ADVERTISEMENT

Martinez or Bunch?

I’m hoping we don’t play Martinez unless he’s 100% ready to go. Can’t put him out there and re-injury that knee or it’s Bunch the rest of the season

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
In ways, this game is less stressful if Bunch plays. No way we win with Bunch and there won’t be much to gain from watching. Probably still will, but there’ll be less investment from me. If it’s AM...we got a shot. Not a great one, but a shot none the less. And I’ll be into every play.

Bunch and he plays a lot better then we all expect. Huskers lose but it’s close. Leaving even the most pessimistic Husker fans optimistic about the future.

Next week’s chatter is weather to just RS AM and have Bunch take over this rebuilding year.

Take it for what it’s worth but note I did wake up fresh this morning for the first time in 3 months since having my first kid. So that could be why I’m feeling so good this morning

Bunch and he plays a lot better then we all expect. Huskers lose but it’s close. Leaving even the most pessimistic Husker fans optimistic about the future.

Next week’s chatter is weather to just RS AM and have Bunch take over this rebuilding year.

Take it for what it’s worth but note I did wake up fresh this morning for the first time in 3 months since having my first kid. So that could be why I’m feeling so good this morning
Congrats on both the new child and for the first good night's sleep! Been there, done that.

Reactions: spinner4
This was never going to be a quick fix. I don’t think frost is ready to flush the season, but I think he knows we aren’t going to get where we want to go this year no matter what. It could hurt us in recruiting for a year to slow play this year but Frost is playing the long the game and if we start winning (7-9 wins) in year two or three, the recruiting will pick up. We aren’t going to start landing top recruits until we start challenging to be a top 15 team anyways, so it’s going to take a gradual improvement regardless IMO. Risking AM for today probably isn’t worth it in the long run unless he’s truly ready to go.

This was never going to be a quick fix. I don’t think frost is ready to flush the season, but I think he knows we aren’t going to get where we want to go this year no matter what. It could hurt us in recruiting for a year to slow play this year but Frost is playing the long the game and if we start winning (7-9 wins) in year two or three, the recruiting will pick up. We aren’t going to start landing top recruits until we start challenging to be a top 15 team anyways, so it’s going to take a gradual improvement regardless IMO. Risking AM for today probably isn’t worth it in the long run unless he’s truly ready to go.
That is exactly why I think Bunch starts. Frost is thinking big picture. And he also knows we would probably lose even with Martinez.
But who knows? In about an hour or so we might just see Martinez trotting out on the field. If he does I will take that as a great sign that Martinez is fully healthy and ready to go. Otherwise, Frost would not play him, as you stated so well

Bunch or Martinez...Michigan wins by a comfortable margin.

Not ready to buy that yet. Our offense has potential with Martinez. Our defense is holding their own. And Michigan’s offense isn’t going to light it up. I could be wrong about that, but that’s where I’m at. Not saying we’ll win if AM is ready to go but i think it’ll be a game.

I don’t think Michigan is the kind of team that will blow us out either way. I think with Martinez it’ll be close and with bunch we lose by a couple tds.

We will see some improvement this week

why bring martinez if he isnt going to start? Playing mind games is stupid when you need every player you can get on these road games. He is gonna play and start, I would say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I don’t think Michigan is the kind of team that will blow us out either way. I think with Martinez it’ll be close and with bunch we lose by a couple tds.

We will see some improvement this week

After Frost talked smack when UCF played Michigan a couple years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh runs the score up today. It could get ugly.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I’m hoping we don’t play Martinez unless he’s 100% ready to go. Can’t put him out there and re-injury that knee or it’s Bunch the rest of the season
He won't play if he's not ready. Rephrase that. IF Coach Frost doesn't think he is ready

I think this team is mentally soft and on the verge of being broken. We need to come out and either control the ball on a long grinding drive with a score or a special teams score or a quick score followed by a defensive stop

IF we get down I don't know if this team has the heart to come from behind again.

Leadership will be huge today. Unfortunately this team seems ununified IF players are getting called out by other players for not buying in.

GBR

I think this team is mentally soft and on the verge of being broken. We need to come out and either control the ball on a long grinding drive with a score or a special teams score or a quick score followed by a defensive stop

IF we get down I don't know if this team has the heart to come from behind again.

Leadership will be huge today. Unfortunately this team seems ununified IF players are getting called out by other players for not buying in.

GBR
Culture is developed & taught. Its going to take time. They can do it.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT