ADVERTISEMENT

March 25th wrap up. 4 top 100! 4 top 300! 4- 5 stars! 17-4 stars!!

It's getting pretty insane!! Can't remember the last time I've been this excited about recruiting...
Has to be when Callahan was bringing in top talent for me. The difference now is Rhule and the gang seems to be better suited for the college game. Also has Trev running the show instead of Stevey P pissing everyone off.

Has to be when Callahan was bringing in top talent for me. The difference now is Rhule and the gang seems to be better suited for the college game. Also has Trev running the show instead of Stevey P pissing everyone off.
That's probably about right. I was still in high school then trying to get recruited lol not by Callahan that's for sure. Now I'm older, and this is so exciting!

Reactions: HBK4life
That's probably about right. I was still in high school then trying to get recruited lol not by Callahan that's for sure. Now I'm older, and this is so exciting!
If Callahan had fired Coz he may have had some success here. That last class he had coming N was stacked before he got fired. In the end he was tied to Steve P and the guy that replaced Solich. He's better off in the NFL. Him and his boy Brian are great offensive coordinators and O line coaches.

I'd love to be wrong but I don't think he'll commit on March 25 when he's apparently adamant about taking a trip to Oregon on April 29. Now he might commit to Nebraska eventually in May or later but I don't think it would be this month.

If he doesn’t go to our spring game on April 22 and then goes to Oregon’s on April 29, I will not feel good at all about landing him.

Why? I like Dylan as a player and individual and it'll be interesting where he ends up. As others have reported as well, my colleagues on the Left Coast have also shared they'll be surprised if he doesn't end up at USC.
Because you repeatedly take disguised shots at NU recruiting. For being such a USC lean he sure is scheduling a lot of trips.

If he doesn’t go to our spring game on April 22 and then goes to Oregon’s on April 29, I will not feel good at all about landing him.
Wouldn't be ideal but you have to remember. He knows the game day atmosphere in Lincoln better than any other school. He doesn't need to attend our spring game to get a feel for game day or the stadium.

Because you repeatedly take disguised shots at NU recruiting. For being such a USC lean he sure is scheduling a lot of trips.
Neb. HS recruiting thus far under Rhule has been very average, which is very normal given how long he's been in Lincoln. We'll see what happens in this first class of his. I know Gradney and Pyle aren't of the caliber to compete for big 10 championships but most of the guys visiting at the end of this month are. We'll see where the cards fall on national signing day because that's all that really matters - not these big visit weekends. Everyone should have learned that during the mike riley era

Neb. HS recruiting thus far under Rhule has been very average, which is very normal given how long he's been in Lincoln. We'll see what happens in this first class of his. I know Gradney and Pyle aren't of the caliber to compete for big 10 championships but most of the guys visiting at the end of this month are. We'll see where the cards fall on national signing day because that's all that really matters - not these big visit weekends. Everyone should have learned that during the mike riley era
You act like we don't know recruiting. He was coaching in the NFL, along with a huge chunk of his staff.

So I expect if Rhule signs Raiola that you will be here signing his praises. Please don't tell me you'll be that guy that says, oh, he only signed him because he's a legacy. I can see that shot coming from a mile away.

Reactions: BleedRed78

You turn on the TV now and see men pretending to be women and being handed awards that should have gone to actual women so I get that it sometimes pays to pretend to be something you're not....but they still look like idiots, just like you.

Tongue Goat GIF

You act like we don't know recruiting. He was coaching in the NFL, along with a huge chunk of his staff.

So I expect if Rhule signs Raiola that you will be here signing his praises. Please don't tell me you'll be that guy that says, oh, he only signed him because he's a legacy. I can see that shot coming from a mile away.
you seem new, or maybe you are just another in a long line of people that have changed their handle. I don't really know or quite frankly care which. This dude has had several different handles over the years, at one point he was a youth football coach from Wisconsin, who got himself in a pickle when he started responding to and reaching out to recruits via twitter. I don't know if that was the original moniker or not. Point being for as long as I have been on this site, he is always the expert after the fact. Never really breaks any info, just says ambiguous stuff, like referenced in this thread, about a fast and strong RB being on Nebraska's radar. Never anything specific.

In this version of his multiple personality disorder self, he works for a recruiting outlet. He cannot tell us which one because of a non compete clause he has with a former employer, who he also won't name. He likes to reference players and coaches by their first names, as a veiled attempt to show us how connected he is and how familiar he is with these players and coaches.

Personally, I think it is just freaking weird to go to such lengths and to set up an elaborate ruse with a back story and everything to post on a message board.

Last edited:

His family connections certainly will play a role in his decision. It's impossible not to. But at the same time, Dylan could go to any school in the country so him choosing neb., esp. given their lack of success in any recent memory, isn't a given. Matter of fact, even with the family times - him choosing Neb. would be a fantastic add/recruiting win for the Huskers. He's the kind of player a coach certainly wants to build a roster around.

His family connections certainly will play a role in his decision. It's impossible not to. But at the same time, Dylan could go to any school in the country so him choosing neb., esp. given their lack of success in any recent memory, isn't a given. Matter of fact, even with the family times - him choosing Neb. would be a fantastic add/recruiting win for the Huskers. He's the kind of player a coach certainly wants to build a roster around.
Wait… are you saying Dylan could go to ANY school in the country? That means he may not choose Nebraska… this is eye opening stuff. Kinda wish I was this connected. Consider me jealous.

you seem new, or maybe you are just another in a long line of people that have changed their handle. I don't really know or quite frankly care which. This dude has had several different handles over the years, at one point he was a youth football coach from Wisconsin, who got himself in a pickle when he started responding to and reaching out to recruits via twitter. I don't know if that was the original moniker or not. Point being for as long as I have been on this site, he is always the expert after the fact. Never really breaks any info, just says ambiguous stuff, like referenced in this thread, about a fast and strong RB being on Nebraska's radar. Never anything specific.

In this version of his multiple personality disorder self, he works for a recruiting outlet. He cannot tell us which one because of a non compete clause he has with a former employer, who he also won't name. He likes to reference players and coaches by their first names, as a veiled attempt to show us how connected he is and how familiar he is with these players and coaches.

Personally, I think it is just freaking weird to go to such lengths and to set up an elaborate ruse with a back story and everything to post on a message board.
Oh man I remember him now. That's beyond pathetic.

I'm interested to see how Rhule will handle this. This is exactly the type of kid that Frost never would have picked up the phone for. Coach Calipari at Kentucky has said in interviews, "If a kid says publicly, 'my goal is to play at Kentucky' we better have evaluated him and if he is good enough we are taking him. If he's not quite good enough we will introduce to some people and help him find a place to play" That's how this sort of thing should be handled.

I'm interested to see how Rhule will handle this. This is exactly the type of kid that Frost never would have picked up the phone for. Coach Calipari at Kentucky has said in interviews, "If a kid says publicly, 'my goal is to play at Kentucky' we better have evaluated him and if he is good enough we are taking him. If he's not quite good enough we will introduce to some people and help him find a place to play" That's how this sort of thing should be handled.
Rhule said during his last presser loud and clear:

"I want kids who want to be at Nebraska."

I like that.

This kid is on the Gallatin track team and turned in a 19' 9.5" long jump last April. Not elite, 19' 9" would have put him 21st in Nebraska's Class A state meet last year. But he is the kind of multi-sport athlete Rhule seems to gravitate toward.

BTW Jaylen Lloyd was first in long jump last year with a jump of 23' 3.5" and Zane Flores was 16th.

This kid is on the Gallatin track team and turned in a 19' 9.5" long jump last April. Not elite, 19' 9" would have put him 21st in Nebraska's Class A state meet last year. But he is the kind of multi-sport athlete Rhule seems to gravitate toward.

BTW Jaylen Lloyd was first in long jump last year with a jump of 23' 3.5" and Zane Flores was 16th.
I was looking up track results and didn't see any. Being from a small state he needs to put up some big track numbers if he wants Power 2 offers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT