ADVERTISEMENT

Masry Mapieu

Watched him play in person last night at his game against Elkhorn South and quite frankly, I have no freaking idea why he has a scholarship offer to Nebraska. He doesn't fire off the ball and just seemed lazy out there. With his size he should be dominate out there, especially with a scholarship to a power 5 school and he was pretty much a non factor in the game.

Well, York is Class B state champs after destroying Skutt 31-0. Maybe he’s ok?

Reactions: SOHusker11
Man some of you are sensitive. Dude watched a game and wasn't impressed, he's not claiming to be an expert, he's relaying what he saw. He's just trying to start a conversation about it, he's not shitting on the player or the coaches, good god.

No kidding. Some bitter fans. I guess that’s what you do after 18 years of no conf titles. Obviously the coaches know what they’re doing ;).

Reactions: HuskerDana
Watched him play in person last night at his game against Elkhorn South and quite frankly, I have no freaking idea why he has a scholarship offer to Nebraska. He doesn't fire off the ball and just seemed lazy out there. With his size he should be dominate out there, especially with a scholarship to a power 5 school and he was pretty much a non factor in the game.

The local high school (4A) near me has produced two offensive linemen who are one year apart who are starting for two different Pac-12 teams. Both are rated as first round NFL picks. When I watched them in high school I thought they took too many plays off. You would have thought they would have just dominated the opposition, but that wasn't always the case. The younger player especially was out there to have fun. He's a tackle and because he was so big and athletic he would sometimes play TE. His Qb who is playing Division II college ball would lob it over to him and he would fall forward for what seemed like 5 yards.

You can't coach size and sometimes better "football players" get overlooked because they don't have the size. I watched a high school semifinal game between Lutheran North (St. Louis) vs Lamar high school this pass weekend. Lutheran North has about 8 to 9 kids with D-1 offers and Lamar has zero. The best player hands down on the field was the DE/RB for Lamar (5-11, 215lbs). The kid for Lutheran North who is committed to Oklahoma TE/DE struggled to block the Lamar kid most of the game. Oh and by the way Lamar won the game.

Masry played his best ball the last several weeks. Maybe a sense of urgency kicked in, but he whooped up on the Scutt boys last night.

He did play better tonight. Conditioning may have been a factor early this season. Like I said week 1, Snodgrass is a man amongst boys out there and a lot of their success is from him.

IIHC Snodgrass just got a Nebraska offer this morning?? I was half paying attention, but I think that is what Benning just said?

Parella must be an idiot.

Based on the state title game, and it's only one game, but Mapieu was the 4th best player on his team. Zero energy off the ball, zero drive & continued to get pushed by smaller players. He was very lazy last night. A P5 trenches guy should dominate, especially a Nebraska commit and someone playing in Class B.

Snodgrass showed P5 conference ability, determination and talent. And he was the only one last night that did so - on the biggest stage. I wouldn't mind seeing Archer from Skutt getting a preferred walk-on offer.

Based on the state title game, and it's only one game, but Mapieu was the 4th best player on his team. Zero energy off the ball, zero drive & continued to get pushed by smaller players. He was very lazy last night. A P5 trenches guy should dominate, especially a Nebraska commit and someone playing in Class B.

Snodgrass showed P5 conference ability, determination and talent. And he was the only one last night that did so - on the biggest stage. I wouldn't mind seeing Archer from Skutt getting a preferred walk-on offer.

Do you think Kautz from Norfolk Catholic will get a football offer? I know he'll probably get some offers for track. But if Frost is the next coach, he likes to recruit guys with speed.

Thoughts on a new coach coming in and rescinding offers? Is it frowned upon?

Do you think Kautz from Norfolk Catholic will get a football offer? I know he'll probably get some offers for track. But if Frost is the next coach, he likes to recruit guys with speed.

No idea, never watched him play & haven't followed him/NC this year.

Thoughts on a new coach coming in and rescinding offers? Is it frowned upon?

I have no problem with it. In-state, ya it'll be frowned upon. Out-of-state, as long as it's handled properly there shouldn't be a problem. Coach will be pissed for a bit, but that's life.

Reactions: WHCSC
There's a young man that plays defensive/offensive line for Yutan that might be the best player I've seen in person all year. #60 - Colton Feist. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. 6'3", roughly 240 lbs. Just a wrecking machine. For those of you watching the state championships today, keep an eye on him in the C2 game.

I've not heard one word on any offers out to this guy. Perhaps I've just missed it.

Anybody else know anything about him?

There's a young man that plays defensive/offensive line for Yutan that might be the best player I've seen in person all year. #60 - Colton Feist. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. 6'3", roughly 240 lbs. Just a wrecking machine. For those of you watching the state championships today, keep an eye on him in the C2 game.

I've not heard one word on any offers out to this guy. Perhaps I've just missed it.

Sure looks like a solid player

His play last night was much better from the first game of the year that I watched in person at elkhorn. So you can imagine why I posted this in the first place back in August.

Kautz looks pretty good so far this morning. Granted, the competition isn't elite, but the kid ran a 10.3 100m as a high school freshman. That's faster than Adrian Killins at UCF. I'm thinking Frost could find a way to use that speed.

Snodgrass LB/Utility
Otte RB/LB
Stafursky-OT/DT
Danielson CB/WR
Maz DT

Since an offer is non-binding, the new coach doesn't have to honor any of them. I assume he will on most, but not all.

You guys are funny. The guy went to a game and wasn't as impressed as he thought he was going to be and suddenly the Calvary comes in claiming this guy is arrogant? Sensitive much? Btw as an Iowa fan the fact you guys are going to a 3-4 and your NT is a project makes me smile.

If as a Nebraska kid he went to Iowa, we Husker fans would be questioning why Nebraska didn't offer him in a few years as we were getting our behinds kicked by him ala Drew Ott

Who was the 250lb linebacker? That kid could plug some holes. Get that kid to walk on and make him an OG or DT. The way Snodgrass played reminded me of Burkhead.

Reactions: huskerfan66

He doesn't have any offers as of now, but he will probably get a couple. Solid athlete with a good motor. Probably not a candidate for a P5 scholly offer in my opinion, but will contribute somewhere.

Wow, sure hope NU gets Williams away from Wisconsin. Hate seeing Noah Fant torch us, don't want to watch Willaims play against us.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT