ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Campbell

He is struggling this season but his turnaround at Iowa State can't be denied. I would be happy if we got him as our next head coach. I would prefer Klieman, Freeze, or Aranda. However, Matt Campbell wouldn't be a bad choice.
Maybe struggling because he's already checked out?? 🤔

Struggling? Dude is about to put together one of the worst seasons at ISU but since he beat powerhouse Iowa he will be forgiven...

This was a year after people thought they could make the playoff and he struggled to get to a bowl game.

He is struggling this season but his turnaround at Iowa State can't be denied. I would be happy if we got him as our next head coach. I would prefer Klieman, Freeze, or Aranda. However, Matt Campbell wouldn't be a bad choice.
the pilgrim has done well at ames iowa, I'm not sure folks know the history of isu before cambell

He would be Mike Reilly 2.0 IMO - People said the same thing about Mike. "Look at what he did at Oregon State. Imagine what he could do with NU's resources" Water reaches its level

He stayed too long. Needed to get out when he was a hot name. Coming in and turning around a place like ISU is tough, but possible. Taking that next step, winning conference titles and sustaining success, is nearly impossible.

Because the last coach we hired that made Iowa State look good has turned out to be a real winner

We had some people over last Friday night and one of the guys was an Iowa State fan, (Friday was the day before their OU game for those of you who manage to live a full life and don't follow their schedule)...and he said the only job Campbell would leave for is Ohio State......yeah I barely made it through that exchange without the wine I just drank spouting out both my nostrils.

Good coach at a tough gig. We could do worse, but I don’t think he moves the dial enough. I would absolutely sell the farm for Kiffin. So unlikely but damn would he make a splash and move the dial immediately.

While he would be a good hire, my fear is that he would only stay 3 years or so before moving back to the NFL. Then NU would be going through this all over again
Oh my gosh no!! Our coach does so well he gets hired for an NFL job!! OMG NO! Not NFL ties that would suck!! I prefer firing our coaches with $15 Million dollar buy outs!!!

idiotic take man

That poster Rips everyone's post but brings absolutely nothing to the table to discuss. I wouldn't careless what he had to say.
It it was a bad take. Sometimes you gotta own it. Nebraska hasn’t had a head coach leave voluntarily since any of us have even been alive. We are a destination job, we just have hired some lame coaches… with the most recent being the worst hire in Nebraska history

And I am not a BOB proponent, FWIW

Kiffin or Leipold would be my top two targets

Leipold seems like the easiest “get” though

4 more weeks and we will know

We had some people over last Friday night and one of the guys was an Iowa State fan, (Friday was the day before their OU game for those of you who manage to live a full life and don't follow their schedule)...and he said the only job Campbell would leave for is Ohio State......yeah I barely made it through that exchange without the wine I just drank spouting out both my nostrils.
That is generally a pretty strongly held belief in that community so I would guess there is some merit to it. It’s safe to assume Campbell turned down offers from better programs than Nebraska to stay at ISU already so I’m not sure how you can discredit the veracity of the statement.

My opinion - Campbell has job security and freedom like no other in Ames. Despite the awful record this year the only anger is directed at his nepotism OC who is his longtime buddy (I happen to think Manning is a pretty good OC). I think once they get some experience their offense will pick up.

I also think that in the forthcoming landscape of college football, Campbell will have an easier time getting ISU to the expanded playoffs in the B12 than he would getting Nebraska there in the B10.

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
That is generally a pretty strongly held belief in that community so I would guess there is some merit to it. It’s safe to assume Campbell turned down offers from better programs than Nebraska to stay at ISU already so I’m not sure how you can discredit the veracity of the statement.

My opinion - Campbell has job security and freedom like no other in Ames. Despite the awful record this year the only anger is directed at his nepotism OC who is his longtime buddy (I happen to think Manning is a pretty good OC). I think once they get some experience their offense will pick up.

I also think that in the forthcoming landscape of college football, Campbell will have an easier time getting ISU to the expanded playoffs in the B12 than he would getting Nebraska there in the B10.

Yeah, no.

Obio State can and would do better. But as a Husker fan I hope it happens!!!

Reactions: Sinomatic
I am not against as much as others are. But even if he improves let's say his average is 7 wins and improves with our increase in resources to 9-10 range. You are gonna get 2 things that are going to drive us crazy. #1 even his best teams will drop wierddddd games to people he should not lose to. #2 he has the SF affect even worse than SF. Matt Cambell since 2016 has lost the 3rd most games by 1 score in the country.

Pros: culture and he will beat ranked teams.

PS: I forgot to mention fans are going to lose their minds with his 3-3-5 defense.

Reactions: headcard
He would be Mike Reilly 2.0 IMO - People said the same thing about Mike. "Look at what he did at Oregon State. Imagine what he could do with NU's resources" Water reaches its level
YES. I do not get the hype with this guy. It makes zero sense. When UCF, Cincy, BYU and Houston join that league, ISU will be right back at the bottom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT