ADVERTISEMENT

March 25th wrap up. 4 top 100! 4 top 300! 4- 5 stars! 17-4 stars!!

I didn’t really think about this until just now… Could this weekend the make or break for Raiola? If all of these big recruits indicate they’re going elsewhere, is that what Dylan is wondering about? If none of these big names come, does Dylan go to USC or Georgia?

Reactions: dinglefritz
I didn’t really think about this until just now… Could this weekend the make or break for Raiola? If all of these big recruits indicate they’re going elsewhere, is that what Dylan is wondering about? If none of these big names come, does Dylan go to USC or Georgia?
Possibly. I don’t see any of the big name recruits committing this weekend. I hope I’m wrong, but figure they want to soak in all the recruiting trips before deciding. I trust this staff have other kids to pursue if things don’t work out. It’s awesome though so much talent is coming in. Once again, I hope I’m completely wrong & we get them.

Y
Possibly. I don’t see any of the big name recruits committing this weekend. I hope I’m wrong, but figure they want to soak in all the recruiting trips before deciding. I trust this staff have other kids to pursue if things don’t work out. It’s awesome though so much talent is coming in. Once again, I hope I’m completely wrong & we get them.
Yeah. 4 and 5 stars aren't committing on the first visit.

Probably not. But it was brought up by Sean C. that what if a big group of them decided to come here and be the class that turns this thing around and brings NU back to greatness? That would be pretty special.
This is kind of a unique situation with most of this staff having been in the NFL the last few years. It's not like where you hire a staff from a MAC school and they had relationships with a bunch of high school juniors but they weren't going to a MAC school. I'm guessing most of these kids had no interest in NU before Rhule was hired and got up and running.

So I would be shocked if any of these top 200 players committ this weekend without Raiola committing, which seems very unlikely.

This is kind of a unique situation with most of this staff having been in the NFL the last few years. It's not like where you hire a staff from a MAC school and they had relationships with a bunch of high school juniors but they weren't going to a MAC school. I'm guessing most of these kids had no interest in NU before Rhule was hired and got up and running.

So I would be shocked if any of these top 200 players committ this weekend without Raiola committing, which seems very unlikely.
I think the new facilities are going to be a big factor in getting some of these guys here. They aren't done yet but every recruit is mentioning how they will be the best in the country. Throw in New staff, fan support and NIL money I think we can pull a damn good class.

Totally agree… I guess I was more referring to the vibe that was communicated this weekend. Not the commits right away, but if through their conversations they could see them playing together at a place like Nebraska, if that would help him pull the trigger for Nebraska. If the vibe is different, and these guys tell Raiola that they are going to go elsewhere, does Raiola still consider Nebraska?

Totally agree… I guess I was more referring to the vibe that was communicated this weekend. Not the commits right away, but if through their conversations they could see them playing together at a place like Nebraska, if that would help him pull the trigger for Nebraska. If the vibe is different, and these guys tell Raiola that they are going to go elsewhere, does Raiola still consider Nebraska?
I would hope he would still consider the Huskers if other big names do go elsewhere. I’m confident this staff would give him some really good offensive players to work with regardless. If Raiola does commit to Nebraska, he’d play immediately. Other schools, who knows.

I think the new facilities are going to be a big factor in getting some of these guys here. They aren't done yet but every recruit is mentioning how they will be the best in the country. Throw in New staff, fan support and NIL money I think we can pull a damn good class.
For sure. And don't get me wrong. I think we will land some of these 4 stars and probably another 5 star if we get Raiola. Just not this weekend.

Was reading on a different site this is just the tip of the iceberg. The 2025 class could be even better with the facilities and another year of relationships. Sounds like that Saunders is likely to be the 2025 qb, and likely to be a top 10 in the qb class. Imagine Raiola, Saunders, Dayton Raiola.

We have a staffer who ran some type of QB academy in Pittsburgh or somewhere in Pennsylvania. I wonder if he has ties to this Saunders kid.

Reactions: HBK4life
Although I'm fully ready to drink all the kool-aid, I'm not expecting any commitments this weekend. I think this is a foundational visit for a lot of these guys. They may like the coaches but this is their chance to see what the city and university are all about. If they have a positive unofficial visit, perhaps they take an official visit later in the year. They've gotten their foot in the door and now it's time to make a positive impression and show why Nebraska is the best place for them. Rooting for the coaches but not expecting miracles so early in the tenure.

That said, if they can have a successful upcoming season both on the field and recruiting wise, it really helps shape up the following year's class. You'll have excitement, buzz, shiny new facilities and results on the field. This is a great opportunity to turn the program around and I really hope Rhule and his staff are able to capitalize on this opportunity.

I like the H.O. video, but I would suggest that Sipple stop ooh'ing and ahh'ing when discussing Alabama and Georgia with recruits. They are not doing anything NU has not done before. Plus it makes it appear like NU is a second rate option. Whether it is or not, that is up to the recruits to decide.

Last edited:
yes, this is how teams compete for big 10 championships. Not gonna get there with guys like roger grandey and jacob pyle

giphy.gif

Watch Raiola commit at the baseball game. Then the train really gets rollin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT