ADVERTISEMENT

"Matt Rhule unlikely" - Sipple

Logically though Monken gives you your OC with a ring. You know what you’re getting. That’s going to give you a lot of gravitas in a living room too. Then you add to that the fact that he already has relationships built with some top recruits. IMO Mickey’s ability to recruit is going to be dulled by the stank of this year
Wrong Monken. The coach that is reported to be in consideration for the Nebraska job is the Head Coach at Army.

Logically though Monken gives you your OC with a ring. You know what you’re getting. That’s going to give you a lot of gravitas in a living room too. Then you add to that the fact that he already has relationships built with some top recruits. IMO Mickey’s ability to recruit is going to be dulled by the stank of this year
Fwiw, Mickey has a ring as well… but no coordinator responsibilities. I still think Mickey can kill it with recruiting, even with the Frank of this year.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens in the next 2 weeks.

Fwiw, Mickey has a ring as well… but no coordinator responsibilities. I still think Mickey can kill it with recruiting, even with the Frank of this year.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens in the next 2 weeks.
The problem for Mickey is that he’s 2 crappy seasons away from that ring. Obviously I’ve thought about this WAY too much but the longer this has gone on the more I like names like DeBoer and Monken.

Reactions: timnsun
good news

Fh4gEhrWAAQCNWa
I never thought Rhule was realistic for NU anyway. With that guaranteed buyout money, he can sit and wait for his dream job to open up. He could freshen up his resume and image by taking a commentator gig or do some consulting with Nick Saban.

The problem for Mickey is that he’s 2 crappy seasons away from that ring. Obviously I’ve thought about this WAY too much but the longer this has gone on the more I like names like DeBoer and Monken.
Kalen BeBoer and Lance Leipold would be a perfect fits for the NU job. I would be thrilled with either of them. I would be intrigued with Jeff Monken. Any of those three would bring in a much better head coach than we have had in many years. Some wonder if Monken's offense would win against the elite defenses in college football, but sooner or later somebody's got to take a chance and find out. After being a 30 point dog at Michigan and not covering, Husker fans should realize we're not even close to needing to worry about how to beat Georgia's defense anyway.

Wrong Monken. The coach that is reported to be in consideration for the Nebraska job is the Head Coach at Army.
That depends on who you talk to on which Monken is being considered. I’ve ALWAYs been on Todd. I haven’t seen anybody seriously consider Jeff. Maybe I missed something in this thread. I’ve heard Jeff’s name mentioned in passing but find it hard to believe he’s somebody Trev would target.

That depends on who you talk to on which Monken is being considered. I’ve ALWAYs been on Todd. I haven’t seen anybody seriously consider Jeff. Maybe I missed something in this thread. I’ve heard Jeff’s name mentioned in passing but find it hard to believe he’s somebody Trev would target.
I have not seen Todd Monken’s name discussed by anyone as the next coach at Nebraska.

All of the speculation is on Jeff Monken and his triple option offense at Army.

I have not seen Todd Monken’s name discussed by anyone as the next coach at Nebraska.

You haven’t been reading my posts then. We discussed Todd a fair amount recently as a dark horse candidate. Jeff kept getting brought up early on by one poster who wants us to be a “triple option” team. I don’t think he has any shot.

Sipp reports one of the very best coaches on the market is unlikely and we have an idiot poster that thinks this is “good news”. Just amazing stupidity. Maybe we will get lucky and all the good coaches will opt out so we can be stuck with someone like Monken or Patterson.

Reactions: scarletred
Sipp reports one of the very best coaches on the market is unlikely and we have an idiot poster that thinks this is “good news”. Just amazing stupidity. Maybe we will get lucky and all the good coaches will opt out so we can be stuck with someone like Monken or Patterson.
Which Monken? I think Todd could be very good. Jeff maybe not so much but I think he’s still a reasonably good coach. You never know for sure with a service academy guy until you put them in a different setting. IMO hiring Georgias OC right now would be a splash hire.

You haven’t been reading my posts then. We discussed Todd a fair amount recently as a dark horse candidate. Jeff kept getting brought up early on by one poster who wants us to be a “triple option” team. I don’t think he has any shot.
Well you aren’t a media member with a published column or social media.

I’ve brought up Tom Herman several times but that doesn’t make him a legit candidate.

I think, all in all, 99.9% of us NU fans want the right coach for this mess. I may or may not get who I'd like as HC, but I'm willing to give him a good 1 1/2 year to see if maybe he IS the guy.

When you're a real NU fan, you just gotta be sick of this fricking losing year after year.

Sipp reports one of the very best coaches on the market is unlikely and we have an idiot poster that thinks this is “good news”. Just amazing stupidity.
you’re the only one who gets personally offended if Rhule isn’t worshipped like he’s Nick Saban. is he your wife’s boyfriend or do you just have a crush on him?

you’re the only one who gets personally offended if Rhule isn’t worshipped like he’s Nick Saban. is he your wife’s boyfriend or do you just have a crush on him?

**** off. I think everyone of this board is sick of your bullshit. Now go on and start with the “Boomer” and “Retard” stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dylman and Minn1954
this is a decent dc for rhule, nobdy has hanged many points on isu this year, which is pretty good considering their offense

Last edited:
**** off. I think everyone of this board is sick of your bullshit. Now go on and start with the “Boomer” and “Retard” stuff.
@thall__ had a solid write up on why he doesn’t like Rhule. You’re being overly dramatic at criticism towards Rhule.

I think he’d be a good coach and we’d be lucky to have him, but there are also better options available.

• Love
Reactions: thall__
@thall__ had a solid write up on why he doesn’t like Rhule. You’re being overly dramatic at criticism towards Rhule.

I think he’d be a good coach and we’d be lucky to have him, but there are also better options available.

I was waiting for you to chime in. It is very interesting that every single post you have had the last couple months has been defending this guy and every single like has been one of his post, usually the only one. Very interesting.

BTW. The write up was full of misinformation and of course when it was pointed out, we get “boomer” and “retard” insults as a response. as you know.

Interesting, the more this goes on, the injuries, lack of quality starters, no depth, new OC, fired DC, fired HC and more I have nothing but respect for Mickey and think he could lead this program as well as anyone. His kids play hard for him, don't quit, what more can you ask?

Reactions: Vitalis Jackson
Interesting, the more this goes on, the injuries, lack of quality starters, no depth, new OC, fired DC, fired HC and more I have nothing but respect for Mickey and think he could lead this program as well as anyone. His kids play hard for him, don't quit, what more can you ask?
ESPN repeated the Mickey Joseph is the first black head coach ever at NU….. Outside pressure is real from the media and no doubt Warren.

He's a clown
Sipple and the rest of the current Nebraska media can all jump off a cliff. I don't trust a single f>ckin thing any of them write or anything that comes out of their f<cking mouths.

I wish every time we get a new coach, the current media goes with him. Especially, since they can't report the shit he's doing. GTFOH.

Walking away from $80+ in buyout money is not a win-win.
It is if you are getting your a$$ handed to you. Better to grab onto the WVA job and claim you owe your home state's top school your undying loyalty and go on to say if it were any other school you would never think to leave A&M. It's not reality, but it keeps Jimbo's ego intact.

Reactions: headcard
But he just started following Rhule today. And now he has just deactivated his entire Twitter account, after people noticed that he started following Rhule. Seems like he might have let the cat out of the bag.

First, he forces Trev to keep Frost another year, now he might tank the Ruhle deal. How can someone who gives so many millions of dollars do so much damage?

ESPN repeated the Mickey Joseph is the first black head coach ever at NU….. Outside pressure is real from the media and no doubt Warren.
This is a Really Big Deal, and it's been talked about nationally. It, and other things, makes Nebraska undesirable to some of the finest collegiate athletes out there.

I'm really afraid that, at the end of the day, Alberts is going to offer the job to the most desperate coach that is available. In that context, I really prefer Joseph, if for nothing else but stability.

But he just started following Rhule today. And now he has just deactivated his entire Twitter account, after people noticed that he started following Rhule. Seems like he might have let the cat out of the bag.

Is he the booster that's responsible for the train wreck over the last five years? Why don't we invite him to leave the state? We would be better off, it sounds.

This is a Really Big Deal, and it's been talked about nationally. It, and other things, makes Nebraska undesirable to some of the finest collegiate athletes out there.

I'm really afraid that, at the end of the day, Alberts is going to offer the job to the most desperate coach that is available. In that context, I really prefer Joseph, if for nothing else but stability.
You just don‘t hire someone because of anyone’s color.. That’s ridiculous..

Mickey, I believe will still be apart of this program moving forward..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT