ADVERTISEMENT

Malachi Coleman - 21.31 200m

Former Husker safety Curtis Cotton's kid Kenzo previously held the fastest 200 run solely to himself. He also has the fastest 100 in state history. He went onto run track at Arkansas and won a national title in the 400 relay his freshman year I think. Pretty damn good company there.

Reactions: jsachisler
What position does he want to play in college? What are we projecting him to play and what is Georgia recruiting him to play?

I would say WR first then / rush edge is he can add some weight.
Listed at 180 on his Rivals page. At 6-5, he could grow into a big WR that presents a big problem for opposing D coordintors. Is he twitchy enough to play rush end?

Listed at 180 on his Rivals page. At 6-5, he could grow into a big WR that presents a big problem for opposing D coordintors. Is he twitchy enough to play rush end?
I think WR is the way to go given his build, but I've seen some asst coaches elsewhere saying he could play OLB in a 3-4.

I have watched almost every snap he has taken since he was a freshman. Def see him as receiver at the next level. I have not seen him show much effort on D unless it is handed to him. He plays very mellow a lot of the time. Maybe the right coaching can bring some of that to him on D, but Im guessing they see his speed and his height and ability to catch the ball.

I would say WR first then / rush edge is he can add some weight.
Yeah I was thinking big matchup nightmare WR. Shoot he could even slide into an H-back role / Vernan Davis style with that speed and jumping ability.

Haven't seen any film on him yet for defense, I'll have to check that out.

I’m cornfused…does he not want to come to Nebraska? Or have we not shown interest or both?

I have watched almost every snap he has taken since he was a freshman. Def see him as receiver at the next level. I have not seen him show much effort on D unless it is handed to him. He plays very mellow a lot of the time. Maybe the right coaching can bring some of that to him on D, but Im guessing they see his speed and his height and ability to catch the ball.
Agree..........A lot will depend on how he develops and grows in the next year and a half.

Takes him awhile to get up to speed. Not a lot of 200 meter sprints in football. Not trying to be critical. Just an observation.
Went sub 10.5 in the 100 as well. Dude is plenty fast. If I remember correctly Ahman Green and Eric Crouch were 10.4 guys. They did ok running away from people. There is a difference in running the curve and the straight away 100. May have just been his strategy to hang close and reel him in down the stretch. Who knows

Went sub 10.5 in the 100 as well. Dude is plenty fast. If I remember correctly Ahman Green and Eric Crouch were 10.4 guys. They did ok running away from people. There is a difference in running the curve and the straight away 100. May have just been his strategy to hang close and reel him in down the stretch. Who knows
Harder for a lankier guy to effectively run the curve. With the height and long stride his best race could easily be the 400 with proper race specific training.

He handles that curve better and he might go sub 21.
21.31 for first. 21.32 was second.

He ran a very fast 100, 10.46 to take 2nd. 10.43 won the race. He was run down at the wire, so he can get out of the blocks for a tall guy. 10.50 was third. Heck, seven runners finished in under 11.00 yesterday. Fast group at District.

Jaylen Lloyd
Damn I just watched his tape and although smaller, he obviously has great speed and wins jump balls with crazy one-handed catches at 5’11”.

Looks like his only offer so far is Northern Iowa. I’m sure that will change with a good performance this upcoming football season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT