebraska, and TCU.

There was an article in the local paper (Fort Worth star telegram) about him loving his visit to TCU. They stated his favorites were Minnesota, Nebraska, and TCU.

We'll PJ may be guaranteeing a starting job for 4 years and telling him he will be a superstar there.

Reactions: little a
We'll PJ may be guaranteeing a starting job for 4 years and telling him he will be a superstar there.

Now that is a stretch. What coach "guarantees" anything? Maybe, he just likes the culture, coaches and area there. Hmm, that would be strange. I guess it sounds better the way you said it, true or not.

Now that is a stretch. What coach "guarantees" anything? Maybe, he just likes the culture, coaches and area there. Hmm, that would be strange. I guess it sounds better the way you said it, true or not.

Minnesota is downtown Minneapolis and is like a giant sized commuter school, think of UNO but like 10x bigger.

ADVERTISEMENT