ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness Thread

Wow, a lot of Creighton admirers on here. Thanks NU admins and Hoiberg. Sure glad we don't have to worry about our head coach being hired away.

Wow, a lot of Creighton admirers on here. Thanks NU admins and Hoiberg. Sure glad we don't have to worry about our head coach being hired away.
Hey pascal, need you to head over and visit the thread Rhule spring PC-new weight room thread.,
7th page what sklarbodds has to say about what you accuse me of..bumped it for ya.
🫵🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
The really frustrating part of college basketball is the lack of consistency from officials. I’m not talking missed/bad calls. While that’s always an issue, I generally don’t have an expectation that there won’t be human error when you’re trying to evaluate very high level athletes playing a physical game in real time. But it’s blatantly obvious there is no set standard for the level of physicality allowed from crew to crew, game to game, or team to team. They allow so much contact some games and then the next tournament game starts and they’re calling touch fouls everywhere. It really does influence outcomes as multiple teams have come out and had key players in foul trouble in the first 3 minutes today. And beyond that, the style of play they allow can tip the scales from favoring finesse vs physical teams. I get some of this comes from what each conference wants/allows and then those crews likely call games how they have all year…but man it gets old and I wish they could standardize and fix it. /rant.

Big Ten team Northwestern getting destroyed by UCONN. How many team will Big Ten have in the sweet 16? Saw someone claiming the Big East is a mid-major conference. They have all 3 qualifiers make the sweet 16. UConn is defending champion. The emotions of March madness lead to fans making really dumb comments.

Reactions: king_kong_
Big Ten team Northwestern getting destroyed by UCONN. How many team will Big Ten have in the sweet 16? Saw someone claiming the Big East is a mid-major conference. They have all 3 qualifiers make the sweet 16. UConn is defending champion. The emotions of March madness lead to fans making really dumb comments.
We wouldn’t have been .500 in the big east

This isn’t the creighton board. Take your b!tch ass over to their board

He hates the B1G and proves it by white knighting for it daily
Seeing the Big Ten team’s performance in the tournament takes a little luster off the Huskers performance this year. Yes it was a great accomplishment though it explains why we never got into the top 25. Northwestern getting stomped, Wisconsin out, Michigan State out, why do they all struggle in the tournament

Houston actually playing defense might have something to do with it
Taylor hit 30+ footers with hands in his face against us and was 5 of 5 from behind the arc to start the game... he has 1 point at halftime that is not defense, that is called law of averages. He just happened to be on fire against us

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Seeing the Big Ten team’s performance in the tournament takes a little luster off the Huskers performance this year. Yes it was a great accomplishment though it explains why we never got into the top 25. Northwestern getting stomped, Wisconsin out, Michigan State out, why do they all struggle in the tournament
Big East only got three teams in the dance? Thats some mid major -type numbers.

Big Ten has faired better than sec and big 12 so guess I don't see your point bashing Nebraska’s success

Big Ten has faired better than sec and big 12 so guess I don't see your point bashing Nebraska’s success
Mid-majors get one maybe 2. I’m not bashing Nebraska’s success I said it doesn’t look as good given how the Big Ten teams have done and why is it an annual problem? Why bring up SEC and big 12 who did we play out of there this year? Stop feeling so attacked get over yourself

Taylor hit 30+ footers with hands in his face against us and was 5 of 5 from behind the arc to start the game... he has 1 point at halftime that is not defense, that is called law of averages. He just happened to be on fire against us
Yeah these goobers aren’t watching. Taylor has had done better looks today. He couldn’t miss against us. It happens

Is Grand Canyon an online school?
Nope and the campus is pretty amazing, everything is practically brand new. It's not in the greatest part of Phoenix - lots of friends of my daughters went there, most liked it.

Thank you!!
Screenshot_20240324_214955_Chrome.jpg

Yeah that defense is brutal

SEC has 2 sweet 16 teams
Big 12 has 2 sweet 16 teams
B1G has 2 sweet 16 teams

then there's this

Big East is the premiere hoops league and basically always has been. very fun conference full of characters at the helm of just about every program.

saying we'd have done worse in the Big East isn't a sleight, it's obvious. and it's true for every single B1G program.

Reactions: BluejayAttyAlum
Nope and the campus is pretty amazing, everything is practically brand new. It's not in the greatest part of Phoenix - lots of friends of my daughters went there, most liked it.
Grand Canyon College was an NAIA basketball power back in the day. I remember when they beat Kearney State College in the National Championship game in the late 70s. That was a brutal but incredibly fun tournament. You had to win four games in four days to make the title game, then the finalists got one day off before playing for all the marbles.

Not sure when GCU moved up to Division I, but I think it was about 10 years ago.

Grand Canyon College was an NAIA basketball power back in the day. I remember when they beat Kearney State College in the National Championship game in the late 70s. That was a brutal but incredibly fun tournament. You had to win four games in four days to make the title game, then the finalists got one day off before playing for all the marbles.

Not sure when GCU moved up to Division I, but I think it was about 10 years ago.
That dude we had from France a couple of years ago ended up at GCU. I can’t spell his name so I won’t even try.

The Bama/GC and Houston/A&M games have both been awesome. Remind me of 80s Big East, physical basketball.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT